Market Village Cinema

kunash

Myself and my wife are back in Hua Hin for a few days R&R, and we went to the cinema at market village today to watch Harry Potter. I knew the film would be in Thai, but i thought there would have been English subtitles, but there wasnt (seeing as Hua Hin is a tourist area, and has a sizeable expat community). Is this normal for Hua Hin? When in Thailand my home is Surin, and while the films are in Thai, in Surin, they always have sub titles.

Hi,

yes it's rather unfortunate that there are hardly any movies shown in English or even with subtitles here.

A while back somebody had organised a petition to give to the cinema but I assume that not much happened as there still don't seem to be many movies with English in any form whatsoever.

I'm afraid the best option is to download online or even buy them from the DVD sellers in the street - or go to Bangkok which has lots of great cinemas. It's a real shame as I used to go to the cinema every week in England and I'm sure lots of the farang that live around here would gladly pay to watch high quality movies in English at the cinema, but they just don't seem to realise that I'm afraid.

Still waiting to be able to download Thor, Transformers, and lots of other summer movies that I've missed at the market village cinema. Boo hoo.

R