Vigo 2.5 Auto Vs Vigo 3.0 Auto Fuel Consumption

rjongks

Hi,

I have the 3.0 Auto with a Sammitr steel canopy, so the aerodynamics are slightly better then without a cover.

It uses around 8.5 L/100km in mixed driving conditions. I bought it new, until today it gave me 120,000 absolute trouble free kilometer.

In my opinion the auto gear box in the Vigo with the 3.0 are a good combination.

Inside and outside it is a rather boring car, with today's choices I don't know if I would buy one again.

Quality and fuel economy I would rate good, I have also a Mazda 2 auto, that little car uses also around 8 l/100km in the same driving conditions with same driver.

A strong argument for the 3.0 auto version is probably that there is no 2.5 auto, at least I've never seen one. A 4x4 2.5 is available with manual, around 800,000THB.

If you can wait, you may wait for the new Ford.

2,5Vn and 3,0Vn has the same tourque, BUT its peak tourque on 2,5 at 2000rpm, while 3,0 has the same tourque 1400-3200rpm. so more low end grunt and smoother power delivery from 3,0.

ad more hp for 3,0

I have owned 5x 3,0 4x4, and Vigo 4x4 auto cruising 160kmh loaded with 500Kg, fuel is approx 9km/liter. Measured over long trips 700-4000km

post-81971-0-66844000-1314328515_thumb.j

didnt know Toyota made any 2,5 auto 4x4

Vigo 3.0 4x4 Auto is a gas guzzler.

2.5 manual non-4x4 is much more fuel efficient.

To be honest one notices little difference in power if one drives normally around town.

But the top of the line Vigo has way more options.

Never driven any car at 160kmh for hours, loaded with 5-700Kg including one or two Ninja 650 in the back totally messing up aerodynamics, at amazing 9km/liter. Thats Vigo 3,0 4x4 auto.

Of course a 2,5 manual 3-400 Kg lighter uses less fuel. Apples and oranges

Never driven any car at 160kmh for hours, loaded with 5-700Kg including one or two Ninja 650 in the back totally messing up aerodynamics, at amazing 9km/liter. Thats Vigo 3,0 4x4 auto.

Of course a 2,5 manual 3-400 Kg lighter uses less fuel. Apples and oranges

Very few drive 160 for hours at a time fully loaded all year long.

It depends if one really needs to use the full option 4x4 frequently or not.

Lots of Thais bought the 3L Auto 4 x 4 because one of the few Vigo's with the Auto box.

Now the new Vigo Champ Prerunner 4 x 2 also comes with the 4 speed Auto box.

Friend of mine just bought one, 896K Baht plus 37K Baht for electric carryboy lid and he told the dealer he didn't like the cloth seats, so for 17K Baht they put the leather ones for the 4 x 4 model in.

I own the Hilux Vigo double cab 4 x 2, 3L auto and get around 13 KM/litre, there again I drive at modest speeds and do'nt charge around the country at 160 with a pickup full of mo -cys, anyone who does on the roads around here is barking! just my POV.

ph34r.gif

Lots of Thais bought the 3L Auto 4 x 4 because one of the few Vigo's with the Auto box.

Friend of mine just bought one, 896K Baht plus 37K Baht for electric carryboy lid and he told the dealer he didn't like the cloth seats, so for 17K Baht they put the leather ones for the 4 x 4 model in.

I own the Hilux Vigo double cab 4 x 2, 3L auto and get around 13 KM/litre, there again I drive at modest speeds and do'nt charge around the country at 160 with a pickup full of mo -cys, anyone who does on the roads around here is barking! just my POV.

ph34r.gif

What are the roads by you then, Cart Tracks.? 160 kph is under 100 MPH

...There are many miles of Super Highways here,3 and 4 lanes if you get out and look. I use them every day, and very nice they are too.:D .

Friend of mine just bought one, 896K Baht plus 37K Baht for electric carryboy lid.

You also have the claim from Carryboy that the Sportlid saves upto 15% fuel.

http://www.carryboys.../fuelsaving.php

Edited by MJCM

ph34r.gif

...There are many miles of Super Highways here,3 and 4 lanes if you get out and look. I use them every day, and very nice they are too.:D .

160kmh is 100MPH, and crusing at that speed provides an average speed of 110-120kmh depending on traffic and number of junctions one has to go through. Makes the 1.500km Phuket-Nong Kai trip doable in 2 x 6-7 hours passes. One Phuket- Hua Hin. One Hua Hin- Nong Kai. Also makes Hua Hin town to Suvarnabum trip in exactly 2 hours at 4am.

I have tried higher cruisingspeeds in TH with other cars, but not comfy as too many hard brakings

ph34r.gif

160kmh is 100MPH, and crusing at that speed provides an average speed of 110-120kmh depending on traffic and number of junctions one has to go through. Makes the 1.500km Phuket-Nong Kai trip doable in 2 x 6-7 hours passes. One Phuket- Hua Hin. One Hua Hin- Nong Kai. Also makes Hua Hin town to Suvarnabum trip in exactly 2 hours at 4am.

I have tried higher cruisingspeeds in TH with other cars, but not comfy as too many hard brakings

Kata feels comfy at 160, but my misses just drives at 80-90kmh on the Highway and when I urge her to speed up a little (because it is possible) she just says "I can but I won't" :o

So the comfort level is different for everyone. (I bet Kata doesn't feel comfy driving at 80-90 km on a "empty" Highway :lol:)

Edit 18:21

If anyone is wondering why my wife is driving, it is her car and my PJS GT is still on order.

And we have a rule she drives her Car and I drive my Car, so in the meantime I am a passenger. :angry:

Edited by MJCM

ph34r.gif

Kata feels comfy at 160, but my misses just drives at 80-90kmh on the Highway and when I urge her to speed up a little (because it is possible) she just says "I can but I won't" :o

So the comfort level is different for everyone. (I bet Kata doesn't feel comfy driving at 80-90 km on a "empty" Highway :lol:)

If I am not driving, I prefere the rearseat

and even then I am not comfy above 120kmh with 99,9% of all car drivers

and around Phuket or Hua Hin, I go with the flow, as no gain in trying to keep the speed up, not even on a 90km airport run

back to toyota 3,0D4d 4x4 auto, I find milage absolutely amazing when pushed :)

my tiny 2007 camry 2,4 and 2008 Accord 2,4 needed 30% more fuel to haul only people and a couple of bags, at same speeds

• 9 years later...

Hello. We are looking 3.0 liter Vigo 4x4 automatic with cruise control (for Koh Chang and driving boats time to time 100-300km) Someone is asking 2005 model 340,000thb but in the meter it have 250,000km already. I don't know service history yet.

What is reasonable price in your opinion and how many km you can drive with old vigo without problems?