Get Vietnam Tourist Visa On Arrival In Bangkok, Thailand

Can you get a visa at the Vietnamese Embassy in Bangkok?

I certainly got visas without any hassle in the UK.

You can easily get a visa at the Vietnamese Embassy in Bangkok,it's in Wireless road,a short walk from the Sukhumvit Road(opposite way from the British Embassy) You go there,fill out a simple form,one photo needed,and collect it the next afternoon.Usually no queue,staff are helpful,I'm not sure of the current cost as I haven't got a visa from them for a while,(as i live in Vietnam now I don't need one).If you are able to get a proper visa this way,some people have reported it avoids possible lengthy queues when arriving at the airport in Vietnam with the pre-approval letter,which is what you get with the on-line application mentioned by the OP.

You can easily get a visa at the Vietnamese Embassy in Bangkok,it's in Wireless road,a short walk from the Sukhumvit Road(opposite way from the British Embassy) You go there,fill out a simple form,one photo needed,and collect it the next afternoon.Usually no queue,staff are helpful,I'm not sure of the current cost as I haven't got a visa from them for a while,(as i live in Vietnam now I don't need one).If you are able to get a proper visa this way,some people have reported it avoids possible lengthy queues when arriving at the airport in Vietnam with the pre-approval letter,which is what you get with the on-line application mentioned by the OP.

Don't tell everyone!!!

I think it's great that I can go to the front of the queue at Immigration while everyone else is queueing up at a different place.

I used the online pre-approved visa system last month. That part works very well, and I had the approval letter within 24 hours. Arriving at Hanoi airport is a different matter, though. On arrival you follow the signs to "visa on arrival". There is a mass scrum, depending on how many flights have arrived at the same time. Once you have "submitted" your approval form at reception point, you are directed through to the waiting area. When I got to the waiting area, there must have been 50 people ahead of me. While I was waiting, there must have been at least 100 who arrived after me.

How many people dealing with this queue ? One ! The lady dealing takes a passport from the pile given to her by the guys at the submission point. She then shouts out the name of the passport holder. If you hear your name you go to pay her your $25. Unbelievably, some people did not have the required photos. The same lady left her chair, with a digital camera in hand, and took photos of those without the required pics. So, while she was doing that nobody was dealing with the growing pile of passports.

I think I was lucky, I waited only about 45 minutes. I have no idea of how long the people behind me had to wait. After collecting my passport with the visa inside, I then had to proceed to the lines for immigration. At this point an immigration officer deals with the passport and visa. That took about 20 minutes. Then on to baggage collection ! It was a long process.

You should make visa on arrival. This way is very simple and takes mot much time. You only enter website, click on the " apply online", fill information and settle your payment. After that, you will receive Approval Letter and then print it out, onboard ang get stamp visa at the airport.

All procedue will be make at home, just in 5 minutes, no fail, no postage fee or any other fee.

Contact details:

Hotline: 84-974-137-281

E-mail: [email protected]

I used the online pre-approved visa system last month. That part works very well, and I had the approval letter within 24 hours. Arriving at Hanoi airport is a different matter, though. On arrival you follow the signs to "visa on arrival". There is a mass scrum, depending on how many flights have arrived at the same time. Once you have "submitted" your approval form at reception point, you are directed through to the waiting area. When I got to the waiting area, there must have been 50 people ahead of me. While I was waiting, there must have been at least 100 who arrived after me.

How many people dealing with this queue ? One ! The lady dealing takes a passport from the pile given to her by the guys at the submission point. She then shouts out the name of the passport holder. If you hear your name you go to pay her your $25. Unbelievably, some people did not have the required photos. The same lady left her chair, with a digital camera in hand, and took photos of those without the required pics. So, while she was doing that nobody was dealing with the growing pile of passports.

I think I was lucky, I waited only about 45 minutes. I have no idea of how long the people behind me had to wait. After collecting my passport with the visa inside, I then had to proceed to the lines for immigration. At this point an immigration officer deals with the passport and visa. That took about 20 minutes. Then on to baggage collection ! It was a long process.

I see what you mean, but in order to sovle this problem. You can use our service" Executive service and welcoming service". Our enthusiastic staffs will pick you up at the airport and guide you in airport. You will be tackled problem in the fastest and safetest way.

I see what you mean, but in order to sovle this problem. You can use our service" Executive service and welcoming service". Our enthusiastic staffs will pick you up at the airport and guide you in airport. You will be tackled problem in the fastest and safetest way.

Yes,and how much does this service cost,I assume it's not free?

Yes,and how much does this service cost,I assume it's not free?

thanks for your reply!

It costs only 20 USD to use this service in the airport. If you use this service with many your friends, the fee can be cheaper. You please note that in order to use this service, contact with us 3 days before to provide information to pick you up.

Contact details:

Hotline: 84-974-137-281

E-mail: [email protected]

Interesting info on the rugby scrum at Hanoi. I have only used visa on arrival at Saigon about 7 times and only seen the desk swamped on a couple of occasions. The key to faster processing is having a copy of the form that needs to be filled in and submitted at the VoA desk already filled in and ready to hand in with passport, invite letter and pictures. Half of that scrum are looking for the forms, a pen and trying to write in English.... if there's any space that they can use as a writing desk!!!

I use stayinvietnam.com

They aren't as pushy as this sponsor and have processed well over 25 VoA's for myself and fellow consultants these past 6 or 7 years.

I fail to see the purpose of paying for a service to apply for a visa online when on arrival at the destination I still have to queue to get a visa on arrival placed in my passport. I'd rather get a visa in my passport before leaving so that on arrival in Vietnam I can go directly to the immigration desk for passport check.

I fail to see the purpose of paying for a service to apply for a visa online when on arrival at the destination I still have to queue to get a visa on arrival placed in my passport. I'd rather get a visa in my passport before leaving so that on arrival in Vietnam I can go directly to the immigration desk for passport check.

... and then be able to wait an extra 15 minutes beside the baggage carousel?

True. If you have the time to apply beforehand as a walk-in customer, go ahead and do it.

However, all of my online applications have been done because I don't live in Bangkok or near a Vietnam Embassy or, in the case of fellow consultants who live outside of Thailand, the trip is urgent. Sometimes the occasional rugby scrum at Saigon is better than the guaranteed two extra flights and the mandatory overnight in a hotel in Bangkok.

Plus your bags are always waiting on the carousel for you!

Edited by NanLaew

I was very interested that you live in Vietnam now. I think Thailand is a lot more expensive now. When I came here 5 years ago I bought my Condo for 71 thai Baht per £ Sterling. ! Now its 48 baht. ONE THIRD LESS. If you are on a fixed income ou can see easily it buys a lot less now. Can you tell me which area you would recommend for living in Vietnam as an expat, not seedy but with a little access if you get my drift.

and do you find it cheaper there than in Thailand ? Do you mind if I ask have you met a nice Vietnamese Lady to share life with there?

I was very interested that you live in Vietnam now. I think Thailand is a lot more expensive now. When I came here 5 years ago I bought my Condo for 71 thai Baht per £ Sterling. ! Now its 48 baht. ONE THIRD LESS. If you are on a fixed income ou can see easily it buys a lot less now. Can you tell me which area you would recommend for living in Vietnam as an expat, not seedy but with a little access if you get my drift.

and do you find it cheaper there than in Thailand ? Do you mind if I ask have you met a nice Vietnamese Lady to share life with there?

Yes,you are right,Thailand is a lot more expensive now than 5 years ago.As this is a bit off topic I'll keep it brief,but yes,Vietnam is much cheaper to live in than Thailand (in my circumstances anyway)The reason I can stay here long time is that I am married to a Vietnamese lady,and so don't need a visa,if you are married,you can apply for a 5 year visa exemption,which costs 8ooTHB for 5 years,the only caveat is that you must either leave every 90 days or pay for a 90 day extension of stay (about 30USD)Otherwise it is not easy to live permanently here in Vietnam.There are topics covering living in Vietnam in the S.E. Asia forum,I can reply more fully there.

Yes,you are right,Thailand is a lot more expensive now than 5 years ago.As this is a bit off topic I'll keep it brief,but yes,Vietnam is much cheaper to live in than Thailand (in my circumstances anyway)The reason I can stay here long time is that I am married to a Vietnamese lady,and so don't need a visa,if you are married,you can apply for a 5 year visa exemption,which costs 8ooTHB for 5 years,the only caveat is that you must either leave every 90 days or pay for a 90 day extension of stay (about 30USD)Otherwise it is not easy to live permanently here in Vietnam.There are topics covering living in Vietnam in the S.E. Asia forum,I can reply more fully there.

A bit off topic me thinks. I thought this was about getting a visa on arrival in bkk?

A bit off topic me thinks. I thought this was about getting a visa on arrival in bkk?

The heading is a bit confusing, it's actually about getting a visa in arrival for Vietnam when you are in Thailand, hence the many comments about Vietnam, I think most people have understood this.

Edited by theoldgit