I Bought A Chevy Cruze

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is my 1.8L again, but he pushed it hard so you can hear

That's how mine sounds if i floor It going from a toll into oncoming traffic for example. But if I am coasting down the freeway at 120km/h, it sounds like the video i posted of my car. Once it settles on the freeway you can't hear anything

I know. You're going to post and say it's all shit, gutless and loud.

ok we agree, TH Cruze is very quiet in parkinglots at max 3500rpm and max 50kmh :lol: :lol:

Didn't you see the video? I said 80km/h, not 50. 50 MILES PER HOUR, which in the USA is almost the highway speed limit. My video shows how the car is under normal driving conditions. I take it up to 120km/h in the mornings. Same quiet.

I am about to go out. Would you like me to take a video of it going at 120km/h (75mph) on a rough highway? If its still not acceptable i won't bother, but it's good information for others interested in the car.

This is about how a car performs on a daily basis, not at the race track. 75mph is as fast as any normal person would drive on his commute on the highway.

Edited by thaicruze

ok we agree, TH Cruze is very quiet in parkinglots at max 3500rpm and max 50kmh :lol: :lol:

Didn't you see the video? I said 80km/h, not 50. 50 MILES PER HOUR, which in the USA is almost the highway speed limit. My video shows how the car is under normal driving conditions. I take it up to 120km/h in the mornings. Same quiet.

I am about to go out. Would you like me to take a video of it going at 120km/h on a rough highway? If its still not acceptable i won't bother, but it's good information for others interested in the car.

No, No, NO, please no more daewoo vids

I am about to go out. Would you like me to take a video of it going at 120km/h (75mph) on a rough highway? If its still not acceptable i won't bother, but it's good information for others interested in the car.

This is about how a car performs on a daily basis, not at the race track. 75mph is as fast as any normal person would drive on his commute on the highway.

Make it a long trip eh. :lol:

I am about to go out. Would you like me to take a video of it going at 120km/h on a rough highway? If its still not acceptable i won't bother, but it's good information for others interested in the car.

So, confronted with the truth, you back down because you'll look stupid.

I think we have enough for people to judge for themselves how quiet it was going at 80km/h. We have video proof here, no need for you to comment on the car.

I don't want to hear anymore about your Thai Challenger pick up conversion either, but you guys open a thread about it every other day.

Edited by thaicruze

So, confronted with the truth, you back down because you'll look stupid.

I think we have enough for people to judge for themselves how quiet it was going at 80km/h. We have video proof here, no need for you to comment on the car.

I don't want to hear anymore about your Thai Challenger pick up conversion either, but you guys open a thread about it every other day.

the truth in measuring noise levels, come from side by side tests using several desibel meters at various positions in the vehicle, and separating low frequenzy noise from high frequenzy noise. at least thats how we did it when it was my work.

propagand usually is not very concerned about the truth tho, just to get the message out :rolleyes:

Make it a long trip eh. :lol:

yes, a proper sound test would need various road conditions, so I suggest a trip to Nong Kai and go the Laos/Cambodia route back, and if TH Cruze can make it in 8 hours I will buy him a beer :D

but watch the rearview mirror, as a challenger 7 seat pickup is likely to catch up and leave TH Cruze dusted :lol: :lol:

the truth in measuring noise levels, come from side by side tests using several desibel meters at various positions in the vehicle, and separating low frequenzy noise from high frequenzy noise. at least thats how we did it when it was my work.

propagand usually is not very concerned about the truth tho, just to get the message out :rolleyes:

So now you want me to measure the noise levels with several instruments?

Are you guys for real?

Someone said it was loud. I took a video. I posted it. Then I said "judge for yourselves" and I also said "if you want to know; go drive one".

So now you want me to measure the noise levels with several instruments?

Are you guys for real?

Someone said it was loud. I took a video. I posted it. Then I said "judge for yourselves" and I also said "if you want to know; go drive one".

I know, I have driven two different Cruze. Nose level is on par with competition.

I kinda like the 998k baht car, despite being 80k baht overpriced which Chevy compensates with 0% interest to some buyers, all this until this thread. Now I wont go near a Cruze

Mate you like your car and that is all that is important, you should know that when you start a thread about a car your opinion will get slaughtered by the I know it all section, get out their and enjoy it's not their car it is yours!!!

This must be the best car in Thailand to attract over 600 replies or is it the worst!!! some one make their mind up!!

whats your opinion, does TH Cruze make you want a Cruze?

I have absolutely no idea how good or bad this car is, it looks okay and if the op thinks it is great then it is great!

This must be the best car in Thailand to attract over 600 replies or is it the worst!!! some one make their mind up!!

I have absolutely no idea how good or bad this car is, it looks okay and if the op thinks it is great then it is great!

Wow. A real man enters. Thank you.

That's my opinion exactly.

To he fair, I've been leveled about it until the trolling started. It feels big. Feels solid. Quiet ride (much quieter than the Civic) and the interior feels much more premium than the Civic (or anything Honda). It is better than the Mazda 3 in terms of not using so much plastic and being more roomy inside

As I've said before, the Cruze is very comparable to what you would get with a Focus. I can't comment on the Lancer because I have never been inside of one, but for my tastes, and this is a subjective thing, i like the Cruze's interior styling better. To be fair to the Lancer, I never tested it.

So to my original point, the CRUZE is a contender, so what I said was, if you're out lookin for a new car, my choice would be to test the Lancer, Cruze and the Focus. The set 3 mid size cars out now that are in the same price range.

That was the original point which has been completely lost into I work for Chevy and I am trying to sell Chevys here.

Of the 2 that I drove, The Focus and the Cruze are so close that it would be hard to make a decision. They feel very much alike, but some may say the Focus is more practical and has a sportier feel and they would go for that, but they're very close.

If I hadn't bought this one, i wiuld have waited for the new Focus and bought that one.

Wow. A real man enters. Thank you.

That's my opinion exactly.

To he fair, I've been leveled about it until the trolling started. It feels big. Feels solid. Quiet ride (much quieter than the Civic) and the interior feels much more premium than the Civic (or anything Honda). It is better than the Mazda 3 in terms of not using so much plastic and being more roomy inside

As I've said before, the Cruze is very comparable to what you would get with a Focus. I can't comment on the Lancer because I have never been inside of one, but for my tastes, and this is a subjective thing, i like the Cruze's interior styling better. To be fair to the Lancer, I never tested it.

So to my original point, the CRUZE is a contender, so what I said was, if you're out lookin for a new car, my choice would be to test the Lancer, Cruze and the Focus. The set 3 mid size cars out now that are in the same price range.

That was the original point which has been completely lost into I work for Chevy and I am trying to sell Chevys here.

Of the 2 that I drove, The Focus and the Cruze are so close that it would be hard to make a decision. They feel very much alike, but some may say the Focus is more practical and has a sportier feel and they would go for that, but they're very close.

If I hadn't bought this one, i wiuld have waited for the new Focus and bought that one.

It's not as good as the Nissan March though which I am getting next week, just a joke, enjoy your car because that is all that matters!!

Mate you like your car and that is all that is important, you should know that when you start a thread about a car your opinion will get slaughtered by the I know it all section, get out their and enjoy it's not their car it is yours!!!

Save your tears. The OP has described other cars as being utter crap, like the Civic, which is driven by a number of people here, so if he can be frank about how he feels about other people's cars, why should he or you have a problem when people have something negative to say about his?

I think the Cruze looks ok. Has a nice interior. The engines and the price let it down though. Whereas Toyota and Honda can offer an average package and it will sell here, Chevy has to offer something more than that to stand a chance. That's why the Cruze disappoints me. I want Chevy to be really aggressive about breaking the market here. I want to see some more variation on the roads. Not going to happen anytime soon.

Save your tears. The OP has described other cars as being utter crap, like the Civic, which is driven by a number of people here, so if he can be frank about how he feels about other people's cars, why should he or you have a problem when people have something negative to say about his?

I think the Cruze looks ok. Has a nice interior. The engines and the price let it down though. Whereas Toyota and Honda can offer an average package and it will sell here, Chevy has to offer something more than that to stand a chance. That's why the Cruze disappoints me. I want Chevy to be really aggressive about breaking the market here. I want to see some more variation on the roads. Not going to happen anytime soon.

The Civic is absolute garbage compared to the Cruze because they are the same price. The build quality is so inferior in comparison it's hard to believe they are the same price.

Not sure why the engine is a let down. Much quieter than the Civic one. But, that's your opinion.

I would say for 880,000 it is one of the top cars out now, for over 1 million, I would look elsewhere. I wouldnt get an LTZ. Actually, the LS is about it for me as far as the CRUZE goes, if you want more, I'd look at others. in the 800-900 price range, this is my favorite. 600-700 the new Civic.

Once we get over 1 million, I'd go for a new TAENA with all the extras.

Edited by thaicruze

Not sure why the engine is a let down. Much quieter than the Civic one. But, that's your opinion.

Perhaps when compared to the Civic it isn't so bad, but it's when you look at the engines the overseas markets are getting that it really makes you weep. Well it does me anyway. The 1.4 looks a cracker. As i say, i feel Chevy have to push Honda and Toyota hard. The engines in the Thai Cruze fail to do that. IMO

Once we get over 1 million, I'd go for a new TAENA with all the extras.

Teana is a great car. Done a lot of driving in it. Could drive for days on end.

The New Focus is now in Thailand.

If I were to do it all over again, it would still be a tough choice between the two.

The Focus is 850,000 vs CRUZE at 875,000

Focus Ghia comes with leather - CRUZE LS doesn't.

Focus Ghia has the rain sensor, and auto dimming rear view mirror - CRUZE LS doesn't

Focus Ghia is 2.0 CRUZE LS is 1.8

But then,

Focus Ghia has no ESP, the CRUZE LS comes with ESP

Focus Ghia had no traction control - CRUZE LS has TC

Focus Ghia has a 4 speed transmission while the Cruze LS has a 6 speed transmission

It's like the CRUZE has some things and the Focus has other things.

It is really a tough choice.

Edited by thaicruze

If I were to do it all over again, it would still be a tough choice between the two.

Focus Ghia has the rain sensor, and auto dimming rear view mirror - CRUZE LS doesn't

But then,

Focus Ghia has a 4 speed transmission while the Cruze LS has a 6 speed transmission

Ghia always used to denote top of the range with Ford (excluding sporty versions). Is that still the case, or is there a model above this one?

But then,

Ghia always used to denote top of the range with Ford (excluding sporty versions). Is that still the case, or is there a model above this one?

IMHO Italian Ghia faded decads ago, and all left is woodtrim and leather. Even Granada had a model over Ghia

Sport are often better equipped, not to mention the specs of RS

thaicruze why do you never talk about the huge problem of the cruze? The deceleration? If you remove your foot off the gas at 100kph it takes about 4 sec before it starts jerking down and slowing down really fast instead of coasting. It is even worse at lower speeds. Let's say you have a 400m stretch of road that you can coast on with any normal car at 50-60kph and still run at 35-40kph by the end, with the cruze you'd be at 5kph if you're lucky.