Pattaya Memorial Hospital

McGarty

Just thought I'd make a quick post. I called into Pattaya Memorial Hospital to enquire about Contraceptive injections for the g/f. Quoted 720 Baht. G/f phoned next day to enquire what day to go etc. She was quoted 450 Baht. Clinic on Pattaya Klang quoted me 350 Baht and quoted the g/f the same. Seems to be dual pricing at Pattaya Memorial even for something as simple as this.

yes I have experienced the same at Memorial Hospital. hospital fee 130 THB for Thai 150 thb to Falange. (it seems to be standard)

I went to skin doctor at Memorial Hospital and was charged 700 thb in doctorate fee, 14 days after my wife went to skin doctor at Memorial Hospital and was charged 250 thb in doctoral fee. Yes there is dual pricing at Memorial Hospital. It's ok thai gets 50% in public hospitals as a doctor so well put it to my friend who went to Queen's hospital which is state owned (it's their tax money is not ours)

But that private hospitals practicing Dual pricing is deeply disgusting. I've also thought about what it means for health insurance and what they are worth? Could there be traded with Falange and their health insurance, hospitals and insurance between. 2 bills, an OFFICIAL and the real price?

post-40660-0-21726700-1315182336_thumb.j

Edited by blackadder

I have not had any dealings with Memorial, but the other private hospitals in the area do practice dual pricing. Some more brazen than others. I assume names cannot be mentioned here. Next time you need a service from a hospital, have a thai friend inquire as to the price, then go in person and inquire. I was amazed at the difference. Sometimes double. I am talking about 30,000 to 50,000 baht procedures

Dual pricing is disgusting.

Private hospital Practicing Dual pricing is Deeply disgusting.

Unfortunately, it is widely accepted among Thais. They use the comparison between what our currency is worth and what the Thai baht's worth.

You get more money when you exchange your money.

They are well aware it does not look so good and do not want it to light. We shall pay any dual pricing without noticing it, so they do not lose face.

Shh .....

I believe it was on this forum that I read Bangkok Hospital-Pattaya has *triple* pricing:

Thai

Farang resident

Farang tourist

IIRC, this came to light in the context of a repeated treatment being billed at a consistent fee until one time it was more expensive, and there was an apology and "Sorry, we charge you as tourist."

I believe it was on this forum that I read Bangkok Hospital-Pattaya has *triple* pricing:

Thai

Farang resident

Farang tourist

IIRC, this came to light in the context of a repeated treatment being billed at a consistent fee until one time it was more expensive, and there was an apology and "Sorry, we charge you as tourist."

I'd heard that the pricing structure at BHP was along the lines of:

Thai

Farang without insurance

Farang with insurance

Maybe there's actually another two levels in there, so that the farang with and without insurance is actually expat with and without insurance and tourist with and without insurance?

Thai

Farang resident

Farang tourist

I'd heard that the pricing structure at BHP was along the lines of:

Thai

Farang without insurance

Farang with insurance

Maybe there's actually another two levels in there, so that the farang with and without insurance is actually expat with and without insurance and tourist with and without insurance?

Thought the only farang pricing policy at BHP was squeeze till empty!

Update.

The 450 Baht cost was in reality 840 Baht. It is a good job I handed her a 1,000 Baht note to pay the bill.

The bill shows she paid a 230 Baht surcharge because she is not from Pattaya !! :realangry: So they stung her for extra too. The 230 is a one off surcharge. The extra for an examination to make sure she is not pregnant. Though how a woman can be pregnant when she is menstruating is a wee bit beyond me :blink:

Next time she will go to the clinic.