Thai Wife Has Pacemaker

Bird Man

My Thai wife has had a pacemaker for five years. It was implanted in the states. We are now preparing to move to Nakhon Pathom permanently. I've emailed Bumrungrad and Bangkok hospitals. Our hopes are that she can have the pacemaker replacement procedure done in Thailand versus returning to the states to have it done. Any information is greatly appreciated. :o

A friend of mine had one put in about two years ago at Bangkok Pattaaya Hospital. He's very happy with it and the service he received. He goes back for a quick check up every six months with a specialized nurse from Bangkok. I think he said the total cost was about $4,000 and included three days in the hospital.

My Thai wife has had a pacemaker for five years.  It was implanted in the states.  We are now preparing to move to Nakhon Pathom permanently.  I've emailed Bumrungrad and Bangkok hospitals.  Our hopes are that she can have the pacemaker replacement procedure done in Thailand versus returning to the states to have it done.  Any information is greatly appreciated. :o

Why must the Pacemaker be replaced surely it is only the battery that needs replacing and the leads need to be checked it is no big deal can be done ambulant under local aenesthetic, Contact Medtronic I dont know if they have a website or not for their clinics in thailand, your wife should have a implanted device ID card with all the details of her implant on it , hope this helps a bit ,nignoy