Wetv Digital

krung

Got WETV digital in today, not what I expected. Got a shed load new channels but only see a couple of English ones. It has a few CCTV channels in English ones in French & Spanish, and the TAN news channels (Thai news in English). Has a few more Thai sports channels which show local football and some new movies channels which seem to be in English. It was 300 baht and you do get to keep your old channels as well. The monthly bill will not change.

OK, so what were you expecting if your monthly charge doesn't increase? Plus, I don't know how their English-language movies are going to improve with digital since it looks like they buy the DVDs in Burma. It's still the best cable TV option in Chiang Mai.

Edited by NancyL

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the promo package in the post today with a line-up of the what? 100 or so new channels that you get with the digital package. I don't see a single channel I would watch on there except for maybe TAN once in a while. Looks like a bunch of crap and not worth the cost of 300 Baht to get the box. Glad the order was never filled and they forgot us.

Anybody have any opinions? Maybe I'm missing something but I don't even see any new movie channels.

Just got the promo package in the post today with a line-up of the what? 100 or so new channels that you get with the digital package. I don't see a single channel I would watch on there except for maybe TAN once in a while. Looks like a bunch of crap and not worth the cost of 300 Baht to get the box. Glad the order was never filled and they forgot us.

Anybody have any opinions? Maybe I'm missing something but I don't even see any new movie channels.

Called into WETV yesterday and was informed that the 60 channels had been augmented to 100 but that the extras were all Thai programmes and therefore hardly of much use to me.

The 300 baht is a form of refundable deposit for the digital box.

If you enjoy watching the Thai channels, sounds as though they are offering a really great deal, given that there's no extra to pay on the monthly subscription. If the deposit is refundable they are virtually "gifting" the extra 40 channels.

BTW I'm uncertain whether this is new or not, but they are accepting 3 monthly, 6 monthly and annual prepayments at smallish savings but it does take the chore out of monthly payments.

I've learned not to rely too heavily on information given to me but I think the above information is correct.

Cheers

I ordered my digital box today, apparently somoeone will be around in about a week. Pay 300 Baht once he's installed it. You get the 60 channels as normal through analogue, then 140 extra as digital.

I'll update on the channels if/when the box arrives.

Called into WETV yesterday and was informed that the 60 channels had been augmented to 100 but that the extras were all Thai programmes and therefore hardly of much use to me.

The 300 baht is a form of refundable deposit for the digital box.

If you enjoy watching the Thai channels, sounds as though they are offering a really great deal, given that there's no extra to pay on the monthly subscription. If the deposit is refundable they are virtually "gifting" the extra 40 channels.

BTW I'm uncertain whether this is new or not, but they are accepting 3 monthly, 6 monthly and annual prepayments at smallish savings but it does take the chore out of monthly payments.

I've learned not to rely too heavily on information given to me but I think the above information is correct.

Cheers

It's 140 + 60 for a total of 200 channels but the 140 new channels are all junk (IMHO). There are dozens of home shopping channels, Thai pop music channels, Thai news channels, the Korean channel, The Jewelry Channel, TAN, some Chinese channels, The Muslim Channel, etc., etc.

Edited by elektrified