Need Advise

nicgwee

Do any one here have any issue with honda dealers having problems delievering the car (honda city) as in my case recently? I went to a honda dealer in korat to purchase a top model city in mid-end june. Made a deposit of 2000 baht to confirm the order and was advise that the car will arrived in mid-end sep. But now, my gf called and was told there WILL BE no car for us as there wasnt enough stock. the sale staff even got the cheek to say alot of customers are having the same problems and what they can do is to refund us the deposit which i refused. Then she add on that if we pay 10-20k, we might get it a newer honda city with minor changes + central lock ( isnt central lock suppose to be in the package??). I would like to know if anyone here was ever in this kind of situation and what is the alternative way to make them honour their word? Is there a new honda city coming out soon?? Btw, just to know, has anyone got a new honda city recently? what are the freebies included?

Cheers!

NicGwee

City facelift will be out in September.

2 x airbags on all models, will raise the price 10-30k baht depending on yestredays model had airbags.

My GF was serching for a City a month ago, and found one 650k baht car in BKK for august delivery. That was it

agree with wandringstar, report dealer asking for 10-20k baht deposits, or offer them 5k total. I believe Honda as others (Toyota/Mitsu) must fax deposit form to supplier, and guessing a 2k baht deposit does not allow dealer to be in que for supply

2 x airbags on all models, will raise the price 10-30k baht depending on yestredays model had airbags.

My GF was serching for a City a month ago, and found one 650k baht car in BKK for august delivery. That was it

agree with wandringstar, report dealer asking for 10-20k baht deposits, or offer them 5k total. I believe Honda as others (Toyota/Mitsu) must fax deposit form to supplier, and guessing a 2k baht deposit does not allow dealer to be in que for supply

My dealer in Chiang Mai asked for 2000 deposit and I got mine

I retire about September, so my Range Rover Sport has finished the Lease. So that leaves me with the Wifes new Accord, that i enjoy, and Daughters Sportivo that i wouldn't poke with a stick. Ive spoken with the Honda Dealer the Accord came from Re a City.......White with White Leather Interior ,

Big Lenso Chrome look Wheels and full Body Bling Kit. .Ive looked, listened, and dont want to hear Cruze Is better crap, i aggree ,but for a bit of fun to nip round to Lotus, thats my choise. No talk of deposit, just as well, they can stuff deposits , thats my way.Never in My Life have i been asked till i came here.:D.

Don't go on bashing Honda just take your small deposit of 2,000bt and go else where. Also why ask what freebie included if you have already ordered.

May i know are you working for Honda or are any of your relatives in working for them? Does it offend you evening when i am bashing them? Fyi, 2000 bt deposit is what was required by the salesgirl at time of ordering. I offered to put down up to around 25% of the total price, i.e.200k-250k but was rejected by her. she only insisted on 2k as she said it was the standard deposit for ALL customers. So whose fault was it now? Mine? As in freebies, it is for my own reference and to check and compare if i was being shortchanged by this particular shop so as to avoid when i am going for my Accord later.

Btw, if you got nothing to contribute to this post or had this post offended you, i suggest you keep your own comment and skip this post. We could keep this place a better place with less flaming around here. Thanks and cheers.

Weren't people having delays for the BRIO also?

Give the Japanese a break. If you feel you can't trust that dealer, let them refund you the money and go to another dealer. In Thailand, not all dealers are created equal. BEFORE you buy the car, you show for a dealer. At least that's the way I do it in Thailand. Last thing you want here are dealer problems. You can go to a great Honda dealer and have a terrible experience in another.

Don't go on bashing Honda just take your small deposit of 2,000bt and go else where. Also why ask what freebie included if you have already ordered.

May i know are you working for Honda or are any of your relatives in working for them? Does it offend you evening when i am bashing them? Fyi, 2000 bt deposit is what was required by the salesgirl at time of ordering. I offered to put down up to around 25% of the total price, i.e.200k-250k but was rejected by her. she only insisted on 2k as she said it was the standard deposit for ALL customers. So whose fault was it now? Mine? As in freebies, it is for my own reference and to check and compare if i was being shortchanged by this particular shop so as to avoid when i am going for my Accord later.

Btw, if you got nothing to contribute to this post or had this post offended you, i suggest you keep your own comment and skip this post. We could keep this place a better place with less flaming around here. Thanks and cheers.

I cant see what J1 has said to offend.You asked for advise, that is his. Rather abrupt

perhaps , but in context with the O.P.:o

My dealer in Chiang Mai asked for 2000 deposit and I got mine

dont you have a (two) Nissan.

I mentioned Toyota, Honda and Mitsu, as I know they fax the deposit/ booking form to suppliers, to have car delivery confirmed