Please Help Me Now If You Can!

Sorry to post about something so lame, but I can't wait for blog responses if I post this on there and this is kind of an emergency.

I went out to find a gym and sauna but it was a tanning place that had a rowing machine and that was it so I went for a walk around and went to the butchers to buy a haggis but I changed my mind after a minute in the que and went to Somerfield instead where I bought 3 oranges, a carrot, a bottle of mineral water and, without thinking, two big, fat, prime boneless salmon fillets because the sight of salmon makes me salivate and after all, 2.99 isn't bad - the thing is, how do I cook them?

I've already cut the carrot into batons and will steam them over some honey water and i'll get some potatoes on the boil after I post this which I will later mash up with some salted butter, a little cheddar and some cracked black pepper.

I don't know how to cook salmon fillets as I've never done them before, should I fryor grill them and for how long?

Please advise, the clock is ticking.

Sorry to post about something so lame, but I can't wait for blog responses if I post this on there and this is kind of an emergency.

I went out to find a gym and sauna but it was a tanning place that had a rowing machine and that was it so I went for a walk around and went to the butchers to buy a haggis but I changed my mind after a minute in the que and went to Somerfield instead where I bought 3 oranges, a carrot, a bottle of mineral water and, without thinking, two big, fat, prime boneless salmon fillets because the sight of salmon makes me salivate and after all, 2.99 isn't bad - the thing is, how do I cook them?

I've already cut the carrot into batons and will steam them over some honey water and i'll get some potatoes on the boil after I post this which I will later mash up with some salted butter, a little cheddar and some cracked black pepper.

I don't know how to cook salmon fillets as I've never done them before, should I fryor grill them and for how long?

Shallow fry on medium heat. 4-5 mins on the skin side then turn over and give them a couple of minutes on the flesh side. Stop cooking as soon as they have changed colour all the way through

Shallow fry on medium heat.  4-5 mins on the skin side then turn over and give them a couple of minutes on the flesh side.  Stop cooking as soon as they have changed colour all the way through

They must be mighty big fillets..IMO 4-5 mins on the skin side should probably cook the whole thing. :o:D

actaully fish is easy to cooked

Grill /fried for 5 minutes on each side

if u dont worry about weight gain , so fried it

me, myself i love both

Ok, Ive sliced the three med-sized potatoes with the skin on (rinsed of course and with black bits scraped off under a running tap) - the irritating DJ on BBC Radio 2 has just informed me that the nail on your index finger grows the fastest and the thumbnail grows the slowest and nails grow fastest on the hand that you favour - I'm right handed and I bite mine, anyway - I'll pour a glass of wine and get the carrots on.

By the way, this is great use of the internet, I'm not winding you up here, this is happening live and for real. :o

Of course, the proper, British, way to cook these prime salmon fillets would have been to dip them in batter and deep fry for 15 mins. However, your shopping list didn't mention the packet of batter mix so had to suggest a much more poncey way of cooking them.

Did you choose the Kiwi shushi method, Brit fry till it's dead technique or the Thai cook until crunchy style? Aloi mai.

Of course, the proper, British, way to cook these prime salmon fillets would have been to dip them in batter and deep fry for 15 mins.  However, your shopping list didn't mention the packet of batter mix so had to suggest a much more poncey way of cooking them. 

Did you choose the Kiwi shushi method, Brit fry till it's dead technique or the Thai cook until crunchy style? Aloi mai.

It was lovely and I am stuffed.

It is turning dark outside and I am sitting in my friend's study drinking chilled, cloudy apple juice and listening to CD1 of 'Echoes' - The Best Of Pink Floyd which I brought from a small shop at Heathrow the day before yesterday prior to catching my flight to Aberdeen.

I think today has been my most prolific on ThaiVisa to date.

salmon must either be steamed or baked, preferably with some lemon and fresh dill. Any other preparation is a crime against fish and a heinous breech of culinary standards everywhere...

you can get them cheap bamboo steamers most everywhere in BKK as one presumes that one does not have an oven available in inexpensive accommodation...

Nail to a green cedar plank which is pushed in to the ground about 1/2 metre from a large alderwood fire. You can carefully rub with dry herbs first if you like but not necessary if its fresh wild salmon.

Edited by chownah

Another way to do salmon is believe it or not.... in the dishwasher.

As above you gotta wrap it up well in tinfoil plus some erbs..(cant find the commas -Secon Square)maybe a little white vin de pays and bung the whole thing in a the top of the old dishwasher.

Because the steam is super heated it does the fish to a tee..beautiful...and you get the dishes clean in advance of eating the thing. :o

As above you gotta wrap it up well in tinfoil plus some erbs..(cant find the commas -Secon Square)maybe a little white vin de pays and bung the whole thing in a the top of the old dishwasher.

Because the steam is super heated it does the fish to a tee..beautiful...and you get the dishes clean in advance of eating the thing. :D

I actually know people that do this Rin! The problem with old Scamp, is that he would probably have a hole in the tinfoil and also use copious amounts of washing powder to boot. :o:D

Because the steam is super heated it does the fish to a tee..beautiful...and you get the dishes clean in advance of eating the thing. :D

I actually know people that do this Rin! The problem with old Scamp, is that he would probably have a hole in the tinfoil and also use copious amounts of washing powder to boot. :o:D

and forget to switch the thing ON.... :D