Buying A New Cheap Chopper

Hi all, I am looking to buy an alleged chopper/ cruiser new, now I live in the jungles of Issan and drove the one hour to my nearest big town of Det Udon. Only one shop had anything other than Honda waves etc. They had a Chinese 250 cc bike. looks nice, but just wondering at what the prices are for other bikes, before I set off to Ubon in search of a better bike or better deal. The Chinese bike is 79,000 baht cash or 110,000 baht over 3 years. I will be on payments. Don't care if they are a fast or reliable, it's just a boys toy, sick of riding a wave. Any suggestions. Thanks Jim

I saw and sat on the Lifan 250 up in Khampaeng Phet and I was quite comfortable on but they wouldn't let me take it for a test ride though.

Then I found my current Yamaha 535 Virago with a green book and I am happy with that.

The Lifan has good reports and there are Lifan forums on the internet as well.

To my knowledge there are very few new cruisers on the Thai market that are reasonably priced.

Go for it.

There is also a guy on TV called PaulD up in CM who has one.

Edited by billd766

I saw and sat on the Lifan 250 up in Khampaeng Phet and I was quite comfortable on but they wouldn't let me take it for a test ride though.

Then I found my current Yamaha 535 Virago with a green book and I am happy with that.

The Lifan has good reports and there are Lifan forums on the internet as well.

To my knowledge there are very few new cruisers on the Thai market that are reasonably priced.

Go for it.

There is also a guy on TV called PaulD up in CM who has one.

Thanks for the replies. The thing I was looing a is a RYUKA. Anyone know of them. My internet is next to useless out here hard to do any real reaches. Jim

Is the Kawasaki boss still available? I bought mine nearly 3 years ago. It's only 175 cc so a bit underpowered, but can cruise at 90-100. comfortable. economical reliable. Cost I think 79,000 with alloy wheels, cheaper with spokes.

Jim. I think it MAY be the Lifan rebranded. But can't be sure. maybe you will have to look it over in more detail.

No, Lifan and Ryuka are NOT the same at all. The Lifan has a fairly good reputation. The Ryuka is sold in Big C supermarkets and has a terrible reputation...

Jim. I think it MAY be the Lifan rebranded. But can't be sure. maybe you will have to look it over in more detail.

No, Lifan and Ryuka are NOT the same at all. The Lifan has a fairly good reputation. The Ryuka is sold in Big C supermarkets and has a terrible reputation...

Well what ever it is it had RYUKA 250 cc written on it. Big tank with the speedo and light switches on it. Looked nice and it;s just a toy. Have a real car with real repayments and am not likely to be setting off touring on the bike with the wife and 2 kids. Thanks for the help. Jim