Anybody Know Where I Can Get Bausch And Lomb Purevision Contact Lenses?

Theyreallrubbish

I tried 3 places in Kad Suan Kaew. Two of them just immediately said "No have" as soon as they saw the box.

One place went through the little order book they have and then said that my exact type was unavailable in Thailand.

Anybody know a shop that's good at supplying these things that might have them or be able to find them?

I got these in the UK and they've been perfect, but the stock I brought with me is running out and I'd like to get exactly the same again if I possibly can rather than start with different ones.

There are eyeglass shops in both Airport Plaza and KSK that have B&L signs in their windows

Take your lens prescription box in and ask them to order

I went in those stores as described in the first post.

From the other posters link it looks lie B&L have moved on to PureVision2 which is why its hard to get the originals.

Oh well, probably good to move on to the new ones

I've been using B&L Soflens 59 for several years. Anyone have any comparative data between these lenses and PureVision? The latter sound like they have thinner edges, which could contribute to greater comfort.....(?). Thanx.

Any idea, Jim, why your brand of B&L isn't sold in the USA...

I wear a pair of hard lens by a different manufacturer from the U.S. that aren't available here... I had one Thai eye doctor in BKK, a rare one who deals in hard lenses, quote me about $1,000 to buy and import from the U.S. I politely said NO THANKS!!!

SofLens59 Contact Lenses

Please Note: SofLens59 contact lenses are not sold in the USA.

Bausch + Lomb SofLens59 contact lenses deliver clear vision with the everyday comfort you have been looking for.

SofLens59 lenses are made from a protein resistant material that combines excellent performance, comfort and visual acuity.

Any idea, Jim, why your brand of B&L isn't sold in the USA...

....'cause they're almond shaped, not round? :)

Hadn't realized they weren't sold Stateside. I haven't bought contacts in the US in many years. Over here, without needing a prescription, I've been able to experiment with different brands and strengths -- the latter to find the best monocular combo.

Haven't tried bi-focal contacts yet. A friend who did wasn't overly impressed. Monocular works fine for me, however.

I had the same situation, but with a different brand - CIBA vision. The company phased out the contact lens I'd been using for many years and transitioned to one with a different name (a better version of my old standby). Long story short, I could not find this contact lens anywhere. I finally found an online store based in Bangkok. It took about six weeks, but they were able to import the contacts from India and get them to me. It was cheaper than when I bought them in the US, but probably not as cheap as buying them from a shop in Airport Plaza. However, for those of us with hard-to-fit eyes, we take what we can get!

The online company is TA-TO.com if you want to check them out.

Tried out the local contact lenses and they didnt work for me, so I went back to what I was using in the USA which was 02 Optix or Air Optix Aqua.I've been buying from <a href='http://www.pboptic.com' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.pboptic.com</a>,  located in bangkok, they ship EMS 2-3 days to Phuket where I lived before, now @ Chiang Mai. They take paypal too for a small fee, or just transfer via bank and they will auto confirm your payment and ship out.

Btw, they have should everything in stock, and looks cheaper than the other site.

Edited by llp

I believe to order from the USA based company you need a prescription. You should try contacting the sites mentioned to see what they can do for you as they have a direct line to the manufacturer.