Elvis Competition

dave2

its obviously on the 12 of august ( the queens birthday ) but where ?

i wouldnt mind going to see what would probably be a majority of thai men kill a few elvis songs

might be fun : ) ... dave2

ps ... do thai ladies sing elvis songs ?

post-42592-0-40103500-1312681642_thumb.j

post-42592-0-20180500-1312681662_thumb.j

It's at Nakorn Kasem restaurant. (Says so on the sign)

According to Facebook, it's here: http://www.facebook....214960125187643

The home of cheesy songs, apparently. :)

On Aom Muang Road, that cluster of new restaurants before you get to Airport Plaza when coming from the river. Suggest you call first.

Also it's 13 August, not 12.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

wow .. wtk

re ... On Aom Muang Road, that cluster of new restaurants before you get to Airport Plaza

thanks for the info your spot on also it is the 13th ... my mistake .. sorry people : (

do you think i can take a friend ?

dave2

post-42592-0-74802500-1312718810_thumb.j

Should be ahoot 'dave2' if they sing anything like the last live band I heard, very funny bastardisation of the lyrics.

They were a cover band, they played well. But they FIU with the vocals, one particular number they did; "Rolling on a River"….Proud Mary! Well it started out ok, till they go to the chorus, it went something like this; "lolling, lolling, lolling on a liver…..lo, lo, lo, lo……….. lo, lo, lo, lo……lolling on a liver"

Sorry I'm not an Elvis fan, I have no problems with his songs or fans………….But please post any Elvis songs you think would give a Thai Elvis the sweats!

How about; "jailhouse Lock" or "Good locking Tonight"……..Anymore?

Edited by Tonto21

Not sure about casually dropping by to watch though. From my understanding of the one main sign it's telling you to reserve tables in advance for 4 ppl/ table at 2,000 B. Not exactly sure if that includes some food or set meal too or not. Might have to read that black sign a little more carefully n see what else I can glean.

wow .. wtk

re ... On Aom Muang Road, that cluster of new restaurants before you get to Airport Plaza

thanks for the info your spot on also it is the 13th ... my mistake .. sorry people : (

do you think i can take a friend ?

dave2

Cost is 2000 a table (4 people) reservations suggested --- it includes the food.

realthaideal and jdinasia

re ... Not sure about casually dropping by to watch though. From my understanding of the one main sign it's telling you to reserve tables in advance for 4 ppl/ table at 2,000 B

bugger ... i thought the 2000 baht was going to be first prize ... not to get in !

thanks for all the info from everyone .... exit from elvis sing s song .. dave2 : (

tonto21.

re ... Should be ahoot 'dave2' if they sing anything like the last live band I heard, very funny bastardisation of the lyrics.

They were a cover band, they played well. But they FIU with the vocals, one particular number they did; "Rolling on a River"….Proud Mary! Well it started out ok, till they go to the chorus, it went something like this; "lolling, lolling, lolling on a liver…..lo, lo, lo, lo……….. lo, lo, lo, lo……lolling on a liver"

thats exactly what i was looking foreward to .. a good laugh / time ohh welll maybe next time : )

regards .. dave2

I went to an Elvis celebration in September about 5 years ago and saw Jirasak - a famous impersonator up from BKK. He and a guy named Wasu seem to be the #1 impersonators in the country. He was in maybe the Imperial Mae Ping Hotel ? Forget where. The show was good and the older Thai folks had a right good time - all the (easy,slow) lyrics lending themselves for everybody to sing along. I don't know any of these other 3 guys, or their impersonator ranking, but am curious. If you've got the money n time to drop, it's a nice different kind of night out.