Running Traffic Lights

Tonto21

Not sure about your analysis, Tonto.

Today I was heading east on Huay Kaew Rd towards downtown area.

Saw one of those large silver Toyota passenger vans, completely blow through a red light, like 5 seconds after the fact, at Sirimangkalajarn.

The bozo had to swerve bigtime to avoid taking out green light traffic.

When I pulled up alongside the offender in front of KSK, I saw the colorful lettering on the side of the offending van:

Hana Kindergarten School.

Farking fabulous.....:redcard2:

Not sure about your analysis, Tonto.

Today I was heading east on Huay Kaew Rd towards downtown area.

Saw one of those large silver Toyota passenger vans, completely blow through a red light, like 5 seconds after the fact, at Sirimangkalajarn.

The bozo had to swerve bigtime to avoid taking out green light traffic.

When I pulled up alongside the offender in front of KSK, I saw the colorful lettering on the side of the offending van:

Hana Kindergarten School.

Farking fabulous.....:redcard2:

Those kindergarten kids aren't very good drivers.

Well, guess I have to learn how to quote.

Re: my above post

Mr. mcgriffith, may I suggest you to contact (perhaps anonymously) the principal of the said kindergarten either by phone or mail to detail the incident that you had observed. That particular driver may get a warning and hopefully will drive with care in the future.

Edited by muchogra

I have never seen an accident from signal jumping, maybe nobody else has either, so why change?

I've seen 5 or 6 horrific accidents from pickups blowing through a red and decimating a motorbike coming across from probably anticipating the green (mostly teenagers who do this) out of all of them I think just one looked like he was still alive/ moving (this is over a total time period of about 3 years) .

I also saw a 10year old kid mangled and spread up the ring road; obviously dead; but this was not traffic light related.

An inflammatory post and response to it has been removed.

I see jumpers nearly daily on my way to and from work. A few days ago at a 3 way stop light on Hang Dong road I was at the T part of the junction. The lights on the right were red and the green for right turn on the left intersection was on. Two MCs with Caucasians (in case the term farang upsets some) were both stopped along with the rest of the traffic on the right. Well, one decided he didn't need to wait and took off right in the path of a car making a right turn - missed by less than 1 meter. Few seconds later, his friend decided to play catch up and took off. Only positive thing is they were both wearing helmets - at that rate they are probably going to need them.

As for myself, I've not only seen it happen but have first hand experience with a jumper at a major 4 way stop light also on Hang Dong road. Rabbited out from the red light while I was nearly half way through the intersection and T-boned him hard. Fortunately his injuries were not major - he was wearing a helmet and it was clear his head/helmet shattered the windshield.

if you start fining motorbike drivers without a helmet 1000-3000b, you may see a drastic improvement in wearing helmets, if they don't have the cash, confiscate the bike, car drivers a total different ball game, you need cops stationed at all major traffic lights, with a motorbike cop prepared to chase the offender, fine them 10000b, or tow the car away.

will it happen, erm, probably not.

having hust come back from the uk, it gave me the opportunity to do the usual driving comparison, and although the difference is still enormous, i found the uk driving a lot more sloppy, and risk taking than it used to be 5yrs ago.

There are also many new drivers in the UK who come from other countries and bring their traffic behaviour with them. It may have something to do with your observations.

People running Red Lights, Speeding, and Turning Left without Stopping and/or Looking is Increasing. Not Declining.

In Northern Thailand I see numerous vehicles (especially Motorbikes) doing every one of these things daily.

It also seems as if half the drivers on the roads are intoxicated. Weaving in the lanes, Jerky vehicle movements, inability to maintain proper lane positions, variable speeds slow and fast, nearly hitting or hitting other vehicles or objects.

I actually think drivers are better in BKK than in the Countryside.

I have never seen an accident from signal jumping, maybe nobody else has either, so why change?

LJW,

I have and wish that I hadn't.

This CCTV:Thailand Accident@Chiang Mai is very gruesome viewing.

Gladiator

None from light running, except one minor fender bender...

LJW,

I have and wish that I hadn't.

This CCTV:Thailand Accident@Chiang Mai is very gruesome viewing.

Gladiator

None from light running, except one minor fender bender...

:blink: can't write what I really wan't, it would just get deleted.