Rugby World Cup

luther

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Best place for me will be on my couch after I've stock up on beers and snacks as it's been shown on Star Sports so there's no need to leave home if you have this channel.

partytime2.gif

You're right Mr. Clough, just had a look at the Premiere magazine. This is a bit of good news and what with the Premier League football, the DVD recorder will be working overtime.thumbsup.gif Who, knows True might even be tempted to show the Olympics or The Ashes.

Edited by uptheos

Best place for me will be on my couch after I've stock up on beers and snacks as it's been shown on Star Sports so there's no need to leave home if you have this channel.

partytime2.gif

You're right Mr. Clough, just had a look at the Premiere magazine. This is a bit of good news and what with the Premier League football, the DVD recorder will be working overtime.thumbsup.gif Who, knows True might even be tempted to show the Olympics or The Ashes.

Steady on lol. you might be right though. I would imagine they will show the Olympics, the time difference means it won't clash with many other live sports. NFL / NHL may suffer (or not) I suppose but it's not like there aren't enough channels showing week old repeats to show other live stuff on.

partytime2.gif

Steady on lol. you might be right though. I would imagine they will show the Olympics, the time difference means it won't clash with many other live sports. NFL / NHL may suffer (or not) I suppose but it's not like there aren't enough channels showing week old repeats to show other live stuff on.

I don't recall them showing the last Olympics........but sometimes I don't recall much. huh.gif

Their idiocy regarding showing the World Cup without English commentary defied belief.

Still, the Rugby World Cup is a start and it will be nice watching it at home, though certain games lend themselves to being with others, for a good old banter.

partytime2.gif

I don't recall them showing the last Olympics........but sometimes I don't recall much. huh.gif

Their idiocy regarding showing the World Cup without English commentary defied belief.

Still, the Rugby World Cup is a start and it will be nice watching it at home, though certain games lend themselves to being with others, for a good old banter.

You mean like the England Vs The Sweaty's game on 1st of October 14:30 kick off

Edited by thaimiller

I said banter, not all out war!

We don't want to be runners up in group B, otherwise we'll probably have to play the All Blacks.shock1.gif

Meh!!! We can beat them as well whistling.gif

Meanwhile back to the original question....

Mad Dog have a sign up saying they will show all games but I suspect it will depend on who else is in and what else is being aired.

69 Bar in the entertainment plaza will probably be showing most if not all of them as well and should have a few Aussies watching to liven it up.

I said banter, not all out war!

We don't want to be runners up in group B, otherwise we'll probably have to play the All Blacks.shock1.gif

Meh!!! We can beat them as well whistling.gif

With the last kick of the game would be nice..........memories of Melbourne. biggrin.gif

Mad Dog have a sign up saying they will show all games but I suspect it will depend on who else is in and what else is being aired.

69 Bar in the entertainment plaza will probably be showing most if not all of them as well and should have a few Aussies watching to liven it up.

If I watch it anywhere, I want a place that turns up the commentary and we can listen to the atmosphere at the ground, not a place that turns down the commentary and puts music on. Music can be had any day, but the WC is every four years, I guess the bar owners just want it both ways.

I'd be heartbroken if NFL or NHL suffered because of it. rolleyes.gif

Anyway they're not sports, 300lb guys wrapped in mattresses, bumping into each other and in hockey you can't see the bloody puck anyway.

Edited by uptheos

If I watch it anywhere, I want a place that turns up the commentary and we can listen to the atmosphere at the ground, not a place that turns down the commentary and puts music on. Music can be had any day, but the WC is every four years, I guess the bar owners just want it both ways.

Anyway they're not sports, 300lb guys wrapped in mattresses, bumping into each other and in hockey you can't see the bloody puck anyway.

UN always have the commentary on. you also get a good mix of people which usually creates some good atmosphere in the place.

I'm sure the Olde Bell & Red Lion will be the same as well.

UN always have the commentary on. you also get a good mix of people which usually creates some good atmosphere in the place.

Assuming the unlikely happens and England don't win, who is your money on Mr. Clough?

Assuming the unlikely happens and England don't win, who is your money on Mr. Clough?

The All Blacks for me, I think they will excel in their own back yard. I think England will go out in the semi's

The All Blacks for me, I think they will excel in their own back yard. I think England will go out in the semi's

That's what they said in Australia. wink.gif

Hey the Aussies beat the Kiwi's recently........if they can do it, should be a walk in the park for us. ph34r.gif

Can't wait

Here's a full list of the Pool stage fixtures. New Zealand is 5 hours ahead of us but there is a rather handy local time zone button

Cheers MB - who is your money on?.........or need I ask? biggrin.gif

All Blacks have got to be favourites but the weight of expectation of the whole country and the failures of the past may prove crushing especially once they get to the knock out rounds. I think they will also have problems if Carter gets injured.

The tournament is 2 years too early for England IMHO, but I hope they will give a good account of themselves. I was very pleased to read about Martin Johnson's state of mind

Of course the Aussies and France will be competitive and I have a feeling Wales could spring a surprise perhaps in Sunday's game v South Africa who I don't fancy to retain the trophy.

Can't wait

Here's a full list of the Pool stage fixtures. New Zealand is 5 hours ahead of us but there is a rather handy local time zone button

Cheers MB - who is your money on?.........or need I ask? biggrin.gif

All Blacks have got to be favourites but the weight of expectation of the whole country and the failures of the past may prove crushing especially once they get to the knock out rounds. I think they will also have problems if Carter gets injured.

The tournament is 2 years too early for England IMHO, but I hope they will give a good account of themselves. I was very pleased to read about Martin Johnson's state of mind

Of course the Aussies and France will be competitive and I have a feeling Wales could spring a surprise perhaps in Sunday's game v South Africa who I don't fancy to retain the trophy.

I tend to agree with you that it might be too early for England, but you never know.

Personally, I would never write off the Springboks......they are so unpredictable.

I tend to agree with you that it might be too early for England, but you never know.

Personally, I would never write off the Springboks......they are so unpredictable.

England have a pig of a draw. It's going to be a very physical group and then either France or NZ waiting at the quarters which means if England are going to win they will likely have to beat at least 3 of the world's top 4 sides. That's a big ask! I just hope its France who we know how to beat

I thin SA are too old and conservative but you are right that they shouldn't be written off.

I think it will be a great tournament and the New Zealanders will be excellent hosts. I hope the grounds are full.

what are the odds on tonga getting up its going to be a game of smash em and throw it out wide great game to start the world cup

New Zealand are 2,000-1 on to win

Tonga 100-1

2,000-1 on!! Crikey I hope they just pay tax on the one pound winnings and not the entire stake. biggrin.gif

England have a pig of a draw. It's going to be a very physical group and then either France or NZ waiting at the quarters which means if England are going to win they will likely have to beat at least 3 of the world's top 4 sides. That's a big ask! I just hope its France who we know how to beat

I thin SA are too old and conservative but you are right that they shouldn't be written off.

I think it will be a great tournament and the New Zealanders will be excellent hosts. I hope the grounds are full.

I've hear this 'England have a pig of a draw'/Group of death stuff before stuff before. I can't agree!! England have Argentina and Scotland and with due respect to both countries, neither are top rate -despite Scotland's surprise win over Ireland. Argentina are a good workaday side but Wales beat them fairly easily in Cardiff last month.

Wales have got South Africa and I agree with MB they are well past their best, but we've also got both Fiji and Samoa. Come on, who would you rather have in your group in a southern Hemisphere WC? Argentina and Scotland or Fiji and Samoa? 'cos I know who I'd rather have!!

Anyway it should be an intriguing WC. Can't wait for tomorrow!!....and especially Sunday!!

Edited by OldeBellPedr

I never referred to a group of death, my point was that England's group would be a very physical test. If they come through it either France or New Zealand would be lying in wait both of whom are currently ranked ahead of England and will be very difficult to beat.

Obviously, given their history, Wales would be concerned about coming up against Samoa and Fiji both of whom have previously embarrassed Wales in World Cup. Having said that as I stated earlier I fancy Wales to be a surprise package in the tournament.

As much as it pains me to say it I think the shufflers oops I mean Aussies will take it this year.