Where Is Laddaland In Chiang Mai

blakegeee

Saw a Thai scary movie called Laddaland (Ladda Land) and it was apparently "loosely" based on a true story. In any case, the moo baan Laddaland is supposed to be a real abandoned place in Chiang Mai and I thought it would be interesting to check out. Anyone have any idea where it is?

• 3 weeks later...

The Land itself is on the right heading north ,about 1km before the 700 year stadium and just before the lake...This area extending over to 107 was part of a large resort park with a few drownings and deaths.Lakes, housing developments and a golf course have all altered the original landscape there. Later on stories appear about a family murdered in a new development on the border of the long closed Ladda land...There is a Nana park 9 off route 107 (look at Google sat pics roughly parallel to the 700 year stadium) .... that maybe will give you some shivers.Nighttime not recommended as this could be more of a Yabaland now... As stated above the movie is very loosely based on rumors and stories with not much reality to research. .....

There is also an abandoned moobaan off of the Mae Jo Road with huge (what where once) palatial homes on large appx. 500 or more talang wah lots now covered with vines and jungle everywhere. It's a creepy place and I often thought it would be a great place to film a movie or music video. Anyone know what the story with that place is?

There is also an abandoned moobaan off of the Mae Jo Road with huge (what where once) palatial homes on large appx. 500 or more talang wah lots now covered with vines and jungle everywhere. It's a creepy place and I often thought it would be a great place to film a movie or music video. Anyone know what the story with that place is?

Where is this ??

I read in another thread that lakeland was like this, but when I ended up going and finding it, was disappointed to just find it a bit dilapidated, I had visions of Kurtz like crumbling mansions being reclaimed by the jungle (yes I know.. shouldn't eat cheese before bedtime)..

Where is this ??

I read in another thread that lakeland was like this, but when I ended up going and finding it, was disappointed to just find it a bit dilapidated, I had visions of Kurtz like crumbling mansions being reclaimed by the jungle (yes I know.. shouldn't eat cheese before bedtime)..

It's between the road where Meechok Plaza is and the next road further to the North, where left takes you to Mae Rim and right goes to Sansai/Doi Saket. It's a bit difficult to find. About 2 years ago they removed the facade/front gate for the entrance.

Lakeland is not deserted by any means. Like you said it is just run down and there are rumors that it is overrun with snakes.

Where is this ??

It's between the road where Meechok Plaza is and the next road further to the North, where left takes you to Mae Rim and right goes to Sansai/Doi Saket. It's a bit difficult to find. About 2 years ago they removed the facade/front gate for the entrance.

Lakeland is not deserted by any means. Like you said it is just run down and there are rumors that it is overrun with snakes.

Sounds like where I live.:crazy: