Need Pink Lemonade

KRS1

I here, ya. But in these parts, short of cha manaow/lime tea (ชามะนาว), I think you're out of luck. Why not go for it with a big old glass of sweet, sour, pink to cherry red roselle juice ? I love naam krajieb (น้ำกระเจี๊ยบ) and it's totally good for you as well. Alot of places will salt it too, and these days I don't mind it with how much the heat makes me sweat out here. I know many food courts where it's for sale and in those earthen jugs for scooping over big piles of ice in a cup.

You can also buy the dried flower bulbs and make your own at home and keep in the fridge. Totally great for hot days, n you can control the concentration, sugar, and acidity to your specs that way too.

It's a relative of the hibiscus family.

I here, ya. But in these parts, short of cha manaow/lime tea (ชามะนาว), I think you're out of luck. Why not go for it with a big old glass of sweet, sour, pink to cherry red roselle juice ? I love naam krajieb (น้ำกระเจี๊ยบ) and it's totally good for you as well. Alot of places will salt it too, and these days I don't mind it with how much the heat makes me sweat out here. I know many food courts where it's for sale and in those earthen jugs for scooping over big piles of ice in a cup.

You can also buy the dried flower bulbs and make your own at home and keep in the fridge. Totally great for hot days, n you can control the concentration, sugar, and acidity to your specs that way too.

It's a relative of the hibiscus family.

I was wondering if naam krajieb comes from the okra plant, because krajieb itself is actually okra....mmmmm fried okra.

any clue?

KRS.... if you wiki the mallow family, which a small investigation into krajieb will lead to, you'll see that apparently, such diverse plants as Okra, Hibiscus, Cacao (chocolate), Cotton, and Durian are all related. A good educational diversion to read up on, rather than getting back to work.

According to my resident expert, some taxonomies are just recently changed, and some plants are clearly more closely related than others, but still, she agreed with wiki's facts.

KRS.... if you wiki the mallow family, which a small investigation into krajieb will lead to, you'll see that apparently, such diverse plants as Okra, Hibiscus, Cacao (chocolate), Cotton, and Durian are all related. A good educational diversion to read up on, rather than getting back to work.

According to my resident expert, some taxonomies are just recently changed, and some plants are clearly more closely related than others, but still, she agreed with wiki's facts.

interesting thanks for the info tidbit. Never would i have guessed Cacao and Durian were related.

Works for me ! ^_^ Back in the days it use to be a Big Gulp of Dr. Pepper from 7-11 .

The older i get the more hangovers are starting to hurt. :huh:

No more Leo for me, only Heineken...cant drink that stuff anymore - hangover guaranteed.

Edited by KRS1

Works for me ! ^_^ Back in the days it use to be a Big Gulp of Dr. Pepper from 7-11 .

The older i get the more hangovers are starting to hurt. :huh:

No more Leo for me, only Heineken...cant drink that stuff anymore - hangover guaranteed.

So, if it's work for you, what's the problem with a hangover? Change the brand of beer? Should this be moved to the "Drink To Much Forum" ? :)