Ummm, No Thanks, No Rice With That..

ctrunfree

There's a good little cheap and cheerful Thai restaurant just around the corner in Nimmanheiman where I've been getting some nice simple takeaways over the past couple of weeks. Today at lunchtime while waiting for my pad thai to be cooked I noticed the young waitress who was cleaning up the plates scrape the leftover rice back into the rice cooker- AAARRGGHHH.

Won't stop me going there, but I'll be sure to supply my own rice in future!

The horror. :rolleyes:

You sure it was the rice cooker and they weren't saving it for something else (to be sold/used has dog food, etc.)

It would be strange to throw rice in the trash for a restaurant, there is often a use for it.

I wish..it was the same cooker that they were serving the rice from...but I think she did work around the bits that were pre-sauced..

Sorry but you guys really amuse me.

In the past I have had to pay my dues by working behind the scenes in restaurants in the US, Europe and the U.K.. Bloody hard work and the restaurant frequently operates on a shostring budget. In fact this often occurs in more upper-market restaurants as well.

If only you knew what went on behind closed doors.

Not sure if you weould ever eat away from home again.

Bon Appertitie !

Sorry but you guys really amuse me.

In the past I have had to pay my dues by working behind the scenes in restaurants in the US, Europe and the U.K.. Bloody hard work and the restaurant frequently operates on a shostring budget. In fact this often occurs in more upper-market restaurants as well.

If only you knew what went on behind closed doors.

Not sure if you weould ever eat away from home again.

Bon Appertitie !

I'm sure that happens in some establishments, but I haven't seen it happen in broad daylight before..ohmy.gif

The horror. :rolleyes:

You sure it was the rice cooker and they weren't saving it for something else (to be sold/used has dog food, etc.)

It would be strange to throw rice in the trash for a restaurant, there is often a use for it.

I wish..it was the same cooker that they were serving the rice from...but I think she did work around the bits that were pre-sauced..

Waste not. Want not. :D