What Insurance Is Needed For A Motorbike ?

paulian

I would probably suggest motorbike insurance. If its a red motorbike, be sure to get special red insurance. or if yellow........

Dont get pickup or car insurance as it is much more expensive and you .........have a motorbike.

Make sure you put the insurance in your wifes name and her as sole beneficiary if you are killed in a massive pile up. If you dont have a wife......get one.

did you not get one free with the bike ? you normally do.

If you like, ask for their easy payment plan, where you can pay it off monthly at about 60 baht a month. useful if things are tight at the mo.

oh yes, i nearly forgot.............. get out a bit more. :blink:

There's different levels of insurance depending on what bike you've got and what cover you want.

have a look here http://insurance.tha...-insurance.html

I'm not suggesting you buy your insurance from there, but it will give you an idea of what's required/available

What we call 3rd. party is compulsory .Pay it at the same time as you pay your Registration.To the Land transport dept, in your local area. If you want to insure the bike itself, that is up to you. Plenty of insurance companies around. Just ask in your local town

ok, Thanks Bifftastic that was a big help. Purchased it from a private party and the motorbike shop who I am paying to register it for me at land transport could not answer the questions I had.

I thought I was, there was only the first 'helpful' comment that seemed to ridicule the OP, who now seems to have the information he needs :)

Clearly not you, cheers for being helpful and informative. :)

ok, Thanks Bifftastic that was a big help. Purchased it from a private party and the motorbike shop who I am paying to register it for me at land transport could not answer the questions I had.

can you let me know the cost for the bike shop registering it for you, looking to buy a bike of our 6 months stay to save all the hassle the bike will be around 20,000 baht mark, need it registered and insured for the 6 months any info would be great.

cheers paul

What i usually do is to make the insurance right where i pay tax and get the bike registered in my name in the first instance.

I always request an insurance that covers 3rd party, i think that's their standard insurance.

the cost is less than 200 baht IIRC

Edited by poanoi

What i usually do is to make the insurance right where i pay tax and get the bike registered in my name in the first instance.

I always request an insurance that covers 3rd party, i think that's their standard insurance.

the cost is less than 200 baht IIRC

cheers

can you let me know the cost for the bike shop registering it for you, looking to buy a bike of our 6 months stay to save all the hassle the bike will be around 20,000 baht mark, need it registered and insured for the 6 months any info would be great.

cheers paul

Mityon Honda (and every other brand) across from Pattaya Tucom is registering it for me. The cost was 800 baht and they said to return in three weeks to get the completed paperwork and green book. You need a Certificate of residency from immigration and your passport and a copy of it and a copy of your Visa.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the advise, Punk !

Insurance is mandated just go to a motorbike shop and get some.

who would have thought paulian, eh.................. go to a motorbike shop and get some.

kinda obvious now when you think about it, Punk. :rolleyes:

Gee, going back over my posts, I never realized who you were ! Your the jerk that made fun of me on what was like my first post months ago after I had asked a logical question about motorbike Insurance. and... to think I've posted to a number of your topics trying to help you and giving my advise after you smart mouthed a new member you never even knew. Guess if it's doesn't pertain to your family or 11 year old kid or your visiting friends, everyone else can go to hell. Just me, me, me, me,me,me ,me .......

Thanks for the advise, Punk !

Insurance is mandated just go to a motorbike shop and get some.

who would have thought paulian, eh.................. go to a motorbike shop and get some.

kinda obvious now when you think about it, Punk. :rolleyes:

The OP asked a perfectly reasonable question. You chose to ridicule him. It's kind of (what's this "kinda", this is an English speaking forum) obvious that you are a <deleted> of the first order.

Silly Silly!

As I understand it, there is the compulsory 'Porabor' 3rd party accidental injury which you must have to tax the bike. Very cheap - ?? 250 Baht?? if a small bike, more if bigger ( ? 750 for a 175 Boss)

Then there is 3rd party damage ( bike etc) for a 175 Boss last year that cost around 2,500 Baht

I've just bought a new PCX, for 1500 Baht I get theft and total loss insurance

Finally there is 'comprehensive' ( 1st class) that was going to cost around 9000 baht for a 175 boss- I declined!

If I'm wrong can someone correct me politely please!

Hope that helps

Edited by msg362