Have A Teaching Job...

I need to try and find a teacher to replace me. All girls Mattayoms 1 and 3.

Tried to do via people I know but not much luck. Last guy was a friend of a friend who turned up smelling like booze and then didn't turn up today.

I am returning to Aust. hence the reason to replace me.

You get paid by the hour 350bht and only need to be there the hours you work.

Need answer asap as school starts Monday.

send email with phone number and any experience to

[email protected]

Carl

My apologies to admin if I can't post jobs. Just don't want a drunk loser taken over from the kids I worked hard to teach. Hey, maybe I drink but at least I don't smell that way at work. All abt priorities.

It would probably save you and everyone else time (because everyone who replies to you is going to ask these questions) if you answer the following:

1. What exactly *are* the hours and days needed? Is this a full-time job but paid hourly, or a largish part-time job?

2. English conversation, or some other subject? It does need asking these days!

3. Does paperwork (visa, WP) come with the job or is this strictly off the books?

"Steven"

Firstly, yes my wife and I and our new born son (Gabriel Jakgrid) will be returning in abt 3-5 years. Going to be running a hotel in outback Australia. The money was too good to refuse. We figure do it tough there for 5 years and come bak here with good money in the bank. Then I can be one of those pain in the arse teachers who don't care about the money. LOL

As for the other bits.

The work is abt 24hours per week. No holidays, wp etc. Didn't bother me as during the holidays I was making good money doing IELTS and SAT.

I was working 2 jobs one being the school the other IELTS and SAT after school. Which paid more adn during the holidays became full-time abt 7 hours a day.

The school teaching is conversational. Up side being all girls which are certainly easier to teach than say mixed or boys.

Just trying to help my boss out but at the end of the day if I can't find someone not really an issue.

Carl

O.k. just spoke to my boss.

Here is the actual low-down.

35,000Bht per month for 24 hours per week. Chance to earn more for evening and week-end work.

3 months probation. Then WP will be provided.

After reading some other threads. Seems reasonable for BKK.

Am leaving next week so if you are umming and arhing. Better let me know quick.

Good school with a good rep to boot.

Carl

Well, not being a school and just trying to do the right thing for the kids I taught could be a reason.

I actaully, went to say goodbye to them all today. In someways I really do wish I was going to stay. I'm not though and I will miss them. It was a great 50minutes with them. Wasn't a lesson but a chance to say bye and surprisingly a chance for them to thank me. It makes teaching worth while with a response like I received.

C