A British Embassy Email Address That Answers !

Chivas

Despite emailing 4 addresses including obviously website address the ever delightful British Embassy decline to even respond to basic enquiries despite no bounce back of mail.

Does anyone have an individual email address of a consular employee that actually responds !!

They cant ALL be Thai nationals binning emails rather than admitting and losing face that they cannot understand !

Just a thought.

The regional HQ appears to be in HK. You could try emailing there. Failing that, try a letter to the Editor at HK's South China Morning Post newspaper (I think the address [email protected] - check at the scmp.com website). Generally, any letter published in the SCMP letters pages, get official responses from relevant organizations.

Good Luck

T

Hope like the other poster says you are addressing the email to the HK office, Bangkok no longer do Passports only in Emergency situations.

All info here:

http://ukinhongkong.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/passports/how-to-apply/thailand/

Contact details:

http://ukinhongkong.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/our-consulate-general/contact-us

If you notice the Passport Info line is a UK Number.

I have emailed the Embassy (Bangkok) before about passports and other things and always received a reply.

Edited by beano2274

Hope like the other poster says you are addressing the email to the HK office, Bangkok no longer do Passports only in Emergency situations.

All info here:

http://ukinhongkong.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/passports/how-to-apply/thailand/

Contact details:

http://ukinhongkong.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/our-consulate-general/contact-us

If you notice the Passport Info line is a UK Number.

I have emailed the Embassy (Bangkok) before about passports and other things and always received a reply.

No have not been emailing Hong Kong and why on earth should I !!

At this stage I haven't even mentioned passports (to them) but just trying to establish a consular contact.

If the BE can't even be bothered to respond god help us in an emergency !

Sorry but like I said I have contacted them on many occasions after different things and always received a reply.

Even the woman who does the "Locate" thing, has emailed me because of a problem I had with the system.

Hope the email address ends in fco.gov.uk...I have four email address from staff there, but am not privy to giving them out, including a old teacher colleague who works there. I used the main website to get the main email address then they answered using there FCO email addresses.

You post it is about Passports, so contact HK.

Edited by beano2274

Consular office hours (local time)

Monday-Thursday: 08:00-11:00

Friday: 08:00-11:00

Collections only

Monday-Thursday: 14:00-15:00

Friday: 11:00-12:00

Passport enquiries

Contact our passport information helpline

Visa enquiries

Contact our visa information services

Consular assistance enquiries

Contact our consular office

Email addresses

Consular enquiries: [email protected]

Visa enquiries: [email protected]

Trade enquiries: [email protected]

General enquiries: [email protected]

We will respond to all enquiries at the earliest available opportunity within our 20 working day time limit.

The last bit sums it all up, they have 20 days in which to reply, does this count today as it is a holiday?

Edited by beano2274

Consular office hours (local time)

Monday-Thursday: 08:00-11:00

Friday: 08:00-11:00

Collections only

Monday-Thursday: 14:00-15:00

Friday: 11:00-12:00

Passport enquiries

Contact our passport information helpline

Visa enquiries

Contact our visa information services

Consular assistance enquiries

Contact our consular office

Email addresses

Consular enquiries: [email protected]

Visa enquiries: [email protected]

Trade enquiries: [email protected]

General enquiries: [email protected]

We will respond to all enquiries at the earliest available opportunity within our 20 working day time limit.

The last bit sums it all up, they have 20 days in which to reply, does this count today as it is a holiday?

Ok the 20 day bit might explain ludicrous as it seems.

Been about 8-12 days since 4 emails sent.

If you do find an address that answers, ask them to justify charging GBP50 for certifying a copy of a document, which must take them all of 1 minute to do.

Bet they cant answer that one.

It's no wonder that British yobs assault people and rob them while they are dying. It all trickles down from the top.

those people are absolutely useless. It's a black hole. No contact or meetings for anyone. The system is flooded by so many people, many trying to cheat the system, that they choose to screw us all and make life more difficult than it ever needs to be.

those people are absolutely useless. It's a black hole. No contact or meetings for anyone. The system is flooded by so many people, many trying to cheat the system, that they choose to screw us all and make life more difficult than it ever needs to be.

Rubbish !! I have dealt with them, telephone them, they are very efficent. :rolleyes: