Bob'S Bbq Closed

gguy

unlike you noobs, i can remeber when LK didn't exist and soi bowkhao was mostly tin-roofed shacks..... so jog on chaps and leave the opinions to the experts :whistling:

Yeah I understand you are particularly an expert in 300 baht steaks.

Another provocative thread- complete with noobs (what in the wide, wide world of sports are those??), plums, sweeties, poseurs, punters and dull & distant memories of Boi Buakhao's tin-roofed past... all jogging in unison, wowie! Oh, and one more thing: "fookin betroot, egg, pineapple..." on a hamburger?? No, please no. To each their own taste, krap, and live & let live, ok! And, I know it's been said before... but, no self-respecting American (we know burgers, mates!) burger-lover would ever, in their wildest dreams, consider messing up a burger with any of that stuff (sorry, had to tell you)!

B)

post-72929-0-84118900-1313143264_thumb.j

unlike you noobs, i can remeber when LK didn't exist and soi bowkhao was mostly tin-roofed shacks..... so jog on chaps and leave the opinions to the experts :whistling:

Yeah I understand you are particularly an expert in 300 baht steaks.

what do you need to know ? always happy tyo advise the noobs :)

The times I had dined at Bob's, I often was the only customer. Though I thought they were getting good business of some sort since they'd run out of various menu items by the afternoon.

BTW, was Dale the heavy guy with blondish-brown hair?

Oh, and one more thing: "fookin betroot, egg, pineapple..." on a hamburger?? No, please no. To each their own taste, krap, and live & let live, ok! And, I know it's been said before... but, no self-respecting American (we know burgers, mates!) burger-lover would ever, in their wildest dreams, consider messing up a burger with any of that stuff (sorry, had to tell you)!

B)

Yeah you seppo's just love to tell us all you are the experts, reality is you are just amateurs and the proof is in the pudding if you reckon a bun with just a bit of dried out meat in between is the "ultimate" hamburger.

Oh, and one more thing: "fookin betroot, egg, pineapple..." on a hamburger?? No, please no. To each their own taste, krap, and live & let live, ok! And, I know it's been said before... but, no self-respecting American (we know burgers, mates!) burger-lover would ever, in their wildest dreams, consider messing up a burger with any of that stuff (sorry, had to tell you)!

B)

Yeah you seppo's just love to tell us all you are the experts, reality is you are just amateurs and the proof is in the pudding if you reckon a bun with just a bit of dried out meat in between is the "ultimate" hamburger.

While "two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun" may not be the "ultimate" hamburger, it is a whole lot closer than the fookin mess that you describe -- betroot (sic) and pineapple on a hamburger, <deleted>, Richard.

B)

While "two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun" may not be the "ultimate" hamburger, it is a whole lot closer than the fookin mess that you describe -- betroot (sic) and pineapple on a hamburger, <deleted>, Richard.

Its called a Hamburger with the lot, don't knock it till you have tried it.

http://australianfood.about.com/od/meats/r/Hamburger.htm

A few years ago i went to his place on Pattaya Thai for a burger and fries takeaway. When i got it home and unwrapped it the fries consisted of a handful of potato crisps! To be honest i just stared at them and laughed. Needless to say i never went back. Best burger for me is the Aussie burger stall at the corner of Soi Diana and Soi Buakhow. Great quality and huge, enough for two really.

I agree. In May I stayed in Diana Estates and that Aussie place was good. I had a pleasant later in the night cheeseburger and fries there.

The times I had dined at Bob's, I often was the only customer. Though I thought they were getting good business of some sort since they'd run out of various menu items by the afternoon.

BTW, was Dale the heavy guy with blondish-brown hair?

No, Dale was slim guy with classes.

There is bread under there and it certainly is similar to a sandwich. Yes, I have eaten them there. I recall the Canadian variation as implied is related to the addition of bacon. Open faced or not, I think they lead the world in over the top-ness of beef sandwiches. Makes Bob Burger look like a frou frou tapa.

Edited by Jingthing

My american friends had me try the ribs over there once, and the whole thing was drowned in ketchup, ketchup was the only taste there was, never went back.

May i suggest the thai restaurant at the corner of 3rd road & soi chaiapoom for some nice thai ribs (si kong moo tood gatiem) with a spicy sauce instead, and cheaper at that.

There is bread under there and it certainly is similar to a sandwich. Yes, I have eaten them there. I recall the Canadian variation as implied is related to the addition of bacon. Open faced or not, I think they lead the world in over the top-ness of beef sandwiches. Makes Bob Burger look like a frou frou tapa.

Ive no idea what a frou frou tapa is but I reckon a steamy pile of dog turds looks more inviting than that picture posted of the bob's burger.

Edited by Spoonman

I was referring to VPI's comment about LK "booming" and agreeing with your reply.

Stickman has run a few articles about LK Metro in recent months saying how it's the new boom area of Pattaya when it is clearly nothing of the sort...

Thanks for that , I knew you was agreeing but was interested to hear who stickmans new sponcer is.

Or was that tongue in cheek ?

I find LK a boring place . I will be down town Patts tomorrow night so I will take a look again at the empty bars on LK as I drive past :rolleyes:

Good for you. LK Metro is one of the more under development places in Pattaya.

Personally, Slackman is the last one I would ask about anything to do with Thailand.

Yeah you can cruise by Walking Street with the rest of the package tourists, but the businesses that are actually making a sustainable return are elsewhere in Pattaya these days and LK metro is one of them. But then Indian and Russian package tourists would not know.

+1. Went thru LK Metro last night and it was booming, esp. for low season. It's the alternative to Walking Street now. Dying Pattaya blowhards, take note.

May I ask with all due respect for the apparent need for yet another shoot-out about what a Hamburger really is and where it comes from (Hamburg, actually, it is a piece of fried minced beef or pork ("Frikadelle") in a bread bun) to TONE IT DOWN a bit, thanks guys...B)

Off topic and inflammatory post removed from view, if you can not heed moderator Raro's general warning then you will get a holiday to go away and read the rules. Be warned!!

although prostitution is totally against my own personal religous beliefs.... the new owner would probably be better off opening an in/out BJ service opposed to the cut-throat business of a restaurant :jap:

There is no new owner. It went out of business.

although prostitution is totally against my own personal religous beliefs.... the new owner would probably be better off opening an in/out BJ service opposed to the cut-throat business of a restaurant :jap:

There is no new owner. It went out of business.

obviously there will be one in the near future... i am just advising against opening another ill-fated restaurant...

May I ask with all due respect for the apparent need for yet another shoot-out about what a Hamburger really is and where it comes from (Hamburg, actually, it is a piece of fried minced beef or pork ("Frikadelle") in a bread bun) to TONE IT DOWN a bit, thanks guys...B)

Ok, let's put this whole thing to rest...

B)

post-72929-0-46134400-1313407999_thumb.j