Be Prepared

Murgatroyd

I think any stay in Thailand should come with full health insurance for yourself and your dependents for the foreseeable future as well as return tickets for yourself and your dependents. If you can't afford that, then maybe it's time to rethink your situation. Always have a backup plan!

I didn't have neither for some time, but I was young(er) and suffered from delusions of immortality::D

The OP's gone!

Probably very busy what with paying off the wife's house, supporting her (and probably her extented family), buying her cars, paying top notch medical bills for her and her family and on top of that...he has his own extensive medical bills to pay!

Yes...the OP will be FAR to busy running backwards and forwards from the ATM to spend any time on TV.

Poor Bugga :(

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think any stay in Thailand should come with full health insurance for yourself and your dependents for the foreseeable future as well as return tickets for yourself and your dependents. If you can't afford that, then maybe it's time to rethink your situation. Always have a backup plan!

I didn't have neither for some time, but I was young(er) and suffered from delusions of immortality::D

The OP's gone!

Probably very busy... what with paying off the wife's house, supporting her (and probably her extented family), buying her cars, paying top notch medical bills for her and her family and on top of that...he has his own extensive medical bills to pay!

Yes...the OP will be FAR to busy running backwards and forwards from the ATM to spend any time on TV.

The OP's gone!

Probably very busy what with paying off the wife's house, supporting her (and probably her extented family), buying her cars, paying top notch medical bills for her and her family and on top of that...he has his own extensive medical bills to pay!

No, I'm not gone... I just find it a bit awkward typing with my left hand, (my right arm is in a sling).

As I've already said, I don't support my wife's extended family, We're not going to buy a car, She is having her Cancer treatment done in the National Cancer Hospital, not a private hospital, and paying the monthly mortgage of 5500 Baht is by far the best option... renting a condo would cost me far more.

Whilst I find your sarcasm mildly amusing I'm not sure you needed to post the same comment three times.

Here is an interesting thread as a point-in-case:

http://www.thaivisa....se-in-thailand/

I apologise to the OP in advance as slightly Off Topic! I dislocated (not fractured) my collarbone last year (depending on Grade can be worse than a fractured collarbone and/or dislocated shoulder)! I feel for your pain/ discomfort, I was fortunate that I dislocated the left, but I am right handed! My ThaiVisa Bronze Health insurance covered (as expected), I had to cover outpatients out of my own pocket.

I'm glad that you're back tombkk, can you please confirm whether you're quoted 1800THB premium for a year (per annum) insurance policy(as we now know that you don't actually have it) is for a Health or Accident policy? If you don't have the details, just say - I don't have the details and apologise for the misleading information.

Do you prey on other peoples misfortunes?

I wish you all the best and continued good luck in the future.

B 60,000 a Month, Gawd mate, live like a king.!!!.I pay B2,500 a month rent -2 storey 3 bedroom house Brand new 2-3 bedroom houses built to approximate Farang standards , rent for a Max. ,B5,000 a month.Love me 'ouse.!!!Medical ? I have used the govt. health care system for 21 years. Never been anywhere near a private "orse piddle"and never will. In February, was diagnosed with Pneumonia AND T.B. + COPD.Spent 6 days in there( total cost ,including ambulance was less than B15,000 . Treatment was excellent. Nurses were wonderful- NOT a dragon amongst them.My G/F stayed with me ,slept on the floor under my bed. Brilliant !!! Looked after me superbly. Much better than Farang hospitals in Farang land. However ,if my treatment was going to cost MORE than a return air fare ,and I was NOT an emergency patient, I would return to Oz as I am an old age pensioner,and therefore get free medical care.But, I must add that the clinics -Which are in nearly every 2nd village and provide FREE treatment for all your odd Simple health problems ,are excellent. And all work to an understanding of what their abilities are. When ,they are out of their depth , you are whisked off to the next level,very quickly, as happened to me. I reckon .that there are many of us living MUCH better than in our home countries AND living ,very happily , on about B30,000 a month. I know ,I am AND that includes supporting a 17year 8 1/2 months preggers + 2 Primary school age kids ( I am not their father)+ the G/F.as well. Somebody on B 60,000 a month -I can only add "charitable donations , accepted with glee"To me !!! Please. B60,000 a month income? ,you will love it here. Unless you live in Pattaya or Phuket.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

goodonya mate!!

fricking amazing ... 6000/month is what? about $25k a year untaxed /no deductions.... 31++ k in real terms...lots of westerners would like to earn that in their home countries methinks ...

if you want to live like a rat ok. 2 kids at international school, 2 decent cars, nice house 8 air/con pool maid gardener and rest be serious you need 500,000 baht a month minimum. Live well lesser school smaller house 2 air/com 1 decent hols a year 1 maid get bye on 200,000 baht a month. 2 kids at decent school 1 car 1 bike small 3 bed house 2 bath no maid no gardener but some help reasonable holiday in Thailand only Trip home every 2-3 years eat out 1-2 times a month youll just ok on about 70-100,000 baht a month. Single no medical bills small studio motorbike only go out 2-3 times a week eat mostly local food no problem 35,000 - 60,000 baht a month. Less than that you can live okish but its mostly just surviving unless you want to live like a thai.

Here is an interesting thread as a point-in-case:

http://www.thaivisa....se-in-thailand/

I apologise to the OP in advance as slightly Off Topic! I dislocated (not fractured) my collarbone last year (depending on Grade can be worse than a fractured collarbone and/or dislocated shoulder)! I feel for your pain/ discomfort, I was fortunate that I dislocated the left, but I am right handed! My ThaiVisa Bronze Health insurance covered (as expected), I had to cover outpatients out of my own pocket.

I'm glad that you're back tombkk, can you please confirm whether you're quoted 1800THB premium for a year (per annum) insurance policy(as we now know that you don't actually have it) is for a Health or Accident policy? If you don't have the details, just say - I don't have the details and apologise for the misleading information.

Do you prey on other peoples misfortunes?

I wish you all the best and continued good luck in the future.

I don't prey on other people's misfortunes and I wonder what your point is.

As for Thai insurances, try to use google. I already mentioned the company that offered this to me a few years ago.

My own insurance is based in Europe and I still wouldn't know why anybody would not cover any insurance. If you insist on your good luck, well then, good luck to you.

I think you just mentioned it to make your point through exaggeration.)

Most of her posts seem to contain some sort of goofy vegetarian propaganda. However, I do not mind it on threads that are actually related to the subject. :ermm:

The OP said he had diabete type 2, vegan diet has been proven to help, and I don't think Fox news would be labelled as vegetarian propangandist

Fox News can be labelled as anything but neutral. They promote vegan diet as well as the pork producers' association in a wink. Maybe that makes them neutral, though.

The point is Fox news is right wing conservative channel reporting on the benefits of vegan diet for diabete 2 and you can hardly accuse them of "goofy vegan propaganda" same goes for Bill Clinton, hardly a vegan propandist

you can hardly accuse them of "goofy vegan propaganda" same goes for Bill Clinton, hardly a vegan propandist

The same can not be said of you. What is this "goofy vegan propaganda" doing on a thread about expenses for Westerners in Thailand? :blink:

Re read the OP : The OP has diabete type 2, a condition that changes his life style greatly and requires heavy medication.This affect his budget as well as its life style. therefore totally in relation to the topic

quote : And this year I was diagnosed as having type 2 Diabetes. Not a killer, but something that required a diet of expensive medication.unquote