I Bought A Chevy Cruze

Hi,

I have never bought any product directly because of the sales person, but a bad one is enough to put you off. Getting a feeling of not getting looked after is important... anyways, that's off topic.

I test drove the Mitsu 1.8 GLS. Identical price to the Cruize, free insurance etc. but 5 years/150k warranty, leather interior (+25k for the Chevy), keyless entry too... felt a little more sporty inside than the Cruze, but the Chevy did have a more luxurious feel to it as the facia/dash oozes more quality than the Mitsu.

What did the OP think of the Mitsu vs. the Chevy? I still hold a flame for the Civic, but read that it's noisy... shame I have been unable to test drive it.

CHeers

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth, the Cruze gets a pretty rough going-over and and overall negative review in the current Pattaya Trader magazine. The basic theme being it's over-priced for what one gets, the petrol engines are under-powered, tinny and poor-handling ride, and likely poor resale value compared to Japanese and Euro competitors. It does score well in basic safety and powerful air-conditioning.

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, the Cruze gets a pretty rough going-over and and overall negative review in the current Pattaya Trader magazine. The basic theme being it's over-priced for what one gets, the petrol engines are under-powered, tinny and poor-handling ride, and likely poor resale value compared to Japanese and Euro competitors. It does score well in basic safety and powerful air-conditioning.

You've never driven one I guess. Seems to be the going trend on here. The point I made was, I've quoted and cited plenty of professional reviews on the CRUZE where the car gets glowing reviews. The exact opposite of what you just said. How is that possible on the same car?

Basically, you have to drive one and be honest about it and not troll. Anyone who describes the CRUZE as being "tinny" has never been inside of one. The car is solid as a rock. If you talk about tinny, that would be the Civic.

Well. Over a month now and I love the car. We went on a long trip to another province. Ride was smooth, quiet and well, just a really nice car to drive.

As far as the price, as I said, it's the same as the Civic and you get a much higher quality car.

3,000KM now. The car has been a joy to drive.

Edited by thaicruze

The opinion that matters is MINE. It really doesn't matter what JD powers says. As I've posted before, many will contradict everything in JD powers. So, who do you trust? Why do some say it is shit and some say the CRUZE is one of the best I its class and goes on to outsell the Toyota Corolla?

How come such a shit car is the best selling in the USA?

Again, answer is, you go drive one yourself.

Edited by thaicruze

Chevrolet Cruze Remains Best Selling Compact Car in U.S.

DETROIT – For the fourth month in a row, the Chevrolet Cruze is the best-selling compact car in the United States, recording a total of 21,807 sales in August. It is also the fifth-consecutive month of Cruze sales exceeding 20,000 units.

Calendar year to date, Chevrolet has sold a total of 169,427 Cruzes. Due to sustained customer demand, Chevrolet dealers have about a 30-day supply of Cruze sedans, roughly half the industry average.

“The Cruze has been a great success story for Chevrolet,” said Alan Batey, U.S. vice president, Chevrolet Sales and Service. “In less than a year, the Cruze has become one of the most-popular cars on the market, and it is successfully bringing new customers to Chevrolet showrooms.”

The Cruze contributed to Chevrolet’s overall growth in August, when the brand sold a total of 152,779 vehicles, an increase of 16 percent over the same month a year ago. Much of that growth has been fueled by car sales, which increased 22 percent over last August.

It's amazing how people go in droves month after month to buy such a shitty car :D

Amazing.

Edited by thaicruze

The opinion that matters is MINE. It really doesn't matter what JD powers says. As I've posted before, many will contradict everything in JD powers. So, who do you trust?

Between JD Power and you, JD Power, most definitely..

Actually, between a barking dog and you, I'd take the barking dog's opinion first.

The opinion that matters is MINE. It really doesn't matter what JD powers says. As I've posted before, many will contradict everything in JD powers. So, who do you trust?

Actually, between a barking dog and you, I'd take the barking dog's opinion first.

Missing the point again I see.

The opinion that matters to ME is MINE.

The opinion that should matter to you are the opinions of the 140,000 people who have a CRUZE and keep going month after month to get one.

Missing the point again I see.

The opinion that matters to ME is MINE.

The opinion that should matter to you are the opinions of the 140,000 people who have a CRUZE and keep going month after month to get one.

Oh no, you don't get it do you?

Sorry, now I feel a little bad, because I keep working on the assumption you know what you're talking about..

JD Power's quality rankings are derived directly from actual owner feedback. You buy a car, and at three scheduled times after you buy it, JD Power sends you a survey to detail your experiences with the vehicle. Thus, the results I've linked to are the actual voices of the owners speaking. There's simply no way to argue with it, well, at least no logical argument.

You also seem to still be confusing a few things:

1) Most people buys cars based on looks, effective marketing campaigns, or deep discounts, or a combination of all of these. Most buying decisions are not actually based on real-world quality or performance (only perceived).

2) The 1.8L engine that's in the Thai Cruze is a steaming pile of shit compared to the 1.4L engines available in markets where it's actually popular.

Edit: If you go back to the very start of this thread, you'll notice that I was one of the very few people that had something good to say about the Cruze. However, the Cruze models we get in Thailand are comprimised by both poor engine choices and ludicrously high prices. Give us a Cruze with the 1.4L turbo for under 1M Baht (or even better the 1.6L turbo used in the WTCC), and prove that the quality is up to par against the Japanese, and I'll support it wholeheartedly.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

If the numbers of people who buy a car means so much to you, why didn't you trust in all those here in Thailand who have gone out and bought Toyotas and Hondas rather than Chevy?

^

I answered that already.

I'll try again.

I had a great experience with my Honda City. I was a happy Honda user for almost 7 years. The car was cheap and small so we wanted to upgrade to something better, more comfortable and bigger. Our initial plan was to get a Civic. It was the logical upgrade. Then, one day, they brought the Captiva and the CRUZE to a mall we frequent. We checked out the CRUZE and were amazed that it was priced the same as the Civic but the interior and overall quality seemed 100 times superior to the Civic. Civic felt cheap in comparison. But the real test comes from driving them. So, I went on the net to find out what a Chevy CRUZE was.

We took one day and made one appointment at our local Honda for a Civic test drive and one at the Chevy dealer.

After test driving them both, we were sold on the CRUZE. It had the quietest drive, more comfort and the cabin felt light years ahead of the civic. All premium nice solid built materials.

That's how we switched.

^

I answered that already.

I'll try again.

I had a great experience with my Honda City. I was a happy Honda user for almost 7 years. The car was cheap and small so we wanted to upgrade to something better, more comfortable and bigger. Our initial plan was to get a Civic. It was the logical upgrade. Then, one day, they brought the Captiva and the CRUZE to a mall we frequent. We checked out the CRUZE and were amazed that it was priced the same as the Civic but the interior and overall quality seemed 100 times superior to the Civic. Civic felt cheap in comparison. But the real test comes from driving them. So, I went on the net to find out what a Chevy CRUZE was.

We took one day and made one appointment at our local Honda for a Civic test drive and one at the Chevy dealer.

After test driving them both, we were sold on the CRUZE. It had the quietest drive, more comfort and the cabin felt light years ahead of the civic. All premium nice solid built materials.

That's how we switched.

I get all that.

What i don't get is how you can hold up as evidence of it being a good car, the fact that it is best selling in the States. If you believe in sales numbers, logic would suggest, seeing as you are living in Thailand, buying a Honda or a Toyota.

Chevrolet Cruze Remains Best Selling Compact Car in U.S.

DETROIT – For the fourth month in a row, the Chevrolet Cruze is the best-selling compact car in the United States, recording a total of 21,807 sales in August. It is also the fifth-consecutive month of Cruze sales exceeding 20,000 units.

Calendar year to date, Chevrolet has sold a total of 169,427 Cruzes. Due to sustained customer demand, Chevrolet dealers have about a 30-day supply of Cruze sedans, roughly half the industry average.

"The Cruze has been a great success story for Chevrolet," said Alan Batey, U.S. vice president, Chevrolet Sales and Service. "In less than a year, the Cruze has become one of the most-popular cars on the market, and it is successfully bringing new customers to Chevrolet showrooms."

The Cruze contributed to Chevrolet's overall growth in August, when the brand sold a total of 152,779 vehicles, an increase of 16 percent over the same month a year ago. Much of that growth has been fueled by car sales, which increased 22 percent over last August.

It's amazing how people go in droves month after month to buy such a shitty car :D

Amazing.

yeah, its become very obvious americans are broke, so all they can afford to buy is shitty korean dawoos with chev badges

while the Chinese car market is blooming ;)

Dont foreget the price of a Cruze in the States is realistic for a runabout..Just stop bleating on about driving one, i have , its O. K. , but nothing that justifies its hi price here, a Protons is about the same type, not as quiet, but handles far better, and the all round ABS disks realy stop them. After all Protons are Taxis in Malasia , so well proved.

Dont foreget the price of a Cruze in the States is realistic for a runabout..Just stop bleating on about driving one, i have , its O. K. , but nothing that justifies its hi price here, a Protons is about the same type, not as quiet, but handles far better, and the all round ABS disks realy stop them. After all Protons are Taxis in Malasia , so well proved.

Yep its a budget car in UK and still one be avoided by most creditable testers,

from whatcar UK

For The Cruze has a much better cabin than existing Chevrolet buyers will be used to, and it looks pretty funky, too. The bargain-bucket price and warranty package will be tempting

Against The petrol engines are gutless, it's not particularly exciting or comfortable to drive and it's not as practical as a hatchback

What Car? says

2 out of 5 stars

Quite a lot of car for not a lot of cash, but remember – there's a reason why it's so cheap

bargain bucket price whistling.gif not here im afraidblink.gif they rate it 2 stars very poor

Edited by br12stol

You also seem to still be confusing a few things:

1) Most people buys cars based on looks, effective marketing campaigns, or deep discounts, or a combination of all of these. Most buying decisions are not actually based on real-world quality or performance (only perceived).

That's so true, isn't it? I think you've really pinned down why this thread is on it's 24th page - the Cruze could be proven superior to it's peers yet this has little to do sales. The key factor is my wife's decision to buy a Chevy Aveo was that they were so obliging with finance and offered a 0% interest loan. She got the LUX version so it's actually nicer to drive than my base model City, but that's never going to tear Thais away from Honda/Toyota/Nissan.

Sorry but this is a shit thread about a grocery getter. The OP is a salesman, end of story.

Short measure of coke was more interesting. NOTHING in this thread puts the ride above the rest. :rolleyes:

A thread in a forum can't do anything. What puts it above the rest is driving it.

And I am not selling anything, I'm just another teacher in Thailand. I bought it, I like it and you guys can't take it for some reason.

Sorry but this is a shit thread about a grocery getter. The OP is a salesman, end of story.

Short measure of coke was more interesting. NOTHING in this thread puts the ride above the rest. :rolleyes:

A thread in a forum can't do anything. What puts it above the rest is driving it.

And I am not selling anything, I'm just another teacher in Thailand. I bought it, I like it and you guys can't take it for some reason.

Cruze interior looks fine, its when you start driving it you realize it is in TH an overpriced daewoo

I find it amuzing how one low budget yankie teacher in TH trying to talk a Chevy badged daewoo into the sky, actually has achieved the opposite. Seems most dislike Cruze by now ;)

You have bought a grocery getter that you are happy with............GREAT........................ but the thread reads like a sales promotion when the ride is on a par to anything in the price range.

BUY an ASTON and lets talk about it........FOR.......ONE...................PAGE.............PLEASE. :rolleyes:

So you're jealous I have the money to buy a new car and I am happy with it, so you have to come to a thread you have nothing to contribute and troll. Great.

Who's talking about money, not me. Jealous you have bought a Chevy, eeeer No.

I read everything on the motoring forum, OK. Good.

You come across as a big girls blouse who's scraped up the cash to buy a ride....................GREAT........................ BUT, the crap in these many pages beggars belief about a Cruze.

You have run down the main contributors to our forum cos YOU HAVE BOUGHT A CRUZE.

Suggest you drive off into the sunset (and have fun ) and let folk move on, AND NO l don't want to know what you earn, big spender. :lol:

I find it fishey he never has told us of a single Fault. Strange That.!. Even Die Hard Truckie and Tuna Drivers can manage an Honest Whinge now and then. I can find many faults on my ride, but then i should have bought a Snooze.:D .

Fault? It's 6 weeks old. What faults could there be? If you have specific questions about the ride, build quality or whatever just ask. you don't have to take my word for it, I can make a video and post it here and you can judge for yourself.

When people here were saying the CRUZE was loud and kept arguing, I took a video of me driving it so you could hear the sound inside the cabin.

Came back 10 minutes later and the post was removed.

That's how "fair" this forum is.

I will post again since someone said the ride was "tinny" and loud.

Here it is. This is me driving home. Judge for yourself

Edited by thaicruze

I find it fishey he never has told us of a single Fault. Strange That.!. Even Die Hard Truckie and Tuna Drivers can manage an Honest Whinge now and then. I can find many faults on my ride, but then i should have bought a Snooze.:D .

Fault? It's 6 weeks old. What faults could there be? If you have specific questions about the ride, build quality or whatever just ask. you don't have to take my word for it, I can make a video and post it here and you can judge for yourself.

When people here were saying the CRUZE was loud and kept arguing, I took a video of me driving it so you could hear the sound inside the cabin.

max 3500rpm, you r not even within engines powerband. Should be quiet at this parking speed :lol: :lol:

max 3500rpm, you r not even within engines powerband. Should be quiet at this parking speed :lol: :lol:

I see. So now the rpms aren't high enough.

I was driving on a small 1 lane road, and I was doing 50mph. You drive at 50mph inside a parking lot?

If you look at the speedometer, i took it from 20- almost 80km/h. How fast would you like me to take it?

Edited by thaicruze

I see. So now the rpms aren't high enough.

I was driving on a small 1 lane road, and I was doing 50mph. You drive at 50mph inside a parking lot?

If you look at the speedometer, i took it from 20- almost 80km/h. How fast would you like me to take it?

ok we agree, TH Cruze is very quiet in parkinglots at max 3500rpm and max 50kmh :lol: :lol: