I Bought A Chevy Cruze

Altis however IS the Thailand taxi. It also feels like it inside.

Indeed, although it should be remembered that the Altis most commonly used as a taxi is the LIMO version, which is a special, cheap, no frills affair, sold only for taxi-ing purposes.

Oh come on. They use the new Corolla Altis as taxis.

adrianslew2127532.jpg

This is the one I tried before buying the Cruze. Felt like I was a taxi driver. Only difference was mine wasn't CNG.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally the Non Totyota cars mentioned are used by Hotels or Airlines. I had a new BM7 series Taxi. of Korean Airlines take me to my Hotell. Not as quiet as a Cruze, but what is.:D

Many good cars are quiet in the cabin, my point was this is where the Civic disappoints. The driving and the noise makes the car a cheap City. Not worth a buy IMO.

Generally the Non Totyota cars mentioned are used by Hotels or Airlines. I had a new BM7 series Taxi. of Korean Airlines take me to my Hotell. Not as quiet as a Cruze, but what is.:D

Are you saying that all those Nissan Sunnys and the Lancers were all just special hotel taxis?

:D

Altis however IS the Thailand taxi. It also feels like it inside.

Indeed, although it should be remembered that the Altis most commonly used as a taxi is the LIMO version, which is a special, cheap, no frills affair, sold only for taxi-ing purposes.

Oh come on. They use the new Corolla Altis as taxis.

When exactly did i state they didn't?

Vast majority of Bangkok taxis are the older shape variants, in the LIMO trim. The newer version Altis is indeed becoming more common. The LIMO name seems to have been dropped, but i would be surprised if Toyota is not selling an equivalent no frills version for taxi purposes.

Are you saying that all those Nissan Sunnys and the Lancers were all just special hotel taxis?

:D

Poinless debate,The Cruze is new,and now a threat to the Altis as Taxi Cab , the rest are old minnows or owner drivers choise.. Chevy dont do a Base Colour Fleet Model as far as i know. Perhaps they do a Fleet Sale Discount to compete.They stand a chance there. But you wont get Wise Thais away from their trusted Brands easily, and insulting them as you have done is uncalled for..

Just coming here to lunch.

3cebb9f1.jpg

BTW, Chevys as taxis are no news. Some companies use Optra. The Cruze replaces the Optra. But no, the Cruze won't become Thailand's Taxi. Just like this Tida I just saw 10 minutes ago won't either.

It's always the guys who hate, the ones who can't afford to get a new car. I think we know who they are

Edited by thaicruze

I've been in a cruze, and i've test drove it, no big deal, kinda ugly really, and what i find ridiculous is the price, what the hell is chevy thinking? I would still buy the altis, by far....

for me a cruze is a civic copy cat... at more money...

and slow! I feel my PJS has more get up and go than this..

good like with that cruze, for me, it's not worth a 2nd look, ugly car

Edited by elrey

I've been in a cruze, and i've test drove it, no big deal, kinda ugly really, and what i find ridiculous is the price, what the hell is chevy thinking? I would still buy the altis, by far....

How would your pajamas have more get up and go??? Like this? :D

post-62652-0-44974600-1314360107_thumb.j

Edited by thaicbr

Now you're just changing.

I don't want to quote again, but I've quoted you guys many times already. You were talking about the "cheaper LTZ". That's what you were talking about originally.

Your reading or your memory, or both, are faulty.

Nobody said anything about "cheaper LTZ". KBB mentioned about the lowest spec LTZ, which you took to mean the LTZ was low spec, but which he meant to mean an LTZ as it comes as standard, from the factory, without any extras. Maybe it wasn't expressed clearly enough, but it was explained many times to clarify, but yet still you bang on about this business of someone claiming you could take options off the LTZ to make it cheaper - a stupid suggestion nobody has ever made.

Cruze 1,8 LTZ is 998k baht, lowest spec with factory leather and 4 airbags. OP has a low spec with one airbag and aftermarket leather

1.8LTZ is low spec?

That sentence made no sense

I will refraze to make even a Cruze owner understand :rolleyes:

If you want 4 airbags and factory leather, LTZ is the lowest spec at 998k. more expensive than competition

High spec Cruze with 10 airbags and HID/xenon lights are not available in Thailand

How would your pajamas have more get up and go?

Don't you find, first thing in the morning, your pajamas have so much get up and go, that they form a pointy shape at the front?

Very often. but strangely not if i've been taking Tiffy for flu B)

Don't you find, first thing in the morning, your pajamas have so much get up and go, that they form a pointy shape at the front?

Really?! I'll make a note of that. Perhaps they should be called Floppy rather than Tiffy?

BTW - are you the one in blue or the one in red?

Really?! I'll make a note of that. Perhaps they should be called Floppy rather than Tiffy?

BTW - are you the one in blue or the one in red?

Hey... I thought that was elfrey and his mate :D:D

Very strange thing, it's like Chevy suddenly remembered how to design a car that doesn't look like crap. That actually looks pretty nice. Even the Captiva has improved, at least on the front where it got some Cruze elements. And surprise, people buy it!

Interesting to hear it's good inside too. Now if they get the quality right then it should be a winner for years to come. Quality being a bit of a sore point for GM cars, at least historically.

One thing to remember is that GM, at least as you knew it, is dead. That GM or General Motors Corporation is now called Motors Liquidation Company.

The GM that made the Cruze and all the other models coming out is General Motors Company, technically a new GM. That's why the cars seem so radically improved. The New GM also killed many brands, including Daewoo. Someone here said the Cruze is just a Daewoo. No. It's a Chevy Cruze. In Australia is a Holden Cruze. Daewoo is one of the many that are no longer living. GM has GM Korea.

They've re-badged it, you fool! They've sold the Cruze in Korea for years under the Daewoo name, it's only quite recently, this year I think, that it got the Cruze name and GM Daewoo got changed to GM Korea. same company with a different name. My wife runs an Aveo, so I've seen this on the parts boxes. The Cruze sold in Thailand isn't 'radically improved' over anything; certainly not when compared with the US Cruze which offers, as standard, 16 air bags, OnStar etc. In fact, the only real development for the range, the Eco-Cruze, which debuted at the the New York Int. Auto show last year, isn't even available in Thailand.

GM are producing new cars like the Volt and Sonic but the Cruze isn't one of them.

Very strange thing, it's like Chevy suddenly remembered how to design a car that doesn't look like crap. That actually looks pretty nice. Even the Captiva has improved, at least on the front where it got some Cruze elements. And surprise, people buy it!

Interesting to hear it's good inside too. Now if they get the quality right then it should be a winner for years to come. Quality being a bit of a sore point for GM cars, at least historically.

One thing to remember is that GM, at least as you knew it, is dead. That GM or General Motors Corporation is now called Motors Liquidation Company.

The GM that made the Cruze and all the other models coming out is General Motors Company, technically a new GM. That's why the cars seem so radically improved. The New GM also killed many brands, including Daewoo. Someone here said the Cruze is just a Daewoo. No. It's a Chevy Cruze. In Australia is a Holden Cruze. Daewoo is one of the many that are no longer living. GM has GM Korea.

They've re-badged it, you fool!

GM are producing new cars like the Volt and Sonic but the Cruze isn't one of them.

Yes. That's what I said. Daewoo is no more. The Cruze has been sold (current model) in Korea as the Lacetti. But the fact remains, Daewoo is currently dead. GM Korea makes and designs many cars. If demand grows for the Volt, where do you think they will build it? And where do you think the batteries for the Volt come from?

Also, you show your ignorance by saying the Chevy Cruze is NOT one of the "new vehicles produced by the new GM" but that the Volt is.

Let me educate you. GM new models, present and upcoming models (that means models that aren't out yet such as the Orlando, new Malibu, etc) are all based on their new Platform which at the NEW GM is called "DELTAII", also known as Global Compact Vehicle Architecture. It replaces the old T and J platforms.

Cars produced by GM under the NEW Delta II platform are

Chevrolet Cruze

Opel Astra

Buick Excelle XT/GT

Chevrolet Volt

Chevrolet Orlando

Buick Verano

Opel Ampera

Opel Zafira

Among others.

To say the only real Chevy is the one built in the USA is ridiculous. Very few things nowadays are built in the USA. The Chevy Cruze is also built in the USA. It's the same car. Nobody here implied it was somehow a better car, but it's the same one sans the 10 airbags. Name me 1 car in Thailand that comes with 10 airbags.

When someone in the USA walks into a Chevy dealer and buys a Colorado, where do you think that Colorado was built?

GM is a global company. They build cars all over the world. The cars are the same (structurally the same car), but they do tweak them to fit the market. The Cruze in Australia for example has a stuffer suspension. In Thailand, like the Civic, it comes with 4 airbags and it doesn't have the option of a 1.4L turbo, but the car itself, whether it's built in the USA, or Thailand, Korea or Brazil or Russia or India or China, is the same car.

Edited by thaicruze

I read about the Cruze release in America about 15 Months before it appears here. Interesting thinks i. Fully Loaded, errm not a bad price. Then its appears here made with cheap labor and in a Poverty Model Guise at Top Range price with most of the Engine options not available, and all the Gizmo's left off. Buy a Proton,and its the same as the Malaysian Model. As with all others Asian Imports, Kia etc

Is that you and your "son"? PJS pajero sport..

your photos you keep on your computer, well, might be best kept to yourself there... pretty disgusting for most of us

Edited by elrey

your photos you keep on your computer, well, might be best kept to yourself there... pretty disgusting for most of us

hahahahaha.......That was actually on the 1st page of a google picture search....Good that you can take a joke..........not :whistling:

Talking about someones family? That's OTT...

Edited by WarpSpeed

Here we go... This is how people catch themselves and try to change what they said. This is what was said

Cruze 1,8 LTZ is 998k baht, lowest spec with factory leather and 4 airbags. OP has a low spec with one airbag and aftermarket leather

There you go. You and your buddy talking about a "Low Spec LTZ" WITHOUT any extras? :rolleyes: Jesus.

Let me see if I can help here.. What KataBeachBum was actually saying is:

The LTZ is the lowest spec that comes with factory leather and airbags, and it costs an incredibly expensive 998K Baht just to get these options.

I concur too - it's simply way too much to pay for only a 1.8L with these features, for example:

Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8 E with leather and dual airbags: 864,000

Mitsubushi Lancer EX 1.8 GLS-Ltd with leather and dual airbags: 879,000

Honda Civic 1.8E with leather and dual airbags: 914,000

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Here we go... This is how people catch themselves and try to change what they said. This is what was said

There you go. You and your buddy talking about a "Low Spec LTZ" WITHOUT any extras? :rolleyes: Jesus.

The LTZ is the lowest spec that comes with factory leather and airbags, and it costs an incredibly expensive 998K Baht just to get these options.

I concur too - it's simply way too much to pay for only a 1.8L with these features, for example:

I remember reading an advert stating the price for Altis Taxi unsprayed. It was substantially lower than the basic one.I wonder what Fleet Buyers are paying for Cruzes now.Honda only offer discount to Avis and suchlike,or Companies buying bulk for reps, but frown on vivid paint jobs for advertising purposes I'm told by Honda..

I remember reading an advert stating the price for Altis Taxi unsprayed. It was substantially lower than the basic one.I wonder what Fleet Buyers are paying for Cruzes now.Honda only offer discount to Avis and suchlike,or Companies buying bulk for reps, but frown on vivid paint jobs for advertising purposes I'm told by Honda..

Chev seem to try to obtain stickerprice, but offer zero down and 48 months zero interest, to get rid of the old 1,8 engines in stock. Wonder if they will ever be able to move up again in price for Cruze

Honda has a world policy to fleet for rentals and company cars only. No taxis, no police (any more, they used to supply TH HWP), no security/patrol.

but these 3 other cars do not have any safety features for the 101,1million% of thai drivers who NEED them.

They also lack the no key startup/auto rain sensor/auto lights(so usefull since thais are unable to open them by themselves before its midnight) and many other small features.

Also dont forget the LT which is cheaper has dual airbags and no leather(a plus in sweaty thailand) and amazing climate control

and no leather(a plus in sweaty thailand)

Leather might get hot, but myself, never liked the idea of sweaty bums and backs on cloth.

the only car I have owned here without leather was my 2006 yaris. While leather can easily be swept off and cools down if you r out of the car for 10 seconds, fabric seats remain wet and smells as bad as me after a few months :unsure:

but these 3 other cars do not have any safety features for the 101,1million% of thai drivers who NEED them.

They also lack the no key startup/auto rain sensor/auto lights(so usefull since thais are unable to open them by themselves before its midnight) and many other small features.

Also dont forget the LT which is cheaper has dual airbags and no leather(a plus in sweaty thailand) and amazing climate control

As the Thai's would say "up to you" :)

If you want to spend 134,000 Baht more upfront for ESC and sensor lights/wipers, and are also willing to take an additional 15-20% resale hit when it's time to move on, go for it :D

After 3 years of ownership, a 1.8L Altis E will have cost you around 220K Baht to have owned, a 1.8L LTZ Cruze will have cost you at least 400K Baht to have owned (factoring in used value) - that's almost double, but no way is it double the car.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis