Hotel In Saraburi

mca

I've got to spend a couple of nights in Saraburi and am looking for recommendations for a hotel in the town itself. Anywhere decent you folks can recommend? Price not important. Thanks a lot.

If you find one your lucky,its been asked before.No one came up with one, i stayed in the 1 so called best, it was horrid, old tiled floors and full of poorish Thais sleeping 5 to a double room.Stink of Durian was Yuk, Good Luck.Try the Motells nearby first .:jap:

Yeah it's kind of looking that way. No " hidden gems". Seems the choices start at fairly grotty and go downhill from there. :(

I've seen a few of these threads over the years as well, and not much in the way of great places to stay. In my own experience, I spent a few days/week in Saraburi for work back in 2005. "The Residence 2" had just opened at the time. It was nothing special, but clean and 400 baht per night; quiet and a few people mingling in the lobby during breakfast but no funky smells or noises. That was 6 years ago now, so I don't know how it may have changed, but it may be worth a try if you don't mind being out of town a bit, as it's just south of the border with Lopburi. If you take Pahonyotin Road (Highway 1) through town and follow the signs to Lopburi, The Residence 2 will be on your left, about 30 min. north of town and just before you enter Lopburi (there is a PTT station on the opposite side of the road). The hotel itself is about 200m in from the main road & there is a big sign on top of the buildings next to the road where you enter to get to the hotel (the hotel sign is written in Thai).

It's managed by the same company/people who manage The Residence, which is a well-known hotel in Lopburi. So the newer Saraburi hotel is #2.

Not sure how helpful that is...