Wreath For House Speaker Sparks Red-Shirt Attack

webfact

He can prove they occurred... by pressing charges.

I decided not to press charges at the time as i preferred to continue working on the ground.

The speeches caused me enough grief, pressing charges would have caused me far more. The Thai state is also not very forthcoming on providing protection against people in danger, and so i decided for the safest solution - to let it slip.

To not press charges is certainly your right and privilege, but you have to realize the consequences of doing so lends credence to the belief that they never occurred. Whether that is just or not is immaterial as the only way to establish the occurence was real was to press charges and have corroboration of its occurrence.

By your logic then, the alleged confrontation between the wreath layer, attempting to instigate violence, and the Thai bystanders did not occur. The wreathlayer has declined to pursue charges.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided not to press charges at the time as i preferred to continue working on the ground.

The speeches caused me enough grief, pressing charges would have caused me far more. The Thai state is also not very forthcoming on providing protection against people in danger, and so i decided for the safest solution - to let it slip.

To not press charges is certainly your right and privilege, but you have to realize the consequences of doing so lends credence to the belief that they never occurred. Whether that is just or not is immaterial as the only way to establish the occurence was real was to press charges and have corroboration of its occurrence.

By your logic then, the alleged confrontation between the wreath layer, attempting to instigate violence, and the Thai bystanders did not occur. The wreathlayer has declined to pursue charges.

haha

there's certainly credence to the belief that it never occured

i'm unsure if it really happened now tbh ;)

Edited by nurofiend

Asides from the little matter of the event having been confirmed by the government.

I used to consider you an intelligent person GK, I used to look forward to hearing what you have to say.

But you just seem to be increasingly willing to clutch at straws to prove whatever it is you are trying to prove. You no longer have any credibility in my eyes

Edited by Moonrakers

I don't know why so many of the regular posters are biting on the non-sequitters many of you are trolling, but I won't. There is absolutely no evidence to even slightly suggest there was an attempt to instigate violence, so take the web you've spun and stow it.

The dissimilarity would be that it has been reported on.... AKA corroboration, which is distinctly missing on the other assertion of alleged events by Nick.

Asides from the little matter of the event having been confirmed by the government.

I used to consider you an intelligent person GK, I used to look forward to hearing what you have to say.

But you just seem to be increasingly willing to clutch at straws to prove whatever it is you are trying to prove. You no longer have any credibility in my eyes

You're certainly not alone in that regard.

Well, of course people may decide to not believe me.

But then - i do post here with under my real name. But if you google my name - you may still find some accusations against me on the net.

Here for example is a PAD website that has insinuated me and some of my colleagues of having been bribed:

http://www.antithaks...php?Aid=0801040

Quote:

"In brief, Thaksin could cheat on media in lots of ways. He can bribe reporters, editors, the news medium with regular payments or regular sponsor budgets. He can buy the whole news medium corporation like when he bought ITV and Matichon Newspaper group (which includes Kao Sod Tabloid Newspaper). The media can be directed to interview certain serious Thaksin's supporters/mouth-pieces such as Thongchai Winichakul, Thitinan Pongsudhirak etc.

Therefore, there is no doubt what happened with NY Times, The Econominst, Washington Times, Financial Times, Jonathan Head of BBC, Seth Mydans, Bangkok Post Newspaper, Nick Nostitz and Mandala web site."

In a later article on me alone though the writer has stated that he believes that i have not been bribed. That was after he approached me during a PAD rally, and we had a very friendly talk.

If you look at a webforum called "serithai" or so, you can find some not very nice comments towards me (in Thai).

Sounds to me like you are making stuff up.

Standard Operating Procedure, it would seem.

haha, why do you ye assume that?

what ground have ye to stand on to say he's making stuff up?

Pressing charges or having other corroboration of his allegations would lend credence to his assertions. In the absence thereof, one can logically assume at least some degree of fabrication.

Anyone can make any sort of allegation... it's having something to back it up that matters.

Well, of course people may decide to not believe me.

But then - i do post here with under my real name. But if you google my name - you may still find some accusations against me on the net.

Here for example is a PAD website that has insinuated me and some of my colleagues of having been bribed:

http://www.antithaks...php?Aid=0801040

Quote:

"In brief, Thaksin could cheat on media in lots of ways. He can bribe reporters, editors, the news medium with regular payments or regular sponsor budgets. He can buy the whole news medium corporation like when he bought ITV and Matichon Newspaper group (which includes Kao Sod Tabloid Newspaper). The media can be directed to interview certain serious Thaksin's supporters/mouth-pieces such as Thongchai Winichakul, Thitinan Pongsudhirak etc.

Therefore, there is no doubt what happened with NY Times, The Econominst, Washington Times, Financial Times, Jonathan Head of BBC, Seth Mydans, Bangkok Post Newspaper, Nick Nostitz and Mandala web site."

In a later article on me alone though the writer has stated that he believes that i have not been bribed. That was after he approached me during a PAD rally, and we had a very friendly talk.

If you look at a webforum called "serithai" or so, you can find some not very nice comments towards me (in Thai).

I'm not at all sure why you introduced yourself into the story of the assault on these guys laying a wreath. Isn't that the first rule of legitimate journalists, not to become part of the story? Or is it just some kind of misdirection ploy? Whichever. it doesn't speak well for your impartiality.

Posts have been deleted. Drop the flaming and nastiness now guys.

I am of a mind to close this thread right now since it no longer seems to be even remotely related to the original story and has been filled with so many unsubstantiated allegations, personal attacks and just generally off topic posts that it really seems irredeemable to me at this point.