Going Back To The Home Country For A Visit

Yaroon

Greetings.

Like most expats living in LOS, some still have connections or a band with the motherland and some do actually go back for a visit. Slowly Christmas is approaching and to avoid extreme spiked up fees it might be wise to start looking around for a flight. For me it will be the first time i am flying back to Europe departing from LOS. This made me a bit curious if there are some TV members with good experiences where to book (perhaps cheaper) flights; online or through an agency.

Any tips would be appreciated :)

I always book online. I know a travel agent in BKK, but when I tell her the price I found online, through the airline's site, she can't beat it. I fly to the US though, not Europe. I've been flying with China Airlines, although I may try Cathay Pacific next time. Orbitz and others are usually more than booking online directly with an airline.

Check out www.skyscanner.com Just punch in your departure city and your arrival city and the date you want to fly and it will search through all the airlines and then list all the flights in order of price. Then, go to that airline's website and buy your flight. Most of the cheap flights to, and from Europe, are going via The Emirates.

i go back at least twice a year to the uk from Phuket, i look on line for all the promotions etc, but i always use Green Travel... based on the ground floor in ROBINSONS Phuket town,she just saved me more tha 10,000 bht travelling with Eithihad on one of there promotions,the owner speaks perfect english and is very profesional ,i have been using her for the last six years and never any problems....i would recomend them anytime.

i go back at least twice a year to the uk from Phuket, i look on line for all the promotions etc, but i always use Green Travel... based on the ground floor in ROBINSONS Phuket town,she just saved me more tha 10,000 bht travelling with Eithihad on one of there promotions,the owner speaks perfect english and is very profesional ,i have been using her for the last six years and never any problems....i would recomend them anytime.

Personaly I don't use travel agents but Green Travel are very good

On another point, can someone tell me how to search for the best price available for flights 'over a period', say 'what's the best price for flight to UK in September? any date, any start point, any end point.

It's been a while since I went back to the UK, and the internet was only just being invented then, but checking day by day seems a little erm... old hat!

thx in advance.

OP, the Bangkok Post has a travel section where many companies post their pricing in a board format. Years ago I found Nilton Travel there, and they seem to get me pretty much the same price every year, 37,000 to the west coast USA.

OO7Jimi, I do highly recommend Cathay Pacific, I would still use them if it weren't for the Korean Air flight from Phuket (via Incheon to LAX). With Cathay it's a BKK overnighter,which used to cost me an extra 5-8000thb of partying in BKK on my way out. Now, I can work the whole day and get the KE flight after midnight, not as fun of course but keeps some holiday coin in my pocket.

On another point, can someone tell me how to search for the best price available for flights 'over a period', say 'what's the best price for flight to UK in September? any date, any start point, any end point.

It's been a while since I went back to the UK, and the internet was only just being invented then, but checking day by day seems a little erm... old hat!

thx in advance.

Skyscanner....as mentioned above