Roi Et

TBWG

I've only been there once, but I guess the German guy who runs the White Elephant is your best contact (failing any replies on here!).

Yes I agree.

White Elephant owners are / were? Poo and Klaus phone 043514778 or mobile 01 0590060.

The business card that I have is a few years old but hopefully still alive.

Good food there too!

There were a few Farang there and some were on this forum but not sure since PB Air stopped flying there.

Roi Et is a pretty little place and I like it there.

I have put some pics and a little info on TV in the past.

Try searching the forum at the top of this page, not sure if it is still there.

Not an expert but happy to help if I can. My wife comes from the general area.

I lived there for 9 years. Moved last year. What do you need for infos?

Hi

Thanks for all replies.

A year or so ago whilst I was waiting for my bus at Mo Chit and I met a british guy from Roi-et. If possible I would now like to contact him.

He was a war veteran of the Afghan war and was employed as a captain for the Indian airline Jet Airways and he lived with his wife and young child in Roi et. You would certainly not mistake this guy as he is rather unique.

Nothing sinister in me wishing to contact him, but as I have just booked a flight to Delhi with his airline for the upcoming F1 GP I feel that if he is a member of this forum he could give me lots of tips!

Thanks again

TBWG :wai:

I've only been there once, but I guess the German guy who runs the White Elephant is your best contact (failing any replies on here!).

Yes I agree.

White Elephant owners are / were? Poo and Klaus phone 043514778 or mobile 01 0590060.

The business card that I have is a few years old but hopefully still alive.

Good food there too!

There were a few Farang there and some were on this forum but not sure since PB Air stopped flying there.

Roi Et is a pretty little place and I like it there.

I have put some pics and a little info on TV in the past.

Try searching the forum at the top of this page, not sure if it is still there.

Not an expert but happy to help if I can. My wife comes from the general area.

Some updated info:

Klaus is still the owner of the White Elephant restaurant / bar.

You can start your search there, alternatively have a look into Tim's bar (by the lake) or ask Mike, the owner of the Happy Man bar / restaurant (very close to the lake too).

There is a small farang community in Roi Et (approx 100-150??) - some of them are members of this forum.

Yeah quite a few farang in RoiEt, I live about 50km south in the countryside, occasionally pop into the city.

1 Oh 1 pizza by the lake always seems to have a few farang hanging out there, good reasonably priced pizza there too, likewise Mike's bar & the White Elephant as mentioned earlier.

Does anyone know if there is an air service to Roi Et? There was talk of a new one on VT last year.

Solar Aviation fly Don Muang to Roi-Et four times per week for a fixed price of 2600bt.

Check their website for dates and times.

Nok Air also fly from Don Mueang to Roi Et every day. The flight leaves Don Mueang at 7:10am and arrives in Roi Et at 8:25am.

Roi Et to Don Mueang: every day at 8:45am, arriving in Bangkok at 10:00am.

http://www.nokair.com