Contestants In The Miss Thailand World 2011 Beauty Pageant

Lite Beer

I would have to agree about Issan women and they are on display in a beauty pageant of sorts almost every night in Pattaya. I think it is fair to say about 80% if not higher of the dancing ladies in Pattaya are from Issan or in Chiang Mai for that matter but not very attractive in CM.

The Loy Krathong parade in CM has to have one of the best displays of Chinese beauty in Asia. Not really my cup of tea as I prefer Issan ladies but one has to admit they are beautiful Chinese ladies.

Personally after having been married to a couple of beautiful women I am now not into anyone that could be classed above 8 or above on an international scale of beauty for any kind of a long term relationship (more than 45 minutes). Every time I try another beauty for a long term relationship (more than 45 minutes) something bad happens to me. Perhaps it is because I am no longer rich and handsome but even back when I was I got nothing but grief.

I am looking for that Billy Budd type a girl with a tragic flaw. No flaws and I run away. I think that is a reflection on my personal experience and not an inferiority complex. Which is where the Issan ladies come into play. Most of them feel just being from Issan makes them substandard in the looks department especially if they have a darker skin tone. For an example of this odd phenomenon you can search Thai Visa for “my girlfriend is 1/8 Chinese and her family is quite wealthy.”

I really don't know if the Thai people will ever figure this out. Looking at the beauty contests it doesn't seem so.

This is of course not just a Thai phenomenon as many Western countries impose standards of beauty based on certain cultural traits and use those when evaluating those of other ethnicities. Short flat chested girls rarely win the Miss America contest now. Skin color is on the outs as a defining characteristic or nose shape and it is still politically correct to discriminate against shortness or flat chestedness I think. Marilyn Monroe would be considered a bit fat in 2011. So some people make a big deal about how it is silly to like white skinned people but not liking short people is still OK. White Women of course do the same thing in Africa, rarely picking pygmies with no muscular development for long term relationships. Although if they wanted a good husband they might want to reconsider their criteria. Men seem to be more accepting as the Thai dark skinned midget who used to work at Nana got a lot of dates. I took her out once myself and she was a lot of fun as was Ann and her friend who worked on Soi Diana but that's another story.

Thanks, but I'll be waiting for the much anticipated Miss Isaan Pageant.

Gaurantee, there would be a far better selection of natural beauty - not the forced and artificial variety.

Strange thing………….I understand what you’re saying……and agree100%

Of course the Thai judges, judged on Thai’s perception of beauty.

I have to say I'm disappointed. I clicked on this link with high hopes. My wife looks better than any of those girls. These are the BEST that Thailand can find this year?

What happened to this country?

I suppose they'd be OK for a single guy used to fat women in the West, but if you are going to convince me to be unfaithful to my wife you're going to have to do alot better than that.

I have to say I'm disappointed. I clicked on this link with high hopes. My wife looks better than any of those girls. These are the BEST that Thailand can find this year?

I suppose they'd be OK for a single guy used to fat women in the West, but if you are going to convince me to be unfaithful to my wife you're going to have to do alot better than that.

To be fair, you didn't have to say that. You could have bottled that up, and taken it to the grave. If only you had set an example to us all on Thai Visa.

Anyway, I suppose its nice to get a post which highlights the motto - If one can't say anything nice, don't say anything.

(Pots and kettles!)

Thanks again

SC

Thanks, but I'll be waiting for the much anticipated Miss Isaan Pageant.

Gaurantee, there would be a far better selection of natural beauty - not the forced and artificial variety.

Can't dispute that!

17-Beetle-Granny-2222-Edit.jpg

I have to say I'm disappointed. I clicked on this link with high hopes. My wife looks better than any of those girls. year?

Pic please (for us to make non-judgmental comments of course)!

Anybody notice their hair seems rather long?

Yes, it does look as though none of them are shaven.

Don't think it's a 'hairy Mary' thing……..More a no 'camel toe' zone.

A rare trait amongst Thai women, as their areas tend to be more compact and dense.

You mean you could be convinced to stray on your wife by mere physical beauty? Wow. If I was her I would be worried she eventually will get old.

You mean you could be convinced to stray on your wife by mere physical beauty? Wow. If I was her I would be worried she eventually will get old.

Good job, K. Keep them on the straight and narrow.

But maybe he's married to Dorian Gray.

Personally, I thought they all looked a bit like lady-boys, but each to their own...

SC

Personally, I thought they all looked a bit like lady-boys, but each to their own...

SC

Indeed, Cowboy! Not one of those "ladies" is worthy.

Back in the good old days, within the world of international beauty pageantry, the Thai representations were quite stunning - a number of them taking the top prize.

This group....?? How embarrassing.:blink:

SC

Indeed, Cowboy! Not one of those "ladies" is worthy.

Back in the good old days, within the world of international beauty pageantry, the Thai representations were quite stunning - a number of them taking the top prize.

This group....?? How embarrassing.:blink:

I didn't mean it to be taken necessarily negatively