Audi Garage In North Of Thailand

manjara

I would rather take my Audi to a garage that has some experience of dealing with Audis. Maybe even some equipment or genuine parts!

I'm in the North of Thailand near Phayao and don't want to try and drive the car down to BKK as the brakes are having some problems.

If I give the car to any old garage they will 'have a go' and probably end up doing more damage than good.

Any recommendations welcome!

What model and year is it, if its pre 2000 then letting "somchai the coconut mechanic" (this phrase has been painstakingly stolen from another thread on Thai visa :lol:) take a look really cant hurt because while there are electronics they really arent any more complex than a modern Camry.

You could always get it towed to the garage that normally does the work on it safe in the knowledge its being properly looked after.

Edited because of my horrible spelling.

Edited by Tarric

What model and year is it, if its pre 2000 then letting "somchai the coconut mechanic" (this phrase has been painstakingly stolen from another thread on Thai visa :lol:) take a look really cant hurt because while there are electronics they really arent any more complex than a modern Camry.

You could always get it towed to the garage that normally does the work on it safe in the knowledge its being properly looked after.

It's 2002, A6 2.4.

The electrics have already had several coconut mechanics working their 'magic' on them. They did manage to fix the aircon, and the indicators have been working for more than a couple of years now (after 4 failed attempts to fix).

It's running ok now, which is why I'm reluctant to let them at it again....

It's 2002, A6 2.4.

The electrics have already had several coconut mechanics working their 'magic' on them. They did manage to fix the aircon, and the indicators have been working for more than a couple of years now (after 4 failed attempts to fix).

It's running ok now, which is why I'm reluctant to let them at it again....

I know the feeling I remember them fiddling them around with my mothers 1973 Mercedes, it was good for a laugh until my cousin nearly died when he saw the bill. I'd just get the pro's to take a look even if you have to pay the cost of a tow, if they stuff things up it could cost a whole lot more to fix than it would already.

I've learned the hard way a couple of times your better off letting the pro's do the complicated than let somehow who isnt qualified do it.

It might be a stupid question but are the brake fluid levels okay? if there not you can always top it up pump the brakes and keep going for another 10,000km :)