Real Pizza In Phayao!

extexthai

Decided not to put this it the CR restaurants thread, as it is in Phayao and for real! Now mind you, I have never been to Italy, the home of pizza, but I have had plenty of bastardized, American pizza, which I find very tasty...most of the time....and a bunch of fellow Texans have opened up a very nice, wood fired oven pizza place right off the Lake drive in Phayao. In fact it is called Wood Oven Pizza, I believe. It boasts a blue sign and is right off the 1st soi coming from the northern end of the lake drive on the left. If you come past the King Phayao statue and the new science/observatory place, it is the next main left. It is past the BM Pub on the opposite side of the street and I have to tell you, I was sooo impressed. I have had pizza in CR at two places and they can't hold a candle to this. And to be fair, I have not had pizza at all the CR places, but this place is worth the drive and if coming through this way, worth a stop for sure. They only have one size, about 40cm (16") or so and is hand tossed. The cheapest was the three cheese pizza at 200 Baht and goes up from there. They even have real pizza boxes to take it home in. You have to bring in you own beer, however. Now if we could only get a decent hamburger joint....just kidding...or not. ett

2 Italians in Phayao? Looks like I got breakfast, lunch, and dinner set for my next trip there in February. That is the best news I have heard in a long time. Now got to figure out how to use that stupid microwave I bought 2 years ago with directions written in Thailand family has never used it.

2 Italians in Phayao? Looks like I got breakfast, lunch, and dinner set for my next trip there in February. That is the best news I have heard in a long time. Now got to figure out how to use that stupid microwave I bought 2 years ago with directions written in Thailand family has never used it.

A friend has already done a 'taste test' and it passed with flying colours (apparently)...

I will be testing this pizza place on Saturday, so will let you know what I think as well!? 3 cheers for Phayao! LOL ;o)

2 fellow Italians in Phayao? Looks like I got breakfast, lunch, and dinner set for my next trip there in February. That is the best news I have heard in a long time. Now got to figure out how to use that stupid microwave I bought 2 years ago with directions written in Thai. Family has never used it.

2 fellow Italians in Phayao? Looks like I got breakfast, lunch, and dinner set for my next trip there in February. That is the best news I have heard in a long time. Now got to figure out how to use that stupid microwave I bought 2 years ago with directions written in Thai. Family has never used it.

The OP mentioned "fellow Texans", nothing at all about Italians. You think Italians are the only ones capable of making pizza???? Get a life! PP

The OP mentioned "fellow Texans", nothing at all about Italians. You think Italians are the only ones capable of making pizza???? Get a life! PP

Faux pas on my part. I also have lived in Texas for about 15 years and I do not assume everyone there is a "redneck". The "hand tossed" comment made me assume something that is not necessary true.

I do not know where that comment came from-Get a life-I guess you are assuming I do not have one. Thank you for the "kind criticism".

Faux pas on my part. I also have lived in Texas for about 15 years and I do not assume everyone there is a "redneck". The "hand tossed" comment made me assume something that is not necessary true.

I do not know where that comment came from-Get a life-I guess you are assuming I do not have one. Thank you for the "kind criticism".

And I quote...."whatever" PP

Couldn't make it on Saturday in the end, so the wife and I went and tried it out for lunch today - the pizza really is very good! The other half had spaghetti, which wasn't bad either...

The only thing that might let them down, is the opening times? Tuesday - Saturday, 11am - 4pm?!? In my view, that excludes half the population of Phayao in one fell swoop! Had a chat to one of the owners (nice Texan guy) who said they may open for longer in the near future, but I will definitely go back for lunch (or even a takeout) again very soon...!

Couldn't make it on Saturday in the end, so the wife and I went and tried it out for lunch today - the pizza really is very good! The other half had spaghetti, which wasn't bad either...

The only thing that might let them down, is the opening times? Tuesday - Saturday, 11am - 4pm?!? In my view, that excludes half the population of Phayao in one fell swoop! Had a chat to one of the owners (nice Texan guy) who said they may open for longer in the near future, but I will definitely go back for lunch (or even a takeout) again very soon...!

Yes...those hours are not really conducive to maximizing clientele potential. I realize the oven is wood fired, but I sure as heck would stay open a wee bit longer on Fridays and Saturdays, for sure! But it is yummy-doodle, indeed. ett

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the warning, I probably won't bother to make the trip now.

Walking into those type of places brings on my astrapophobia.

B)

Scea, it really is worth the trip, as they don't come preaching at your tables....at least not yet. If they start that, they won't be seeing me again. Until then, the pizza is definitely worth the drive by if you are in the area or heading south. Good pizza is good pizza no matter who is making it. But I do know what you mean. The closest thing to hell fire is the one in the wood fired oven, baking delicious pizza. And don't worry about the thunder and lightning....this is Buddha's part of the world. ett

• 6 months later...

Went to the pizza place and met the nice American woman behind the counter. Ordered a large "meat lovers" to take home and was suprised how good it was considering all ingredients were bought local. No peperoni but had something that tasted like it. Wife's family tried pizza for the 1st time and liked it. Highly recommend and will get another later.

• 4 weeks later...