Term Deposit Rates,,,? The Best ?

mikey88

Only yesterday my wife picked up a flyer in Airport Plaza from Thanachart/Siam City Bank who are offering 7% ,min 10,000 b,fixed for 10 months. Unfortuantly,but to be expected ,the flyer is in Thai so can give no more info here. We plan to check it out as its is way above,I would think,what anyone else is offering.Bangkok Bank did have a 3.25 % offer which has now closed and Kasikorn has something similar I believe. Just have to check around, the goal posts keep moving

Only yesterday my wife picked up a flyer in Airport Plaza from Thanachart/Siam City Bank who are offering 7% ,min 10,000 b,fixed for 10 months. Unfortuantly,but to be expected ,the flyer is in Thai so can give no more info here. We plan to check it out as its is way above,I would think,what anyone else is offering.Bangkok Bank did have a 3.25 % offer which has now closed and Kasikorn has something similar I believe. Just have to check around, the goal posts keep moving

i heard about this offer so i checked it out, found out its not really 7% since the beginning , but 2+% for the first 4 months, 3+% for another 4months, then 7% for months 9to11.

at the end its something like 3+ %, and then you have to take out a 15% tax on the interest you get

in total its for 11 months, but the deal is still interesting

As of Friday as paying money into my UOB account, has many rates best is fixed term 36 months @ 5%, 18 months @ 4.25%

Is that 5% pa or a flat 5%?

Is interest calculated daily,monthly,annually?

I hope you know because bank staff don't!

No idea, at present get 3.19% fixed for 3 years, Interest is paid every 6 months into my savings account, I could also have had 3 monthly or annually interest payments..

Money is sat there for the retirement extensions every year, present contact ends March 2012, total interest is 67,430 baht after the 15% government tax for the 3 years... few years ago had 1 million baht and got paid into saving account just under 8,000 baht per month.

No idea, at present get 3.19% fixed for 3 years, Interest is paid every 6 months into my savings account, I could also have had 3 monthly or annually interest payments..

Money is sat there for the retirement extensions every year, present contact ends March 2012, total interest is 67,430 baht after the 15% government tax for the 3 years... few years ago had 1 million baht and got paid into saving account just under 8,000 baht per month.

I think the first two lines answered the OP's question.......zzzz saai.gif

I think the first two lines answered the OP's question.......zzzz saai.gif

Wonder when YOU are ever going to say something positive? If you cannot contribute anything that makes sense, refrain from posting....... Tiring! Zzzzzzz!

4.1% on two year bonds, starting to look at least a little interesting.

TNB up to 4.45 on two year deposit, I am sure with restictions, and a large deposit

Anyones Thai good enough to work out the best rates for foreign currency deposit ( BOT site does not have english version)

http://www.bot.or.th/Thai/Statistics/FinancialMarkets/InterestRate/Pages/FeeRate.aspx