New Flyover To Open At Ladphrao Intersection

Jai Dee

BMA WILL OPEN ANOTHER FLYOVER AT LADPHRAO JUNCTION TOMORROW MORNING

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) is preparing to open another flyover at Ladphrao (ลาดพร้าว) intersection tomorrow morning.

Deputy Governor of Bangkok Samart Ratchaphonsit (สามารถ ราชพลสิทธิ์) said today after his inspection of the construction at Ladphrao junction that the flyover for cars inbound into the city, which starts in front of the Sofitel Central hotel and ends in front of St. John's University, would be opened from 5 AM tomorrow onwards.

Following the opening of this particular flyover, he said the traffic congestion in the area is expected to alleviate by 80%. Tomorrow at 10 pm, the BMA will conduct its final closing of 2 additional traffic lanes, to construct the base for the ending part of the flyover which will take up cars from Viphawadi inbound to let out on Paholyothin (พหลโยธิน) inbound.

The BMA has scheduled openings of 2 additional flyovers at the Ladphrao junction this month. One will be opened on the 18th and another on the 25th.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 03 November 2005

80% reduction what a joke.  It is worse than before; I knew I should have designed it myself :-)

The central to city way is fine, but no one can figure out what the benefit of the two bridges going the opposite way is....

It is a nightmare if you are coming up Vipavadee, turning right to get onto Pahonyohtin Rd past Central Ladprao. I have waited about 45 on a few occaisions to get through the traffic lights. :D However if I come back the reverse direction there is hardly ever a delay getting through the lights. :D:D

It would be nice if the flyovers could reduce the traffic problem. :o:D

80% reduction what a joke.  It is worse than before; I knew I should have designed it myself :-)

The central to city way is fine, but no one can figure out what the benefit of the two bridges going the opposite way is....

It is a nightmare if you are coming up Vipavadee, turning right to get onto Pahonyohtin Rd past Central Ladprao. I have waited about 45 on a few occaisions to get through the traffic lights. :D However if I come back the reverse direction there is hardly ever a delay getting through the lights. :D:D

It would be nice if the flyovers could reduce the traffic problem. :o:D

The flyover going towards downtown was finished a few weeks ago, and seems to have made some difference. Since I just get on the expressway in front of the Sofitel, before the intersection, I am only worried about how the backup affects my ability to get to the on the ramp. Going outbound, I always take the expressway so the intersection doesn't affect me at all, but I think that is the bridge that is opening.

TH

It is a nightmare if you are coming up Vipavadee, turning right to get onto Pahonyohtin Rd past Central Ladprao. I have waited about 45 on a few occaisions to get through the traffic lights. :D However if I come back the reverse direction there is hardly ever a delay getting through the lights. :D  :D

It would be nice if the flyovers could reduce the traffic problem.  :o  :D

I agree with you 100%. I live in Lad Prao and travel through this intersection daily. The new flyover coming from the city won't help the traffic wanting to get onto Pahonyothin / Lad Prao roads very much. It will still be subject to a light to get across Vibhavadi Rangsit Road.

One thing I can say is that I have been impressed by the overall speed that they have completed this project... somewhere in the order of 4-5 months. Astonishing for Thailand! :D

One thing I can say is that I have been impressed by the overall speed that they have completed this project... somewhere in the order of 4-5 months. Astonishing for Thailand! :o

I must admit too, that I've been impressed with how quickly the flyovers have been built.

When I first heard that project would be finished by the end of the year, I laughed. It looks like it will be completed on time, though. Well Done! :D