Town Lodge Anyone Soi 18

springer64

I haven't stayed there in many years, but dropped by a month ago, and the place is upgraded with German? management, and had a nightclub on the ground floor - a perfect hideaway for a single male :whistling:

Tacos and Salsa, Mexican food just across the street.

Other options in the area are the new BB Mansion, between soi 18 & 20, Drop inn soi 20, and Baan Sukhumvit in both soi 18 and 20..... :D

Edited by bergen

It's a very long way down the soi at the end on the right, looks like three or four old shops houses knocked together. Nice enough rooms and quiet as long as you are not above the toxic bar. For a bloke on his own I would say there are more convenient and better places.

Edited by sms747

Yeah, it's a long hike down the soi. Usually take a moto- taxi. Nice people ran the people the place when I stayed there back in 08 & 09. Free internet and coffee in the lobby. Guest friendly and, or, you can just grab one in the Toxic Room. Decent bathrooms and about a zillion cable channels. Nice lighting around the frame of the bed - very romantic touch laugh.gifOne downside besides the long distant to the suk is the lack of sunlight - it's completely dwarfed by the surrounding buildings.

How much are the rooms in Town Lodge and the other places mentioned.

They're all in the 1200 to 1400 baht range, except Baan Sukhumvit in soi 18, which is bit more expensive......... :D

For a single guy.....great place........just watch out for the Swiss manager/owner as he gets cantankerous at around midnight.

Ask for a huge discount on the Jacuzzi suites, tub big enough for 4...tell the Swiss dude Uncle Sam sent you and to use my VIP card.....but get the 3rd floor, not second as that is right above the bar.

For a single guy.....great place........just watch out for the Swiss manager/owner as he gets cantankerous at around midnight.

Ask for a huge discount on the Jacuzzi suites, tub big enough for 4...tell the Swiss dude Uncle Sam sent you and to use my VIP card.....but get the 3rd floor, not second as that is right above the bar.

I had the jacuzzi room on the 3rd floor once. Never used because no hot water - my date was very disappointed as was I annoyed.gif

Yes....no hot water could disappoint an expectant jacuzzi party.

You should have called the Swiss dude and a handful of his cohorts to bucket up some hot water from the gourmet kitchen.

Yes....no hot water could disappoint an expectant jacuzzi party.

You should have called the Swiss dude and a handful of his cohorts to bucket up some hot water from the gourmet kitchen.

:lol:

I stayed there in July. My mate was there in June. I had ok hot water. He did not.

It seems to be hit or miss as to what works or what will not at this place.

But then that is pretty typical for the no tell hotels you get for about 1,000 baht in Bangkok.

The killer for me is the long walk back up to Sukhumvit. There are a lot of other places to stay for similar prices with better access to BTS.