Visa Help! Visa From Hull

Can someone please help me with some questions.

I want to applay for a Non-o visa. And as fr as i can see, it is easy to get from Hull in UK. But is it possible for me as a Norwegian citizen to apply by post, from norway. Or do i have to go there in person? The thai consulate in Oslo also just require copy of marriage cartificate (married to thai woman) i am married, but i have a little problem to get copy and signature from my wife...

1) if i get a singel entry Non-o from Oslo. Can i jut stay 90 dys, and then what?

You will need that marriage certificate to obtain anywhere. And in Consulates near Thailand you may also need proof of current marriage relationship as well; such as spouse ID card and home register signed/dated.

yes, i am aware that i need the marriage certificate to get the visa. But in some counrty it is enough with just that paper. I also know that if i get it, i have to do visa run since i can not provide all the documentation that immigration in bkk want.

That is why i will do it at a consulate. But none of the 2 answers did`t actually answer my question about aplaying in HULL....

you can apply in Hull, you need a copy or the Marriage Certificate plus other docs listed on their website.

The question arises, if your wife will not give you a copy or sign anything, are you still married and/or does she want you to come here?

Edited by beano2274

I want to applay for a Non-o visa. And as fr as i can see, it is easy to get from Hull in UK. But is it possible for me as a Norwegian citizen to apply by post, from norway. Or do i have to go there in person?

Hull says:

Visas applications are accepted only from persons who are residing in the UK at the time of application.

Sounds like, if you have a copy of your marriage certificate, either Oslo or Hull would suffice. Neither, apparently, asks for copy of wife's ID and/or affidavit of "still being married." Hull does ask that marriage certificate be in English

Evidence required: Copy of marriage certificate (in English).
The question arises, if your wife will not give you a copy or sign anything, are you still married and/or does she want you to come here?

If you've a copy of the marriage certificate, a non-cooperative wife (or even ex-wife) should not prevent you from getting a visa per Hull rules (and you also say Oslo wants only a marriage certificate, nothing involving wife's signature). However, get the multi-entry variety, not single entry, as you'll be making border runs every 90-days (since a one-year extension based on marriage would be difficult with a non-cooperative bride).

:rolleyes:

Regarding Hull:

Hull used to be one of the most friendly Thai consulates...and they allowed a person to get a multi entry Non O visa with the justification of "visiting friends and/or relatives in Thailand".

Unfortunately that is no longer the case...Hull will no longer issue that visa for that reason. The people in charge have chamged...and they have been told to make the rules for such visas much stricter.

However, they should be willing to issue you a visa...but only IF you can show evidence of your legal marriage to a Thai citizen.

I don't believe they will much concern themselves with whether your Thai wife wants you back in Thailand or not...because that is not their concern...it is only their job to verify that you are legally married to a Thai citizen...and therefore qualified for a visa to enter Thailand based on that fact.

But I am almost certain they will want a copy of that marriage certificate...and probably an English translation of it to issue the visa.

All you can do is either email them, or call them and ask them that question.

Either way, they will give you an answer...and you can decide what to do from that answer.

:)

With regard to your question about posting to Hull from Norway I think you have to be in the UK now or at least send the passport from a UK address and have it returned to a UK address. In the past some have had success with posting from Europe but I think I read a thread a while ago, which I can't locate now, that now they will only accept applications from UK postal addresses as per the instructions on their website.

Thanks for a lot for many clarifying answers. I am legaly married in Thailand, and i have my orginal marriage certificate. but i do not speak or contact that wife anymore, what so ever, and btw, she is not even staying in Thailand.

If you are therefore 'separated' you may already be divorced. A Thai can file for divorce after 1 year of separation.

With regard to your question about posting to Hull from Norway I think you have to be in the UK now or at least send the passport from a UK address and have it returned to a UK address. In the past some have had success with posting from Europe but I think I read a thread a while ago, which I can't locate now, that now they will only accept applications from UK postal addresses as per the instructions on their website.

I sent my passport to Hull from Finland 3 weeks ago and got it back 6 days later (applied for triple entry tourist visa)