Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotels - Mid Range

SGD

I need two rooms, one for me and the missus and another for a Thai couple. Basically we're overnighting rather than drive after an incoming flight and we'll likely check in, eat and then sleep.

The important things are not too far from the airport and with some decent food either in the hotel itself or very nearby, like out the front door. I'm expecting a decent bed with a clean room rather than a bug infested bamboo shack.

Half decent TV would be great.

So what are the best 2011 options ?

The 2 hotels I personally used are:

Queen's Garden Resort: approx. 10 minutes from the airport with free shuttle service (at the moment).

Rooms smallish but clean; restaurant available; lively but quiet area; not much airplane noise; wifi available at THB 200 per day., no pool

Convenient Grand Hotel: approx. 15 mins from the airport but also have free shuttle service

Rooms spacious and clean; restaurant available; remote area and quiet; no airplane noise; wifi available free; massage; pool.

Both hotels can be booked through Agoda at approx. 30% of the Novotel rates.

Comparable to the Queen's Garden is Silver Gold Garden hotel: clean, relatively new (about 2 years old), close with complimentary van service to/from airport. Also a Lotus Express store in front. Not sure how late their restaurant is open, in case you are arriving late?

I book via sawadee.com and the rate varies between B750 and B850 per night (per room).