Visa Run Crash

I have just spoken to Julie myself who told me the minibus did not lose control in the rain, a lorry, who was out of control, hit them from behind sending them into the central reservation. The lorry then left the scene. Julie's husband was driving and could have in no way have avoided the accident, it is worth mention that this is the first incident Julie's visa run has had in seven years. The mini bus had slowed down from 100k to 80 as they came to a corner, the lorry did not slow down until it was too late, skidded and thumped into them from behind.

There are several nasty injuries that include one man in a coma, a lady with internal bleeding in her head, a lady with a broken neck, a man with a fractured back and Julie herself that has facial fractures and a broken shoulder and her husband who has broken legs. While Julie is more than happy to take calls from family and friends of the passenger please be aware that she is trying to co-ordinate a lot f insurance claims and help her customers so she needs her phone line to be available and not taken up by people that are not connected to the passengers and are just curios to find out what happened and worse abusive text messages and phone calls from those not involved or in receipt of the correct facts.

If anybody needs more information then please let me know and I will contact Julie

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just spoken to Julie myself who told me the minibus did not lose control in the rain, a lorry, who was out of control, hit them from behind sending them into the central reservation. The lorry then left the scene. Julie's husband was driving and could have in no way have avoided the accident, it is worth mention that this is the first incident Julie's visa run has had in seven years. The mini bus had slowed down from 100k to 80 as they came to a corner, the lorry did not slow down until it was too late, skidded and thumped into them from behind.

There are several nasty injuries that include one man in a coma, a lady with internal bleeding in her head, a lady with a broken neck, a man with a fractured back and Julie herself that has facial fractures and a broken shoulder and her husband who has broken legs. While Julie is more than happy to take calls from family and friends of the passenger please be aware that she is trying to co-ordinate a lot f insurance claims and help her customers so she needs her phone line to be available and not taken up by people that are not connected to the passengers and are just curios to find out what happened and worse abusive text messages and phone calls from those not involved or in receipt of the correct facts.

If anybody needs more information then please let me know and I will contact Julie

thank you for the update Monkeysu, the crash does sound very serious, and Shame on the lorry driver for fleeing the scene and not even staying to help the injured, may Karma come his/her way soon...

maybe if you could keep the board updated on those injured ect, that would be helpful, as a few of the board members have friends of freinds invloved in the crash

I hope all who are injured make a speedy recovery

oh man that's terrible. hope the best for everyone involved. i've been driving myself for several years now but i've taken each of the border bounce buses at some point and the only one i've taken multiple times is julie's. her husband was always a decent enough driver. very sad to hear this.

Hi My name is Paul and I an the uncle of the injured chap (head injusry in a coma) who was involved in the minibus accident this weekend. My sister Karen (his mother) arrived in TL earlier today and its proving difficult to reach her by cell phone any news on the condition of my Nephew would be most helpfull to all of his family back in the UK

Many thanks

Paul

Paul a couple of suggestions that might help you, send your sister a e-mail she should read and tell her to buy a local sim card then easy contactable. As for your nephew someone on here should know what hospital they are in once you know then you can call direct to hospital. Thailand has excellent mobile phone coverage.

corr jesus! must be a night mare having to have hospital treatment and have to co ordinate insserence claims and speak to relatives at the same time.

good luck Julie best wishes

Yes, I've also spoken to Julie and the above is 100% correct. She needs help and support right now as she's dealing with a lot and trying to be strong in the face of an awful situation.

Hi My name is Paul and I an the uncle of the injured chap (head injusry in a coma) who was involved in the minibus accident this weekend. My sister Karen (his mother) arrived in TL earlier today and its proving difficult to reach her by cell phone any news on the condition of my Nephew would be most helpfull to all of his family back in the UK

Many thanks

Paul

Julie has been told by the British Embassy that he is stable, if you still can't get hold of Karen then perhaps you can get an update from them? Let me know if you need their number.

Su

from Facebook ------------

Fundraiser for Ryan Marven

Dear All,

This coming Saturday the Emerald Bar in central Fishermans Village will be holding a Fundraising event in honour of Ryan Marven who was tragically involved in a road accident whilst on his visa run. For those who do not know, Ryan, unfortunately suffered major head injuries & has been in a coma since the accident & therefore requires 24 hour care in an ICU unit on the mainland (Hat Yai). The medical bills for this are... very steep & it seems the company whose services he used do not have the insurance to cover his care. In addition to this his own insurance also does not cover the extent of the care he requires at this time to keep him stable until he wakes up......

We therefore urge you all to come along & to dig deep in your pockets to help his partner: Rie Richardson, his mum: Karen Hatch & all his family to give him the care that he needs.....

Many prominent businesses on the island have been very charitable to offer up the following prizes & all will be available either through raffle or auction. They are as follows:

** BEACH REPUBLIC ** 2 Nights in a suite inc b'fast (2 ppl)

** BEACH REPUBLIC ** Dinner voucher to the value or 2,500 tbh

** KC RESORT ** 2 Nights inc dinner (2 ppl)

** KI ORA CATAMARAN ** Sunset Cruise for 2 inc food & drink (2 ppl)

** Dr FROGS ** Dinner for 2

** ANG THONG MARINE PARK ** Day trip for 2 inc eve dinner (Emerald) (2 ppl)

** ARK BAR ** 2 Nights inc dinner (2 ppl)

** ICE BAR ** Free Entry & drinks (Value TBC) (2 ppl)

** LORDS BAR ** Sunday Lunch/Dinner inc bottle of wine (2 ppl)

** BONDI BAR ** 1,500 Dinner Voucher

** SAMUI PIER ** Dinner for 2

** With many more prizes to be confirmed on the night **

It will be a good night for a good cause in aid of a great man! We look forward to seeing you all there with heavy pockets :)

For those who are unable to attend on Saturday but would like to make a donation Rie's sister has recently set up a pay pal account. This is a personal account which will be used until an official account can be set up, again all donations will be warmly appreciated. To do this log into paypal>send money>personal>insert email address ([email protected])>enter amount>click gift>click send.

Rie, Karen & all his family Thank everyone in advance....

Let's do all that we can people :-)See More

email adress taken out as per TV rules... ( i am learning )

This is a verified event so please ALL TV memeber attend ;)

Edited by Boater

no lorry hit them from behinde they skidded off the road. it isonebig cover up

from Facebook ------------

Fundraiser for Ryan Marven

Dear All,

This coming Saturday the Emerald Bar in central Fishermans Village will be holding a Fundraising event in honour of Ryan Marven who was tragically involved in a road accident whilst on his visa run. For those who do not know, Ryan, unfortunately suffered major head injuries & has been in a coma since the accident & therefore requires 24 hour care in an ICU unit on the mainland (Hat Yai). The medical bills for this are... very steep & it seems the company whose services he used do not have the insurance to cover his care. In addition to this his own insurance also does not cover the extent of the care he requires at this time to keep him stable until he wakes up......

We therefore urge you all to come along & to dig deep in your pockets to help his partner: Rie Richardson, his mum: Karen Hatch & all his family to give him the care that he needs.....

Many prominent businesses on the island have been very charitable to offer up the following prizes & all will be available either through raffle or auction. They are as follows:

** BEACH REPUBLIC ** 2 Nights in a suite inc b'fast (2 ppl)

** BEACH REPUBLIC ** Dinner voucher to the value or 2,500 tbh

** KC RESORT ** 2 Nights inc dinner (2 ppl)

** KI ORA CATAMARAN ** Sunset Cruise for 2 inc food & drink (2 ppl)

** Dr FROGS ** Dinner for 2

** ANG THONG MARINE PARK ** Day trip for 2 inc eve dinner (Emerald) (2 ppl)

** ARK BAR ** 2 Nights inc dinner (2 ppl)

** ICE BAR ** Free Entry & drinks (Value TBC) (2 ppl)

** LORDS BAR ** Sunday Lunch/Dinner inc bottle of wine (2 ppl)

** BONDI BAR ** 1,500 Dinner Voucher

** SAMUI PIER ** Dinner for 2

** With many more prizes to be confirmed on the night **

It will be a good night for a good cause in aid of a great man! We look forward to seeing you all there with heavy pockets :)

For those who are unable to attend on Saturday but would like to make a donation Rie's sister has recently set up a pay pal account. This is a personal account which will be used until an official account can be set up, again all donations will be warmly appreciated. To do this log into paypal>send money>personal>insert email address ([email protected])>enter amount>click gift>click send.

Rie, Karen & all his family Thank everyone in advance....

Let's do all that we can people :-)See More

email adress taken out as per TV rules... ( i am learning )

This is a verified event so please ALL TV memeber attend ;)

i take it Julie's inssurence did not fit the bill. how can u rin a copmany out here and still need to rely on charitys to save your customers. Sorry Julie but you are to blame for this being a police woman u should know better. i am not using u again

Many thanks

Paul

i might be wrong but maybe Dave Covey might be better help as Julie is very busy operating her visa run business. Dave Covey works with the British embassy. I think that the Embassy should be more help for Brits in trouble abroad.

I am sure somone can P.M you his phone number

That's a big accusation, although it may be true. How do you know this Big C?

What is the minimum rquirement stipulated by the Thai authorities for insurance cover for a bus used for visa runs?

How much insurance benefit did the victims of this accident recieve?

Someone mentions Herberts cover. What cover does Herbert have and how much benefit would that offer each individual were an accident to occur on his bus?

Was Julie's vehicle hit by a lorry or not?

I think its important to deal with facts, not hearsay. Does anyone know if theres been any improvement in the condition of the young guy that was so badly injured?

yes u r right i am going to ask the op to delete my posts as i have no concrete evidence and i do not like to go out to destroy people's businesses. i herd from whitnesses and rumers so my posts should be removed unless anyone either was on the bus or has a proper link.

I do not like to bad mouth peoples business specially when there is no conflict with my own because it is taking food out of peoples families mouths.

if any moderaters read this please delete on my behalf all my accusations about Julie's business. sorry to make your job harder.

Edited by BigC

yes u r right i am going to ask the op to delete my posts as i have no concrete evidence and i do not like to go out to destroy people's businesses. i herd from whitnesses and rumers so my posts should be removed unless anyone either was on the bus or has a proper link.

I do not like to bad mouth peoples business specially when there is no conflict with my own because it is taking food out of peoples families mouths.

if any moderaters read this please delete on my behalf all my accusations about Julie's business. sorry to make your job harder.

it was in the paper that one of the people interviewed CANNOT verify that infact they where hit by a Truck, but there are supposdly 3 witnesses and the Reg number of the truck.... , hopefully the newspaper will do a follow up story

it was in the paper that one of the people interviewed CANNOT verify that infact they where hit by a Truck, but there are supposdly 3 witnesses and the Reg number of the truck.... , hopefully the newspaper will do a follow up story

if 3 whitness got the reg number. thats about 4 numbers 3 thai letters and the provence then surely the lorry would be registered to a company. how hard can it be to trace. I would like to see the next paper. If 3 forang whitness sore the number plate then all they can see is number but assuming the accident was in sonkla provence i also assume thayt the whitness were thai standing on the side of the road or driving behinde.

I am not trying to suggest a cover up but it does not look good. a statement straight from the horses mouth might clear things. there again if any mod wants to delete my posts then feel free as it is none of my business but i will make comments based on what i beleive to be true even though i might be wrong. so i know this is a touchy subject so i shall let the mods referee me.

According to TAT licence should be 500.000 baht per person ( accident ) maximum 5 million baht per policy in other words 10 people are covered per journey It cost about 70 baht per person maximum 500 people then they have to open a new policy about 32.000 baht per 500 people

According to TAT licence should be 500.000 baht per person ( accident ) maximum 5 million baht per policy in other words 10 people are covered per journey It cost about 70 baht per person maximum 500 people then they have to open a new policy about 32.000 baht per 500 people

Is 500,000 baht cover per person the "requirement" of the TAT? Is that what you are saying? Afterall, peoples insurance cover is very important.

Edited by Hackett

Yes 500.000 per person .

Is 500,000 baht cover per person the "requirement" of the TAT? Is that what you are saying? Afterall, peoples insurance cover is very important.