Change Of Address On Licence

billd766

About a year ago I moved from Bangkok to upcountry near Khampaeng Phet and I really ought to re register my car up here and change the address on my driving licence.

If I don't then I have to go back to Bangkok every year so that the Excise department on Sukhumvit road can inspect the car before I get the new tax for the year and it is a pain.

Does anybody know how to do this?

You don't need a car inspection at Land Transport to re-tax your car.

You should be able to re-tax by post.

If you want to move the registration to KPP then you must first apply in Bankok and they will inspect the car and send the papers to KPP.

Then you have to go to KPP office for another inspection to get it registered there. Not sure about cost so will let someone else answer that.

If you want to move the registration to KPP then you must first apply in Bankok and they will inspect the car and send the papers to KPP.

Then you have to go to KPP office for another inspection to get it registered there.  Not sure about cost so will let someone else answer that.

Thetyim, are you sure about this mate? When i transferred the car rego from Bangkok to Chonburi, i didnt have to go to Bangkok . Did it all in Chonburi.

billd766, might be easier if you wait untill you need to renew your license for the change of address on license.

Then you have to go to KPP office for another inspection to get it registered there.  Not sure about cost so will let someone else answer that.

Thetyim, are you sure about this mate? When i transferred the car rego from Bangkok to Chonburi, i didnt have to go to Bangkok . Did it all in Chonburi.

billd766, might be easier if you wait untill you need to renew your license for the change of address on license.

Thanks for the info guys.

I have to go to Bangkok next week so I will get a friend to come with me to the Sukhumvit office and see if they have any idea. My licence doesn't expire for another 3 1/2 years.