Alternate Anti Virus Checker

haveaniceday

I am using Trend Micro Internet Security that is all paid up that came on my ASUS laptop.

I am also using MalwareBytes which is awesome.

Just trying to keep my system "clean", what about the idea of disabling Trend Micro and seeing if ESET Online Scanner picks anything up?

It says it will uninstall at the end. ESET NOD32 is the best anti Virus I have ever had on an old machine. Does anyone have any opinion please about doing a ESET check every one in a while?

http://go.eset.com/us/online-scanner

With FAQ's below

http://go.eset.com/us/online-scanner/faq

How do I uninstall the ESET Online Scanner components from my computer?<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">After every scan an option to uninstall ESET Online Scanner with all its components is provided. It is easy, convenient and can be done directly via the graphic user interface by clicking on the corresponding checkbox and hitting the "uninstall on close" button.

I use Microsoft Security Essentials (free for those with genuine W7 or Vista) and run the Trend on-line scanner (also free) once a month or so, it's never found anything.

This Trend on-line found a few on my cousins PC - it also alerted her that the firewall had been by passed by a PC with the IP address that started with 59.xxx.xxx.xxx and the PC name "PC-2010XXXXX" forgot the whole name and address - but it said she had been hacked by this PC. It had found a long list of virus which it had locked down as well. I told her to unplug the internet time being - I don't know the products and I think she is running Xp pro and I didn't have anytime this morning to look at it any of it anyway. Her screen was filled with warnings this morning when I went past her shop.

Anyway - what would you recommend she do with that.:lol: I am inclined at this point to say wipe the drive and start over.

Put a condom over your keyboard and mouse, no infections at all. Works great. :cheesy:

It is not a problem for me - I never run windows on line - which is maybe why I don't know these products. I wish she would switch to using linux online - nothing she does online requires the use of windows anyway.

Would that be the same a wearing a condom.:lol: