Science Equipment Store For Homeschooling?

aeolion

I am trying to buy a cheap ($150-200 if possible) microscope for homeschooling. Does anyone know the location of a Thai science equipment store? In the west these stores tend to be strong in retail educational stuff. If there is no such store, where can I get something online?

A science store in Chiang Mai would be cool. Otherwise, something in BKK would have to do.

Nobody in the States seems to be able to ship here. I am not concerned with even $100 or so in shipping, but they just can't/won't ship.

Thanks,

aeolion

Not specific to your question but I find Ebay UK a good source as many of there firms will post to Thailand (and only takes about 5 days).

Think I seen kids science educational stuff in Central Festival in Pattaya ( in the central dept store) in the toys section, and pretty sure seen a microscope as well...

This morning I checked a shop upstairs at Future Park Rangsit that handles only stuff for school kids, books, scout items, teaching aids, etc. They had two microscopes:

-- a nice one for baht 47,000+!!

-- another one for baht 1,900, made in Thailand. See attached.

Send me a PM with your email address if you're interested.

Macpost-32650-0-56819100-1313995176_thumb.j

post-32650-0-58646300-1313995195_thumb.j

My wife, who is Thai and a science teacher, gave me the name of a Thai company which her school has bought microscopes from, but since I posted the company name here on this thread, my post was deleted.

Just PM me if you want to know. Otherwise, the one already mentioned looks good.

• 5 months later...

Hi all. Has anyone purchased a hobby priced microscope from one of the sources mentioned in this thread (or elsewhere)? What'd you get....what'd you pay.....are you happy with it....where/how can the rest of us get one, too? I've found several Thailand sources...but price is still in the range of what a "real" scientist might be willing to pay. I need one that can be purchased on a scientist's kid's budget. :-)

CHEERS!

D

Hi all. Has anyone purchased a hobby priced microscope from one of the sources mentioned in this thread (or elsewhere)? What'd you get....what'd you pay.....are you happy with it....where/how can the rest of us get one, too? I've found several Thailand sources...but price is still in the range of what a "real" scientist might be willing to pay. I need one that can be purchased on a scientist's kid's budget. :-)

CHEERS!

D

How a making this a science project...get the kids to make their own...LOL