Is The Mae Sot Border Closed?

I thought it closed last year when the river bank was altered and has remained closed. The Thai Govt asked for re opening in May but I think nothing happened as yet. You try giving Tak Immigration a ring, sorry dont have the number, but I am sure you can find it on this site. I would look at an alternative border crossing if its your run you are looking at.

I'm in Mae Sot since 2 years. And I'm each few weeks at the border to buy few things.

The border is completely closed. And even mo more rumors about an opening (at least, before its last short opening there were some rumors before). Immigration officers there also don't know anything, but in their opinion it can take years now.

Whenever you have plans to cross Mae Sot border within next half years, you should change your plans to other border checkpoints.

The problem is, they are not in a hurry anymore, as all of them make their profits now different, as Burmese cross the border on tire tubes and even goods are delivered without problems in both directions.

• 2 months later...