Thailand Superbike Round 6 August20/21

Just a heads up to anyone who fancies trying their hand in thailands superbike race series, the next round being at Thailand Circuit in Nakhon Chaisri District some 60kms west of BKK.

There are classes for 400cc bikes and also a classic bikes class, along with the established Superbike classes 1,2 and 3.

There are usually a few farang faces amongst the competitors including myself so if anyone fancies making a few new track day buddies or have a race for a bit of fun why not try it out next weekend........

Cheers.

Edited by sundaypsychos

Lots of bike practicing yesterda,, the 08 CBR1000rr seems to be the new choice for race bikes but they're were also some nice gixxers and a ripping 08 ZX10 there. can't wait to give SB3 a go on the K5 this weekend...work permitting...lol

Colin

any more info? starting times etc.?

thanks

Schedule should be posted in the next few days. Qualifying on Saturday and races on Sunday, at the last round the races started quite early, I believe around 10-10:30am then the live tv broadcast started at 11am.

ok thanks :D

There was a cbr250 racing in the 250/400 class aswell, that bike was closer to what you might see around bkk rather then the cbr250 that are racing in the moto3 class. There was a ninja 250 practicing on Monday so maybe we might get to see a cbr250 against a ninja 250 in the superbike classic 250/400 class.

ok thanks :D

There was a cbr250 racing in the 250/400 class aswell, that bike was closer to what you might see around bkk rather then the cbr250 that are racing in the moto3 class. There was a ninja 250 practicing on Monday so maybe we might get to see a cbr250 against a ninja 250 in the superbike classic 250/400 class.

Interesting :D

Can somebody post the requirements/specifications of the different bike classifications for each class. I just looked at todays race schedule and apart from the Superbike Class (SB1,2 & 3) not much of it makes sense.

For example I believe there is a race class for the ER6n and similar but can find nothing for them in the practice/race schedules.

I am particularly interested in the R2M Superbike Classic 250/400 Division 1,2 & 3 whatever they are.

Can somebody post the requirements/specifications of the different bike classifications for each class. I just looked at todays race schedule and apart from the Superbike Class (SB1,2 & 3) not much of it makes sense.

For example I believe there is a race class for the ER6n and similar but can find nothing for them in the practice/race schedules.

I am particularly interested in the R2M Superbike Classic 250/400 Division 1,2 & 3 whatever they are.

All rules and regulations are available here:

RULES & REGULATIONS

DOWNLOADS FMSCT Thailand SuperBikes Championship 2011 (R2M & GPI)

FMSCT Moto3 Production Technical Regulation 2011 (Thai)

FMSCT Moto3 Production Technical Regulation 2011 (English)

FMSCT/MSAT Homologation / Sponsor's License / Accessory Manufacturer License

Race Calendars are available here:

http://site.fmsct-live.com/racing.html

Ride On!

T

Thanks for that Tony but I see nothing in there specifically for a twin/triple cylinder 650 class - for ER6n or Triumph. Is that right?

ER6n's are raced in the supernaked 750 class, the next race is Sept 17-18. There are 3 classes 500, 750, 1300, all the classes are in the same race for now because its a new series but trophies are given for 1-2-3 in each division.

And also if anybody knows - what is the class "Superbikes Classic 250/400?

How does a bike qualify as a "Superbike Classic"?

I guess the divisions 1,2 & 3 are determined by lap times??

That one confuses me a little aswell, i believe it says superbike classic because it mostly older vfr400, RS250 that race but this weekends race had a new CBR250 and Ninja250 aswell. Division are determined on laptimes, i believe D3 is 1:40 up, but i'm not sure the cutoff for D2. The D1 winner laptimes which is usually mickey walker on his vfr400 is 1:30-1:32s but he has run 1:29.

And also if anybody knows - what is the class "Superbikes Classic 250/400?

How does a bike qualify as a "Superbike Classic"?

I guess the divisions 1,2 & 3 are determined by lap times??

That one confuses me a little aswell, i believe it says superbike classic because it mostly older vfr400, RS250 that race but this weekends race had a new CBR250 and Ninja250 aswell. Division are determined on laptimes, i believe D3 is 1:40 up, but i'm not sure the cutoff for D2. The D1 winner laptimes which is usually mickey walker on his vfr400 is 1:30-1:32s but he has run 1:29.

Those times would qualify him in the SB2 class. I'd like to see that VFR400 as I have a RVF400 and no way is the bike capable of those times especially with me on it!

nice video col, good to compare the lines of us.

jobo the vf400 is very capable of those times, the top cbr250 runs 1m28s, im sure with one of the top riders it could go even quicker!

the 400/250 class had about 17-18 entries in the combined divisions so would be an awesome class to get into. if you want to check out pictures from that race go to thairidersclub.com and check out the reports from this latest round.

cheers!

nice video col, good to compare the lines of us.

jobo the vf400 is very capable of those times, the top cbr250 runs 1m28s, im sure with one of the top riders it could go even quicker!

the 400/250 class had about 17-18 entries in the combined divisions so would be an awesome class to get into. if you want to check out pictures from that race go to thairidersclub.com and check out the reports from this latest round.

cheers!

Seems as though that site is blocked to non members. Will keep trying. Think I'll come and watch these 250/400's before deciding to get lapped every 4 laps!!!:(

Jobo,

Not sure what your riding experience is but your welcomed to join me anytime I hit the track. If your bike runs good, you just need to learn the lines and don't worry about crashing...lol

The next two rounds are at BIRA which I believe is alot easier to learn then Thailand circuit, one mistake at Thailand circuit can cause you to mess up a couple corners and loss a lot of time.

Jobo,

Not sure what your riding experience is but your welcomed to join me anytime I hit the track. If your bike runs good, you just need to learn the lines and don't worry about crashing...lol

The next two rounds are at BIRA which I believe is alot easier to learn then Thailand circuit, one mistake at Thailand circuit can cause you to mess up a couple corners and loss a lot of time.

Thanks for the offer. Done lots of laps around both Bira and Thailand Circuit but being an old bloke I'm pretty slow. But the problem now is I stuffed my knee in a road crash and not able to get on a bike just yet.

Hoping by November/December.