Taweechol Botanical Gardens & Horizon Resort

ProdigalSon

Having been in CM for just over a decade, it's always nice to find 'new' places to spend an afternoon. Last weekend I was taken to such a place, namely Taweechol Botanical Gardens. I'm sure there are plenty of you out there who have been there before, but I'd thought I'd pass it on for those who haven't. It's on the Doi Saket road, quite a few clicks down on the left hand side after you've turned off the super highway. My apologies for the vague directions, so if someone who knows exactly where it is could oblige with better ones I'd be grateful.

Anyway, on with the details. Once you get to the gardens, there's a small entrance fee (50 baht per adult - no discrimination) and you have the additional option of hiring a bicycle or golf cart to get around. The gardens themselves aren't very big (and certainly not as 'botanical' as the ones on the Mae Rim loop), but there's enough to enjoy a couple of hours wandering/cycling around. If you like boating, you can also hire a pedalo to burn off some extra calories and there's also a maze to keep you entertained. If you've got kids then there's a playground and a petting zoo (no, nothing like Spicy) with some inquisitive ostriches.

Like I said, it's always a nice surprise to find a 'new' place, so I thought I'd share this one with you. rolleyes.gif

One of my favorite places!

I won't go there on a Sunday though. The owner rides around in his golf cart and watches every move you make (especially if you have kids), coming up to see if you have littered or if your child has touched one of his plants or something. The wife hangs out in the restaurant and comes and comes over and complains if your kid drops a crumb on the floor. They are really annoying to say the least. But they are only around on Sunday.

One of my favorite places!

I won't go there on a Sunday though. The owner rides around in his golf cart and watches every move you make (especially if you have kids), coming up to see if you have littered or if your child has touched one of his plants or something. The wife hangs out in the restaurant and comes and comes over and complains if your kid drops a crumb on the floor. They are really annoying to say the least. But they are only around on Sunday.

To be honest , altho not you personally ,but if some of the uncivilized people i see in gardens and other places like Wats and historical /heritage sites acting like they do then , i would be the same .

Can anyone give more accurate directions ? You go out Doi Saket road ,how far up from the last ring road ?

Almost exactly 10.3 km from the ring road, a straight drive up the Doi Saket Rd (#118). The park will be on your left, so no u-turns involved.

T

This place is called The Horizon Village and resort. I'm sure it's the same place the OP speaks of because it also has the bicycle renting, paddle boats, inquisitive ostriches and annoying owners.

Edited by Thakkar

Can anyone give more accurate directions ? You go out Doi Saket road ,how far up from the last ring road ?

Almost exactly 10.3 km from the ring road, a straight drive up the Doi Saket Rd (#118). The park will be on your left, so no u-turns involved.

T

This place is called The Horizon Village and resort. I'm sure it's the same place the OP speaks of because it also has the bicycle renting, paddle boats, inquisitive ostriches and annoying owners.

Yes that is it, Horizon Village. Lovely place. Very relaxing atmosphere.

Agree totally. I had passed on the road it numerous times without ever thinking what it might be like inside.

Stayed there one night last year however, and found it a most pleasant experience.

It's a nice option to escape the downtown stress. It's relaxing, tranquil, and well managed, The staff are pleasant and the gardens are superb.

All yours about 30 minutes drive away.

There is a web site here which also features a number of promotions for families, honeymooners etc.

I wish them well.