Thai Police Suspect They Have Found Bodies Of 169 Missing Red-Shirts

webfact

Thai people this morning had all the info from the Thai non-red media.

And what was the source that the Thai non-red media got it from, that made them run with the type of headline that they did?

The red leaders have pretty much called for an investigation and refused to comment on whether they think it is reds or not.

Of course that is what they are saying. Don't you get it? The red leaders don't need to comment. Their work has been done for them.

The media quoted a police man

Anyway we are talking about police investiagting a load of dead bodies in a mass grave that it seems cant be accounted for. It is kind of more important for it to be investighated than for a bunch of people to go off on a because Amsterdam mentioned it, it must be BS. Where did they come from? Who are they? Why is there to date no papework? There may be an explanation but one thing is for sure the longer one isnt found the dodgier this looks whether reds or not.

And anyone who thinks many Thai people including non reds think that the bodies may well be reds because of what Robert Amsterdam wrote just doesnt get it. If nobody had said a thing and Abhisit announced had found them suspicions would be the same. Previous history on Thai demos over the decades causes that. And because RA said it doesnt make it right or wrong.

I hope the authorities can show that there is a reasonable explanation, and I hope they are not red shirts.

On the Contrary Thaksin and his cronies hopes that they are Red shirts , just to keep the pot boiling before little Sis brings him back to a hero's welcome at the Cobra swamp, welcomed of course by tens of thousands of paid "well wishers" it fairly brings a tear to ones eyes does it not,LOL.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's more, the info we have so far, sketchy as it is, is that the bodies were taken to the wats in April '10, and further mention made that they were in a state bones wrapped in cloth, suggesting they were corpses of people deceased some time prior. From this information, their time of death would have been prior to the red rally last year, so unlikely connected to it. I suggest the speculation of red identity is incorrect from the information given to us. The detail of them being brought from Rayong is the point to which the questions should be aimed at.

Minor correction, according to RobertA's facebook page from yesterday the Abbot said 'August' not 'April' last year. April would be much too early for a good, distracting story ;)

Indeed, according to R.A.'s spin, August would suit his agenda well. I took reference from the MCOT article posted at 12:36 today, in which the reporter claims the temples Abbots said they received the bodies in April.

Thanks for the info, as I don't tend to pay the dispicable man's sites much attention, to be honest. Out of the 2, I know which piece of information I would perceive as more credible: abbots at the temple vs. a spin doctor in the US, and no reason why MCOT reporter may want to claim a false date in their report, vs. every reason why August suits R Amsterdam's agenda/ spin.

My experience of news reporting and things happening in Thailand is that nothing is ever as it seems. I suggest we wait until more facts come out.

One thing it does show: life is cheap in Asia.

at 10 million Baht for every red shirt killed

Life is no longer cheap

what about wait further investigations instead of screaming at this or that?

:jap:

Did you honestly believe in the investigations in Thaksins War on drugs or even the Tak Bai incident? ,If some persons in "high places" could be implicated, liberal amounts of "whitewash will be applied and the whole affair will be forgotten in a very short space of time .LOL.

I hope the authorities can show that there is a reasonable explanation, and I hope they are not red shirts.

On the Contrary Thaksin and his cronies hopes that they are Red shirts , just to keep the pot boiling before little Sis brings him back to a hero's welcome at the Cobra swamp, welcomed of course by tens of thousands of paid "well wishers" it fairly brings a tear to ones eyes does it not,LOL.

And as the Government have no money

The Thai people have to pay 10 million baht, per person in compensation

Interesting that only the Nation is reporting this. If it were a story with substance it would be all over national and international press.

Well, there is no oil in Thailand, and all other natural resources pillaged. There's only the sex industry which the world would rather leave in tact. So there are no arms worth twisting. I'm waiting for a Thai Polititian to deny that these are even the bodies of Thais, and not imported. I mean, .. is there evidence that any of them were smiling?

There is oil in Thailand. Not enough to cover domestic consumption but enough for the likes of Chevron to be here.

You may well be right that they are foreign and are assumed missing.

No oil in Thailand? Why do people who obviously know nothing post complete rubbish as a contribution here. In fact, Thailand produced an estimated 380,000 barrels of oil per day in 2010 in the Gulf of Thailand. There is also some onshore production. Thailand has an estimated 430 million barrels of proved reserve that hasn't been pumped yet. Thailand also produces nearly 4 million cubic feet of natural gas per day.

Edited by bubba

Two men brought in 169 bodies ... and no one asked any questions?

You beat me to it.

They bring them all in at once or just overfill a pick-up truck with 169 dead people, and drive them from Bangkok to Rayong, without anyone noticing anything?

Amazing Thailand indeed.

I can only assume they all walked into bullets, and didn't actually get shot.

During the 2009 Red riots in Bkk, Thaksin was interviewed on CNN and said, in effect, "hundreds of (Red) protesters have been killed by security forces." It was wishful thinking on his part, as such mass killings would add impetus to his crusade to get back the PM's seat. However, (no surprise to people familiar with Thaksin) it was simply another of his long string of lies.

And then the factor of no parents/siblings/children complaining about missing relatives for many months ......the whole story seems too fishy. As Geriatric kid suggests: there are too many factors we don't know yet. If true, it qualifies for international news headlines, and also for possible Hague prosecutions for mass murder. Though expect Thai investigative prowess to be flaccid.

" ....police would look into whether the bodies were victims of Typhoon Gay from Chumphon province in 1989, as claimed by the temples' abbots.

as reported by another major newspaper out Bkk

Can investigators gauge whether a body has been decomposing for 22 years or 1 year? Do temple abbots lie?

Edited by maidu

During the 2009 Red riots in Bkk, Thaksin was interviewed on CNN and said, in effect, "hundreds of (Red) protesters have been killed by security forces." It was wishful thinking on his part, as such mass killings would add impetus to his crusade to get back the PM's seat. However, (no surprise to people familiar with Thaksin) it was simply another of his long string of lies.

And then the factor of no parents/siblings/children complaining about missing relatives for many months ......the whole story seems too fishy. As Geriatric kid suggests: there are too many factors we don't know yet. If true, it qualifies for international news headlines, and also for possible Hague prosecutions for mass murder. Though expect Thai investigative prowess to be flaccid.

" ....police would look into whether the bodies were victims of Typhoon Gay from Chumphon province in 1989, as claimed by the temples' abbots.

as reported by another major newspaper out Bkk

Can investigators gauge whether a body has been decomposing for 22 years or 1 year? Do temple abbots lie?

+We might eventually learn that Thaksin's aspirations run much higher than being the mere PM, a position where others can do his dirty work for him.

I urge those that may jump to conclusions that these are redshirt s to allow the police to investigate as it is quite normal do to a body dump.

That being said, if these people do turn out to be redshirts, the response of some people in TVF will be interesting.

Just as interesting is the sudden deafening silence of the hardcore red-shirt cheerleaders on this forum. Pages are loitered with blaming and condemning Abhisit, Suthep, and the dems for the "growing list of cover ups," "...these atrocities that are now coming to life," these "unanswered things that will come out in the wash," or even how "the military slaughtered so many more protesters at the wat that night than the 'news' reported," to name a few. The other online source has since reported that the chances of these being "missing red-shirts" are highly unlikely since it has been admitted by a rescue group they not only delivered the corpses to the temple August of last year, but it had received news coverage and had been approved from the Lang Suan police chief.

It was noticed as well that red-shirt/UDD/Thaksin propagandist R.A. Amsterdam has taken a very keen or even morbid interest in cemetery cleansing to the point he even placed an article regarding this on his Facebook. Well done, R.A. for educating people about an unusual traditional practice (according to the other online news source). Just as unusual and morbid as throwing human and pig blood onto peoples gates. Some very strange bedfellows, but to each his own.

Deputy national police chief General Prew Damapong denied Friday that he ordered the checks on 169 unidentified bodies on suspicion of linkage to the missing red shirts, in three mass graves in Rayong. "I have no involvement in the matter," he said.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said she has not received any new information about the case from deputy police chief Police General Preowpan Damapong, who is overseeing the matter.

They can't get their lies straight again. What a joke.

Day 1:

Yingluck: Hey Preowpan. We've got some bodies in some temples and we want you to say they are red shirts. It's really easy and there's a bonus in it for you to. You in?

Preowpan: Sounds a doddle, count me in.

Day 2:

Yingluck: Hey Preowpan. Those bodies I told you about, well there's been a hitch. Turns out they've been dead for some time longer than the riots and the press have gotten hold of it, so it might not be as easy as we thought. We still got a deal?

Preowpan: Errrr. Deal, what deal? I don't know anything about a deal about bodies whistling.gif

one has to seriously wonder about the gullibility of the monks.

It seems that some posters with partisan leanings seem to think that the previous govt would have revealed this situation.............and that if the redshirt allies do it it must be false........looks like judgment is clouded by their personal opinions and allegiances.

one has to seriously wonder about the gullibility of the monks.

It seems that some posters with partisan leanings seem to think that the previous govt would have revealed this situation.............and that if the redshirt allies do it it must be false........looks like judgment is clouded by their personal opinions and allegiances.

No some people prefer to make their minds up based on facts. Now the facts are being revealed as shown in other posts it looks like some people have been letting their judgments be clouded by personal opinion and allegiances. :jap:

So if this results from sort of of conspiracy stemming from the last government and there was an attempt to hide extremely incriminating evidence of the type that could bring down a government and even lead to allegations of crimes against humanity, I have one question:

Why were the bodies not cremated? There are certainly plenty of cremation facilities available at temples. Remember how the Chinese dealt murdered protestors at Tiananmen Square?

Something just doesn't seem right here.....

Fair enough question. If these were redshirts, and there is no evidence yet to suggest they were, it would have made sense for the bodies to be cremated. However, cremations require money and in Thailand unclaimed bodies are usually buried in a mass grave unless a charity pays for the cremations. Had someone paid for the cremation, questions would have been asked and it would have attracted attention. Maybe someone did say cremate the bodies, but TIL and the money was purloined. I doubt that though. It is much easier to bury large numbers of bodies if it's "official" since it happens every so often.

Do you really think that any government would have been unable to find the money or resources to cremate 169 bodies which could be used to accuse them of genocide or crimes against humanity??? Are you really saying that said government would have to wait for charity to cremate the bodies?

But what is true is that is these bodies were a collection of unclaimed corpses from one or more hospitals, money may not have been available to provide them with a proper cremation, so they were buried instead. This seems like the likely scenario to me.

Unfortunately, the state of Illinois in the U.S. cannot afford to bury the poor

http://news.yahoo.com/poor-cannot-afford-die-illinois-230800515.html

This certainly is an odd story. Not really sure what they are talking about by doing DNA tests. Unless they have tissue samples from the missing people, they are not really going to be able to do much. Would they bring in all family members of missing red shirts, and cross match? I do not think so. After seeing the mind numbing incompetence of the police investigation of the tourist deaths in Chiang Mai, I hold little hope for this investigation to bear fruit. The timing is also interesting, coinciding with a bit of a furor over the return of The Chosen One..... In order to avoid another coup, I think the strategy is to severely discredit the military. In essence to defang the tiger. Instead of spending months on DNA, I suggest they line the bodies up in a row, and examine each one for bullet holes from high powered rifles....... :rolleyes:

Quite a few unidentifiable tsunami victims were reunited with their families afte DNA testing. BTW, tissue samples from the tourists in C.M. were sent to top labs in several countries and those labs could not do better than the Thai labs for C.O.D. so try not to knock all Thailand's efforts at investigation.

Edited by rametindallas

Isn't that amazing? Where were the bodies found? Most Thai temples have crematoriums and don't bury bodies. Something is really fishy here.

According to the temples' abbots, the bodies had been brought in by two men from a local charity organisation who told them that the corpses had not been claimed and there were no legal cases related to their deaths.

Amazing Thailand where hundreds of bodies can be buried without so much as a "hi diddly-do". :blink:

On the heels of the thousands of aborted fetuses found earlier at other temples, the monkhood is taking another hit.

It looks to me that this is even a sort of a temple's business in which the monks are good! Everyone here in Thailand who wants to get rid of a [many] corpse can go to he abbot with whatever story he fabricates... But why they haven't been cremated? :ermm::angry:

I costs more to cremate than to bury. In 2007 in Bangkok 800 bodies were dug up and cremated with charity funds. It's a lot cheaper to burn a skeleton than a fresh, wet body. The story is fourth down from the top. http://thailandpost....15_archive.html

here's the original story's link: http://www.mark-beales.com/index_files/Page3558.htm

Edited by rametindallas

IF this turns out to be true this will be a massive worldwide story. 169 bodies?! gotten rid of by the government in a cover-up of its brutal tactics. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

You really should read some more. It's already gone.

Isn't that amazing? Where were the bodies found? Most Thai temples have crematoriums and don't bury bodies. Something is really fishy here.

'two men from a charity organization' is a lot different than 'two men'

'two men from a charity organization' is a lot different than 'two men'

Really? So if two men bring in 169 bodies and say they are from a charity organization, no questions should be asked?

As it turns out, questions were asked, and everything seems to be in order.