What Is The Purpose Of The Green Book Issued To Me ?

paulian

Today my dealership called me and said they have my “Green Book”. So, I went down and picked it up. Every time I try to interpret a common sense law in the LOS, other than my area of expertise which are 187’s, if your familiar with the US Penal code, I am always wrong. It appears to me that the “Green Book” is the title and logic tells me that I should keep a copy of it in my motorbike at all times along with a copy of my registration in case I get stopped and the original in my safe. Where I worked, Motor Vehicle titles are kept in your safe and registration and insurance papers in the motor vehicle. So .... is this the case ? where should the “Green Book” be kept ?

locked up tight and only a copy carried with you.

BTW a reduced image of the page containing your name is ample, no need for a full size copy that will make your wallet fat.

Think of the greenbook (motorcycles) and bluebook (cars/trucks) as the title or pink slip, but it shows every previous owner in it and is physically handed town to each subsequent owner. It's not replaced by DMV at each sale like a title is in the states. Books used to be required to be keep it with the bike/car, but that didn't make much sense as it made it easier for the thief's.

As mentioned, keep it safe and a copy on you or in the bike/car. The tax disk which is the pink paper attached by clear sticker to the windshield of a car or anywhere visible on a bike with the numbers 2554 or 2555 on it would be nearly equivalent to the vehicles registration tags on the rear license plates in the US.

And BTW, 187 is a California penal code section, not US code. The feds do have a code for murder too, it's USC Title 18 sec.1111. It can be used anywhere in the US but usually reserved for murders on federally owned land and maritime territorial jurisdictions. So if your not a cop or lawyer, you must be a hitman?

I keep a copy for local travel but if I'm off to another city, I carry my greenbook, insurance & rego in a weather proof sealed bag.

Garry, not to be nosy, however, what insurance coverage do you carry on your bike ?

Thank for the useful info from all. ScubaBudda, No not a hitman, but not a bad idea. LAPD Homicide, Rampart Div. 15 years.

Cool. Your new nickname is Pacman. lol. Hitman's not far off then. Didn't Rampart guys do Notorious B.I.G.? Did you know Perez and Mack then? 160 convictions overturned. Very different than the boring suburbia where I worked.

Your profile pic looks SWAT. Wait..your in Patts...You're not Sifu are you?

Thank for the useful info from all. ScubaBudda, No not a hitman, but not a bad idea. LAPD Homicide, Rampart Div. 15 years.

Cool. Your new nickname is Pacman. lol. Hitman's not far off then. Didn't Rampart guys do Notorious B.I.G.? Did you know Perez and Mack then? 160 convictions overturned. Very different than the boring suburbia where I worked.

Your profile pic looks SWAT. Wait..your in Patts...You're not Sifu are you?

If you were LAPD sounds like you were West Valley ? I made it through the Feds hit squad and wound up with a promotion when it was all over. Although many of my convictions were kicked, not of my doing just circumstances, most of them were right back in less than a year later. I knew a Gabe Perez, Gangs, No Mack that I remember. I understand the investigation of B.I.G is still on going, inside sources, which I'm not authorized to identify tell me Shaqille O'Neil is a person of interest. Sorry, my profile photo is deceiving. It is me, many years ago in front of the West wing.

I keep a copy for local travel but if I'm off to another city, I carry my greenbook, insurance & rego in a weather proof sealed bag.

Garry, not to be nosy, however, what insurance coverage do you carry on your bike ?

Hi paulian,

No problem, I have 1st class fully comprehensive + CTPL Premium & agreed value on my bike (they inspected the bike first). Through AA Insurance Brokers > 24, 875 baht per year. If I damage the bike myself I pay the first 10,000 baht, they will cover the complete cost of the agreed value of my bike less the 10, 000 baht.

Cheers,

Garry.

Edited by Garry

Hi paulian,

No problem, I have 1st class fully comprehensive + CTPL Premium & agreed value on my bike (they inspected the bike first). Through AA Insurance Brokers > 24, 875 baht per year. If I damage the bike myself I pay the first 10,000 baht, they will cover the complete cost of the agreed value of my bike less the 10, 000 baht.

Cheers,

Garry.

Hi Garry,

Out of curiosity, what bike did you insure for that much?

I just insured my Versys at the same company with all the extras on at a value of 345,000 for 17,000 ish.

must be something really nice!

Hi paulian,

Cheers,

Garry.

Hi Garry,

I just insured my Versys at the same company with all the extras on at a value of 345,000 for 17,000 ish.

if ya look at the picture it will give you an idea :D

Hi Garry,

if ya look at the picture it will give you an idea :D

Was about to say the same thing, but for your viewing pleasure here is better photo of my Mia Noi

DSC00960.jpg

I'm back home tomorrow after several months away working. Looking forward to giving it a blast again on the northern roads. :D

I had Mueng Thai 1st class insurance for my bike, but after I put a claim in for slightly over 600,000b, they have refused to insure me again after my renewal came up, so I have to find new insurance.

Not very sporting of them

Edited by Garry