Question About Air Asia Fares

BigRick

I got an email from Airasia about a phenomenal ticket sale. I know sometimes throughout the year they offer really great deals. The question I have is how do you get that price? They list 490bht to many places like Bali and PP but the ticket ends up being 1400+ I may not be a math wiz but they add an extra 800baht in undisclosed fees that you can't find any answer for. I know 1400 is still piss cheap for a one way but why don't they just list the real price instead of wasting the time posting false information.

http://www.airasia.com/th/en/promotion/rr1380811c.page

Then next question who has been to Bali or Delhi?

the ticket price . . . well that is just the start; there are items that cannot be discounted - airport departure taxes etc.

Even when they have had 'free' flights there are still fees.

As an example - 2 weeks ago I bought return tickets for Bkk-Phnom Penh-Bkk at 30 baht each way.

Total cost is 2025 baht for the return trip; they cannot discount on the money that they pass on eg the Thai airport departure tax, the Cambodian US $25 departure tax is included in those add-odd fees.

Still cheap though.

and - this type of advertising is not limited to AA - does any airline advertise all associated costs?

I can't think of one - am signed up for several international airlines newsletters - they'll always show the base ticket price, maybe with a tiny asterisk referring to tinier fine print 'does not include associated fees and surcharges'

Edited by Atmos

Yes I have been to Bali with Air Asia, paid about 5,000 baht return from Bkk

The add ons are the extras you don't know about but of course need like

1. A seat

2. Luggage cabin luggage 7kgs is free

3. Airport Tax

When you work it all out you can then decide if it is worth it

Excellent answers thanks! I want to do Bali also but India is a part of the globe that has a big open spot for me. Does Bali require a visa or is it visa on arrival (Us citizen). I wish it had a place to get a multi entry tourist visa like Phnom Penh then I could go back in October :(.

Comparing Bali to Delhi would be like comparing Phuket to Jakarta. Bali every time mate.

Depends what you are looking for... Jakarta has the best night scene in South-East Asia...

But maybe not -so fully open- during this Ramadan month. cool.gif

Comparing Bali to Delhi would be like comparing Phuket to Jakarta. Bali every time mate.

Depends what you are looking for... Jakarta has the best night scene in South-East Asia...

Lg, you could be right. For me, going from one big polluted city to jakarta is hardly 1st on my list of places to visit, delhi and mumbai would also not make my own list. But I am no party animal like you ;)

Doh Ramadan :( I wonder if that is a buzz kill in Bali or a good time to go? I do not drink so that does not bother me. I just need to pop out of the country to use one of my multis so why not Bali for 3k baht a nice beach weekend :).

They do not list the costs under 1192 only 1192-1430baht if you can see where it lists that it would be great it still seems like a pretty nice deal and I heard that its an amazing place.

Doh Ramadan :( I wonder if that is a buzz kill in Bali or a good time to go? I do not drink so that does not bother me. I just need to pop out of the country to use one of my multis so why not Bali for 3k baht a nice beach weekend :).

They do not list the costs under 1192 only 1192-1430baht if you can see where it lists that it would be great it still seems like a pretty nice deal and I heard that its an amazing place.

Don't worry, you'll not even noticed the fasting month if you are in Bali.

And you are right, flight options that you found are really cheap...

I paid 5k last June with Air Asia for a return ticket to Bali, but not direct because I wanted to stopover in Jakarta.

Anyway, still nearly half the price than a Bkk>Samui flight. cool.gif

Lg, you could be right. For me, going from one big polluted city to jakarta is hardly 1st on my list of places to visit, delhi and mumbai would also not make my own list. But I am no party animal like you ;)

Believe me or not I am not a party animal anymore... Just doing visarun "in style" every three months!

just tried to send a you tube address here and tv forum did not print it - they opened the dam_n thing - that's already there! I was trying to give people a way to email the clip..

soo.....

let me try this --xxxxxxxhttp://www.xxxxxxxyoutube.com/watch?v=HPyl2tOaKxM&NR=1xxxxx and see if maybe this works -simply paste/copy and delete all the x's.

Mate, Bali is mostly Hindu so Ramadan won't be an issue. I was there for 6 days in February for the first time in 10 years and had a great time. It's Visa On Arrival these days, US$25 payable at a kiosk before baggage claim and Immigration. Not like the old days when you'd get 60 days for free! Just checked the passport and the visa sticker, entry and exit stamps take up slightly over half a page.

Lots of ATMs in the baggage claim area so getting hold of Rupiah at a decent xrate won't be a problem and from what I can tell from my bank statements, no Indo equivalent of the THB150 ATM fee. There are a heap of money changers once you get trough Imigrasi, but their rates will make your eyes water and I didn't see even one customer at any of 'em!

Taxi drivers outside the airport were quoting stupid prices to get into town, but I managed to find the official taxi kiosk and got a decent fixed-price fare to my hotel in the Legian area. After that we took meter taxis just about everywhere and they seemed cheap enough, but I was with a hot Indonesian bird so I wasn't really paying attention to how much things cost! She was quite adamant about one thing though, don't use the unlicensed money changers that offer the too good to be true exchange rates, apparently they do some sleight of hand trick to rip you off. So don't ask me any questions about touristy things to do, all I saw was the hotel room and some savagely over-priced nightclubs!

Booking on line cnx sin they automatically put you into a 500 Bht hot seat and book you for 15 Kilos baggage.. You have to work out how to delete these items and get free seating and carry on baggage if you want to get near to their adverts.

That video was very funny. I actually like their service its efficient. I read the flyer wrong anyway Bali is still 8k. 490bht was for Bkk to Bkk (Basically walk on the plane they rev the engines you get off can you blame them have to have one cheap fair in there). I have to cross over a border for my multi so why waste a perfectly good reason to see something new instead of the quick border run. I was thinking Siam Riep but the border is a hassle with too many scams going on. I also gave Laos a thought spending the weekend in Viennetien. Any suggestions from some of you seasoned veterans?

And thanks for the input the funny video and the guy listing out a good plan of action

a joke/satire item here, one more hidden cost of budget airfares?

AirAsia Adds Bt900 Surcharge For Driving Passengers To Plane

27 Jul 2011

AirASiabus-300x225.jpg

BANGKOK — Low-cost airline AirAsia is now charging passengers Bt900 to ride the bus which ferries them between the gate and plane on the tarmac.

Passengers who do not pay the fee will now face a walk a 40-minute walk across the tarmac to board their plane.

Passengers who do not arrive at the plane in time for boarding will forfeit their tickets, according to AirAsia's terms of agreement.

The airline will, however, offer those who miss the flight a one-way bus ride back to the passenger gate for a fee of Bt1,000.

Edited by Atmos

Mate, Bali is mostly Hindu so Ramadan won't be an issue. I was there for 6 days in February for the first time in 10 years and had a great time. It's Visa On Arrival these days, US$25 payable at a kiosk before baggage claim and Immigration. Not like the old days when you'd get 60 days for free! Just checked the passport and the visa sticker, entry and exit stamps take up slightly over half a page.

Lots of ATMs in the baggage claim area so getting hold of Rupiah at a decent xrate won't be a problem and from what I can tell from my bank statements, no Indo equivalent of the THB150 ATM fee. There are a heap of money changers once you get trough Imigrasi, but their rates will make your eyes water and I didn't see even one customer at any of 'em!

Taxi drivers outside the airport were quoting stupid prices to get into town, but I managed to find the official taxi kiosk and got a decent fixed-price fare to my hotel in the Legian area. After that we took meter taxis just about everywhere and they seemed cheap enough, but I was with a hot Indonesian bird so I wasn't really paying attention to how much things cost! She was quite adamant about one thing though, don't use the unlicensed money changers that offer the too good to be true exchange rates, apparently they do some sleight of hand trick to rip you off. So don't ask me any questions about touristy things to do, all I saw was the hotel room and some savagely over-priced nightclubs!

So, can I borrow the Indonesian bird to watch over me when I am in Bali? biggrin.gif

David