Korn Wants Thaksin To Pay Back Taxes

webfact

Just more Thaksin paranoia by the usual lot . They must really have a wonderful life . I heard Thaksin is responsible for the 1st & 2nd world war . Also for the USA loss of vietnam , Loas & Cambodia . Now who would of thought that ? CRANKS maybe hahahahaha

Your so funny, what about some constructive comment?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ample Rich in the Virgin islands sold over 329 million Shin Corp shares to Pinthongta and Panthongtae at 1 baht each in April 2006,the next business day they sold the lot on the SET to Temasek at 49.25 baht each.

The tax department said as the kids had received the shares at lower than market price they should pay tax on the profit.

Thaksin said he didn't own the shares at Ample Rich which were sold to his kids, (he needed to avoid accusations of assets concealment).

So who would be crazy enough to sell 329 million shares at 1 baht each when they're worth 49.25 baht?!

Anyway, originally the kids testified before the tax court they were not nominees, but were the real owners of the shares- so pay up the tax goes the logic.

But when the Supreme court ruled Thaksin was the real owner of the shares, the kids claimed they should then not be liable to tax. Using that defence, the children are admitting they lied all along.

So I guess they consider it's better to be caught lying than be forced to pay tax on such enormous profits!

Nope. The court ruling was that they were not the owners. Hence, the tax obligations that attached to the sale of shares was not their legal obligation to pay. If there are taxes due, then the owners of the shares must pay those taxes. However, the problem might be that the government had already seized assets from Mr. Thaksin and his ex wife. As such, it might be argued that the amounts owed were already collected. I am not saying that taxes were not due, rather I am pointing out that someone took a gamble on the case and when the case could not be proven, the little house of cards came falling down.

Still having problems with logic? If the tax had already been seized as part of Thaksin's assets, why would the Finance Ministry be seeking to collect it from his children/nominees? You don't get to collect tax twice, and the Tax Court certainly didn't give that as a reason for dismissing the case, they simply transferred the liability to the true owner. If it was the case, don't you think their lawyer might have mentioned it as he applied for dismissal on day one of the trial?

BTW telling porkies in court is called PERJURY, a Shinawatra family trait. A group of persons claiming ownership of assets not their own so as to avoid paying tax is a criminal conspiracy, an apt description of the same family.

I know that you don't like answering questions, but do you consider it right that those charges will never be laid because of political connections?

put the whole family in the jail for lying and stealing, not paying taxes, illegal profits on the SET (speculation and pre knowledge) ? anyone ?

Yes me.......................But you would need more than a jail to rake in the "FAMILY", helpers, aiding and abetting.

Plus all the corrupt Gov,officials, most of the police, what about using Phuket--or Samui, sort of an Alcatraz, as both Islands are corrupt to the core. Sorry for the people living there, didn't really mean it.

It is amazing that so many in this forum has such an obsession with Thaksin and everything related... can't be healthy .. get over your obsession and try to contribute to the society in a positive way instead and no I do not mean have an extra Singha at the bar or where ever you office is .;-)

This thread is all about contributing to society, or rather a certain elite-family's attempts to evade ever contributing, wouldn't you agree ? ;)

Let the Court decide on these matters , the Court should know the facts best and decide according to the Country's law and assuming that both you and I respect the law then that should be the end of the story ... wouldn't you agree ?

Of course, I'm happy to let the courts decide, which of them really owns the shares & should pay the tax, so long as it does get paid eventually. But given DL's willingness to abscond, from other unfavourable verdicts & cases, it really was naive of the tax-man to let go of the assets, wouldn't you agree ?

That money could do a lot to help the poor, if it ever gets paid, that is !

But this particular family seem curiously reluctant to "contribute to society", they stand out even amongst the rest of Thailand's elite & nouveau-riches, and yet cloak themselves as 'Champions of the Poor' ! We are NOT fooled ! :bah:

Korn "wants" ?

Did someone told him he lost the election ?

This guy is so out of touch with the reality,

But the best is to follow :

The (expected) new finance minister might not support the efforts to tax Thaksin and his ex-wife, as he often acted favourably towards politicians in power, Korn added.

ohmy.gif

I'm shocked ! How can he say that ?

Does he have some personal experience to substantiate such a an accusation ?

Maybe your "analysis" is right in the way you see things, but a.) he is the outgoing Financeminister and b.) as a Thai citizen he might very well express concern about these huge amounts of taxes being NOT paid by a favoured politician, especially like the one concerned!

:whistling:

it seems to besomewhat the businessproceedure of this clan to avoid paying taxes, as everyone has to!

:rolleyes:

Korn wants Thaksin to pay back taxes, but he forgot that he had 2 years in term of time when he was the Finance Minister to collect this. The Thai court had made their decision on this case and one wonder why Korn and Abhisit decide to take this issue up one day after leaving office.

Anyway, the confiscated amount from Thaksin was more that the 11 million tax bill and this confiscated amount was the profit made from the sales of Shin Corp to Temasek. So technically, since Thaksin did not profit now from the sales, Korn should suggest that the tax department should collect the tax from the confiscated amount.

As MP now, Korn and Abhisit should take this up in parliament to debate and demand their "wants" as Korn forgot that he is no more in power as a FM and so the "wants" is not for him to decide. If this tax is an issue, if truly is an issue, then former FM Korn should be brought to task for not collecting the tax when he was the FM in charge of this tax issue. In fact Korn was the one to sign document relating to NOT collecting the tax.

Just more Thaksin paranoia by the usual lot . They must really have a wonderful life . I heard Thaksin is responsible for the 1st & 2nd world war . Also for the USA loss of vietnam , Loas & Cambodia . Now who would of thought that ? CRANKS maybe hahahahaha

You mean he's not! Those Thai History book are gonna have to be rewritten

Korn wants Thaksin to pay back taxes, but he forgot that he had 2 years in term of time when he was the Finance Minister to collect this. The Thai court had made their decision on this case and one wonder why Korn and Abhisit decide to take this issue up one day after leaving office.

Anyway, the confiscated amount from Thaksin was more that the 11 million tax bill and this confiscated amount was the profit made from the sales of Shin Corp to Temasek. So technically, since Thaksin did not profit now from the sales, Korn should suggest that the tax department should collect the tax from the confiscated amount.

As MP now, Korn and Abhisit should take this up in parliament to debate and demand their "wants" as Korn forgot that he is no more in power as a FM and so the "wants" is not for him to decide. If this tax is an issue, if truly is an issue, then former FM Korn should be brought to task for not collecting the tax when he was the FM in charge of this tax issue. In fact Korn was the one to sign document relating to NOT collecting the tax.

Rather than repeat myself, I refer you to post #33

Nice to see the Taksinphobics crawl out of the woodwork and have a field day. You deserve it, it was a tough loss in the election. You call it close, but realistically never stood a chance.

Anyway, when will you realize that as vehemently as you try to put your point across that Taksin is evil and bad for the country, nothing will change. Most of us on TV are foreigners who for as hard as we try will never be able to influence any Thai election. The evil you call, the Thai masses see as a hero. You can brag as much as you want about the Dems outstanding achievement while in office, but the Thai's do not see it that way. Accept the country for what it is, you fell in love with the people and the place. What you have seen is the will of the people, accept it and get on with life. Junk that pointy white hood and stop this witch-hunt. Deep down, you know it's not getting you anywhere. Respect the country, respect the people and respect their decision.

What happens to your logic when you look at the facts. The court ruling that Thaksins children did not own the shares and therefore did not owe tax on them was made on December 29th 2010. Korn was FM then. By definition if the children do not own the shares their parents still do. Therefore they owe the tax. As FM it was Korns duty to pursue that tax from the day of the ruling. He did not and this should be seen as a dereliction of duty. I'm open to people explaining where I've gone wrong in that assumption...........

Didnt the tax department try to have the frozen assets or at least some of them transferred to them to cover the outstanding tax under one of the recent short lived governments? But it was resisted by some bureacrats or something. Or maybe Im imagining things.

The old Crispin piece about the deal and the wodge of dosh that Korn gave back to Thaksin as part of it was published around February over this year too iirc.

I doubt any of this is going to be cleared up in black and white ways just as the those who launched a coup which was a somewhat illegal act managed to see their actions whitewashed away. That is the problem for those who want everything decided in court. There is a huge single act that never will be and from which stem all the cases since. Just as everyone seems to agree there will be no drug war cases worth talking about and how Chalerms son can run again at the next election and maybe even win a seat, and how everyone turned a blind eye to the Alpine fiasco over the years and how nobody talks of coup being illegal and even the mainstream PTP dont seem to want to move into who did what in April and May as their red allies want. Reality, and the people know this.

And a lot of the population I meet seem to really want the government, parliament and whoever else to move on and deal with more important issues that affect the country and if that means amnestying everyone i think you'll find the support will be there if it just brings an end to things and allows government to govern, parliament to write, rewrite and pass laws etc. People want reconcilliation, and a lot of ordinary people dont care if someone has a different opinion from them.

And a lot of the population I meet seem to really want the government, parliament and whoever else to move on and deal with more important issues that affect the country and if that means amnestying everyone i think you'll find the support will be there if it just brings an end to things and allows government to govern, parliament to write, rewrite and pass laws etc. People want reconcilliation, and a lot of ordinary people dont care if someone has a different opinion from them.

Amnestying everyone certainly clears the decks and allows for all those of importance who have committed wrong-doing of one sort or another to settle down and stop causing trouble because they need not fret any longer that they will be held accountable for their actions. The country can move on and we can all live happily and forever after.... until the law is broken the next time... and then the next time...

Giving amnesties is like giving ransoms. Once you give them, the precedent is renewed and you are likely going to find more and more people breaking the law and then demanding them, because they know if they threaten, intimidate and cause enough trouble, you will cave in just to restore a bit of peace. Moral of the story: crime does pay.

Amnestying everyone certainly clears the decks and allows for all those of importance who have committed wrong-doing of one sort or another to settle down and stop causing trouble because they need not fret any longer that they will be held accountable for their actions. The country can move on and we can all live happily and forever after.... until the law is broken the next time... and then the next time...

Giving amnesties is like giving ransoms. Once you give them, the precedent is renewed and you are likely going to find more and more people breaking the law and then demanding them, because they know if they threaten, intimidate and cause enough trouble, you will cave in just to restore a bit of peace. Moral of the story: crime does pay.

I agree it is a dangerous precedent. But at this point it really is hard to see an alternative. Right now every charge has been concentrated against those of one side and the discarded past their useful stage yellow shirts. Now the incoming government faces calls form a lot of its supporters to redress that balance and there are certainly a lot of fairly obvious things that could see a rake of the previous government and bureaucracy facing similar charges. I doubt it will all end up with virtually every power player in Thailand in jail. There isnt a good side and a bad side. They are all grey, but one specific side has so far been well protected from being charged while sitting on high horses talking about obeying the law when it was breach of the law that set in motion what brought them to power.

The other thing is that the precedent has already been set when the coup leaders amnestied themselves. And of course with all the other cases I mentioned previously where across the board feeling was no punishment was needed. It becomes either everyone or nobody

Ample Rich in the Virgin islands sold over 329 million Shin Corp shares to Pinthongta and Panthongtae at 1 baht each in April 2006,the next business day they sold the lot on the SET to Temasek at 49.25 baht each.

The tax department said as the kids had received the shares at lower than market price they should pay tax on the profit.

Thaksin said he didn't own the shares at Ample Rich which were sold to his kids, (he needed to avoid accusations of assets concealment).

So who would be crazy enough to sell 329 million shares at 1 baht each when they're worth 49.25 baht?!

Anyway, originally the kids testified before the tax court they were not nominees, but were the real owners of the shares- so pay up the tax goes the logic.

But when the Supreme court ruled Thaksin was the real owner of the shares, the kids claimed they should then not be liable to tax. Using that defence, the children are admitting they lied all along.

So I guess they consider it's better to be caught lying than be forced to pay tax on such enormous profits!

Nope. The court ruling was that they were not the owners. Hence, the tax obligations that attached to the sale of shares was not their legal obligation to pay. If there are taxes due, then the owners of the shares must pay those taxes. However, the problem might be that the government had already seized assets from Mr. Thaksin and his ex wife. As such, it might be argued that the amounts owed were already collected. I am not saying that taxes were not due, rather I am pointing out that someone took a gamble on the case and when the case could not be proven, the little house of cards came falling down.

I have always understood that trading on the Thai sharemarket attracts no capital gains tax. Being the case this call for paying taxes is just sour grapes? Please if I am wrong correct me! Thaksin was convicted on 4 out of 5 counts which in themselves were considered as being minimal. His wife charges on the land deal fell over as it ran out of time.

My understanding was that this exchange was via the stock exchange! If serious why not put capital gains tax on share market trades? Is this where the elite make their serious money in Thailand? But most Thai companies also have military on their boards? So my feeling is that some can make money on the market, but you can't make too much in that you may be seen as a greedy pig?

So these comments on Thaksin owning this or having to pay this or that as tax comes down to hear say or is it just sour grapes from an establishment that could not directly profit in a drink, that in the past they got a drink? from what I have read even the charges against Thaksin were designed by a group who were not lawyers, but political enemies that had also at times entertained the charges in their own lives, they were laying against Thaksin? When you do this and send it too your court the verdict can be controlled.

I agree it is a dangerous precedent. But at this point it really is hard to see an alternative. Right now every charge has been concentrated against those of one side and the discarded past their useful stage yellow shirts. Now the incoming government faces calls form a lot of its supporters to redress that balance and there are certainly a lot of fairly obvious things that could see a rake of the previous government and bureaucracy facing similar charges. I doubt it will all end up with virtually every power player in Thailand in jail. There isnt a good side and a bad side. They are all grey, but one specific side has so far been well protected from being charged while sitting on high horses talking about obeying the law when it was breach of the law that set in motion what brought them to power.

The other thing is that the precedent has already been set when the coup leaders amnestied themselves. And of course with all the other cases I mentioned previously where across the board feeling was no punishment was needed. It becomes either everyone or nobody

I think there are numerous examples on all sides of people or parties escaping justice, and as the main premise of your argument seems to be that this is not the case, and that everything has been stacked against one side and in favour of another, i find your reasoning and conclusions flawed.

I have always understood that trading on the Thai sharemarket attracts no capital gains tax. Being the case this call for paying taxes is just sour grapes? Please if I am wrong correct me! Thaksin was convicted on 4 out of 5 counts which in themselves were considered as being minimal. His wife charges on the land deal fell over as it ran out of time.

My understanding was that this exchange was via the stock exchange! If serious why not put capital gains tax on share market trades? Is this where the elite make their serious money in Thailand? But most Thai companies also have military on their boards? So my feeling is that some can make money on the market, but you can't make too much in that you may be seen as a greedy pig?

So these comments on Thaksin owning this or having to pay this or that as tax comes down to hear say or is it just sour grapes from an establishment that could not directly profit in a drink, that in the past they got a drink? from what I have read even the charges against Thaksin were designed by a group who were not lawyers, but political enemies that had also at times entertained the charges in their own lives, they were laying against Thaksin? When you do this and send it too your court the verdict can be controlled.

The gains made from an illegal transaction may be taxable. His former wife's charges on the Radchada Pisek land deal were not dismissed because of lack of time, but because the court had no authority over her. The court that heard that case was for political office holders and she was not a political office holder. She is still on bail pending appeal of different charges that landed her with a prison term.

Your understanding of the charges against Thaksin are, at best, mistaken. Thaksin still faces many charges upon his return to Thailand, that must first be answered in court (he has to be present.) The assets seizure case ruling (civil) could lead to at least 4 more charges (criminal.)

I think there are numerous examples on all sides of people or parties escaping justice, and as the main premise of your argument seems to be that this is not the case, and that everything has been stacked against one side and in favour of another, i find your reasoning and conclusions flawed.

My reasoning is that

1. The precedent for amnesty has been set.

2. When it suits and all sides are in the power equation are in agreement cases fall in respect of the powerful or never get pursued

3. When there is not agreement bringing cases will be used selectively by those with the power to do so. That has just changed and I have no problem with the new government bringing charges if they can find abuses against any political enemy that they dont like as that is just what was done against them. That is just about balance at this point in time. The people of Thailand are also very aware of this.

4. That considering the horrible divisions in Thailand a reversion to 2 concerning all current and soon to be political cases will be a better alternative and indeed far more likely to happen than mass jailing of every political power player (which Im sure wont happen), and that a return to number 2 would also be preferrable for the likely losers if fighting the whole thing to conclusion where there is a total winner and total loser in which case the loser loses everything.

5. That for a system lets say a justice system to function in any country it has to be accepted by the people as fair and reasonable or at least within the bounds of that. If the people perceive the system is not fair or not being used fairly, that will put the system at considerable risk. Democracy is a social contract in that way

My take on things is based on reality and a hope that nobody is stupid enough to destroy everything by smashing themselves repeatedly into a brick wall

What happens to your logic when you look at the facts. The court ruling that Thaksins children did not own the shares and therefore did not owe tax on them was made on December 29th 2010. Korn was FM then. By definition if the children do not own the shares their parents still do. Therefore they owe the tax. As FM it was Korns duty to pursue that tax from the day of the ruling. He did not and this should be seen as a dereliction of duty. I'm open to people explaining where I've gone wrong in that assumption...........

Where in that post did I defend Korn, or his actions, or inactions. I simply pointed out that the assumption that the tax has already been paid was erroneous. Do you have a problem with that logic, or are you merely throwing up a strawman argument ?

However, Thirachai Phuvanat-naranubala, expected to be the new finance minister, who recently resigned as secretary-general of the Securities and Exchange Commis-sion, might not support the efforts to tax Thaksin and his ex-wife, as he often acted favourably towards politicians in power, Korn added.

What a toady!!

TheWalkingMan

My reasoning is that

1. The precedent for amnesty has been set.

You are arguing that the precedent was the coup in 2006. Strictly speaking, i don't think this was a case of an amnesty being given, more like laws being rewritten to cover people's <deleted>. Of course it amounts to the same thing - people breaking the law and getting away with it - but if we are opening up the discussion to cases of people breaking the law and getting away with it, how exactly do we agree when the precedent was set and by whom? Recent history is littered with such examples, is it not? Perhaps though use of the coup is a convenient one as it can be used to make a strong case for how things have been so harshly stacked against Thaksin and in favour of his opposition, and how giving him a break now is justified and fair, in a way that say for example the case of him escaping punishment for concealing assets can not.

Nice to see the Taksinphobics crawl out of the woodwork and have a field day. You deserve it, it was a tough loss in the election. You call it close, but realistically never stood a chance.

Anyway, when will you realize that as vehemently as you try to put your point across that Taksin is evil and bad for the country, nothing will change. Most of us on TV are foreigners who for as hard as we try will never be able to influence any Thai election. The evil you call, the Thai masses see as a hero. You can brag as much as you want about the Dems outstanding achievement while in office, but the Thai's do not see it that way. Accept the country for what it is, you fell in love with the people and the place. What you have seen is the will of the people, accept it and get on with life. Junk that pointy white hood and stop this witch-hunt. Deep down, you know it's not getting you anywhere. Respect the country, respect the people and respect their decision.

Actually his hero badge cost quite a few dollars, maybe he sees that the back taxes he's avoided balance it all out.

You say hero, I say nastiest most cunning, most lacking in morals manipulator of his fellow countrymen in world history.

Actually his hero badge cost quite a few dollars, maybe he sees that the back taxes he's avoided balance it all out.

You say hero, I say nastiest most cunning, most lacking in morals manipulator of his fellow countrymen in world history.

I read in another post that someone was saying Thaksin was brilliant. Well an evil man can be brilliant too :(

The gains made from an illegal transaction may be taxable. His former wife's charges on the Radchada Pisek land deal were not dismissed because of lack of time, but because the court had no authority over her. The court that heard that case was for political office holders and she was not a political office holder. She is still on bail pending appeal of different charges that landed her with a prison term.

Your understanding of the charges against Thaksin are, at best, mistaken. Thaksin still faces many charges upon his return to Thailand, that must first be answered in court (he has to be present.) The assets seizure case ruling (civil) could lead to at least 4 more charges (criminal.)

But was the sale illegal? Where does this come from? I can't find this reference? The information I read and posted in previous discussions referred Thaksin as having 5 charges and 4 succeeding. His wife deal was described as 'having run out of time'.

Can you list the charges and reference them?

Look I am not having a dig at you but I see all this conspiracy gabble but I don't see where the link is with judicial proceedings that says it to be the case. There are a lot of Chinese whispers on this forum, and again not saying you are a contributor, but point me in the direction and I can easily become a believer.

I know when I originally read about his families accumulation of wealth through the sale of Telco stock, I just saw it as a transaction thru the exchange which does not have any capital gains tax. I just thought brilliant. What has to be proven is otherwise.

Where in that post did I defend Korn, or his actions, or inactions. I simply pointed out that the assumption that the tax has already been paid was erroneous. Do you have a problem with that logic, or are you merely throwing up a strawman argument ?

I didn't accuse you of defending Korn or his (in)actions. Your reply to Max4243's post was "Rather than repeat myself I refer you to post #33".

Having read post #33 you did not address the fact that Korn was FM at the time of the court order and should have pursued the tax situation then - this was how Max4243 put it

As MP now, Korn and Abhisit should take this up in parliament to debate and demand their"wants" as Korn forgot that he is no more in power as a FM and so the "wants" is not for him to decide. If this tax is an issue, if truly is an issue, then formerFM Korn should be brought to task for not collecting the tax when he was the FM in charge of this tax issue. In fact Korn was the one to sign document relating to NOT collecting the tax.

I was pointing out that your post #33 did not cover all of what Max4243 questioned, no strawmen involved or problems with logic.

Amazing how some people never see what is happening.

RedNIvar

Yingluck received 48% of the vote that is a minority.

If you will take a look at the election results you will notice that Yingluck did not receive the majority of the vote. She received 48%. That is a minorityThailand will be governed by a leader representing the minority.

What do you hope to gain by posting false information on a forum used mostly by expats who really can not make a change in how things are done?

As for the Thais calling Thaksin a hero. Well you might want to check the education level of those who call him a hero. It is amazing that any one would call him a hero. They can talk but when asked to show how their life has improved as a result of his actions they are silent.

It is amazing that so many in this forum has such an obsession with Thaksin and everything related... can't be healthy .. get over your obsession and try to contribute to the society in a positive way instead and no I do not mean have an extra Singha at the bar or where ever you office is .;-)

It's like saying (open-eyed) Italians shouldn't be obsessed with Berlusconi and the way he's injecting his gangrene in the whole Italian State and system for personal benefits.

When you see a problem (mostly repeating itself), you have to analyze its causes, the failures and look for solutions. That's a positive contribution, I think.

Otherwise you just have to bow and accept to let that kind of ruler manage your life; and for sure he will, to a growing extend.

Better to react before ordering another Singha turns out to be your only freedom left.

But was the sale illegal? Where does this come from? I can't find this reference? The information I read and posted in previous discussions referred Thaksin as having 5 charges and 4 succeeding. His wife deal was described as 'having run out of time'.

Can you list the charges and reference them?

Look I am not having a dig at you but I see all this conspiracy gabble but I don't see where the link is with judicial proceedings that says it to be the case. There are a lot of Chinese whispers on this forum, and again not saying you are a contributor, but point me in the direction and I can easily become a believer.

I know when I originally read about his families accumulation of wealth through the sale of Telco stock, I just saw it as a transaction thru the exchange which does not have any capital gains tax. I just thought brilliant. What has to be proven is otherwise.

This has been explained so many times it would be impossible to count.

- The land was for sale.

- By Thai law and by long-term cultural precedent, a husband has to give approval for his wife to buy land. And some would say the law on this is controversial / confusing.

- But let's get to the real point and the specific reason why thaksin was found guilty and sentenced to 2 years in prison. (This pertains to a totally different law to the 'husband /wife' stuff).

By the law of Thailand (laws which are totally appropriate and should exist and has been in existence in Thailand for decades, nothing whatever to do with post coup agencies etc etc., all there for a very good reason - good governance. And found in most countries in the world.

The said law states very clearly that prime ministers, members of parliament and their families are prohibited from having transactions with the state. The transaction to buy the land falls very clearly, no ambiguity, under this law.

Thaksin and his wife are both well educated and experienced people and had numerous lawyers etc., on their personal staff at AIS etc., to check things when needed, and they would both have known well that the transaction to buy the land was breaking a specific law. Further the senior ministerial officials who would have been involved also knew well that the transaction was absolutely illegal and for good reason. None of them spoke up - fear is probably an appropriate word. Journalists said nothing because they too were too frightened to speak up or to even ask questions. Thaksins 'press conferences' at this time were pretty much speeches.

Thaksin signing official documents to close the sale, on behalf of the state (nothing to do with the husband/wife stuff) broke a specific and very serious / important law and he knew it.

Worth noting, at the time this all happened, thaksin had clearly taken up a position whereby he believed he was outside of the law.

Surely any country would desire to have leaders who are role models for the young, role models of values and morals, and more, thaksin failed totally in this regard.

Edited by scorecard