Stunned Visa In Under 4 Months

We lodged a spouse visa in Australian emabssey in Bangkok on May 12, 2011, not even 4 months ago.

My wife went back to Bangkok fron Australia 1 week ago after her tourist visa expired.

Today she got a call from the case officer . She told my wife to go to the embassey on Friday at 10 am to collect her spouse visa.

We are shocked, amazed and probably even confused.

There as not even an interview. Just one email in 4 months asking for one document.

We were prepared for a minimum of 10 months.

Lost for words is all i can say.

Congratulations. These positive stories keep on coming. It seems as though; good, solid applications = relatively quick processing times. I suspect that the 10-12 month waiting periods are for those that don't submit good, solid applications.

Edited by Logarhythm

That would never happen with they US consulate. Takes 8 months for them to tell you that your wife is not a terrorist.

Well you first have to apply to homeland security. Then they will send the application to the consulate.

Edited by Gonsalviz

Wife collected her visa from the australian ambassey in bangkok this morning.

For those who have lodged or are going to the processing time was exactly 17 weeks and 4 days

At what stage of the process did you do the medical ?

The medical was asked for a few days after the application was lodged.

Wife collected her visa from the australian ambassey in bangkok this morning.

For those who have lodged or are going to the processing time was exactly 17 weeks and 4 days

At what stage of the process did you do the medical ?

The medical was asked for a few days after the application was lodged.

Thanks for the info :)

Judging by recent results it would seem that the 10 month processing time as quoted by the Embassy maybe was as I suspected.

Having seen it happen before where the Embassy stated increased processing times only to have nothing change, it appears that they may do this to stop people making enquiries by phone and emails. When people know that processing takes 4 months, they start enquiring at the 3-3.5 month mark. This then ties up staff who could be used to process apps. Some bright spark then thinks.....lets tell everyone that the processing time is 10 months and they wont start enquiring until the 8 or 9 month mark, by then the App is already approved/declined and it lessens our workload.

Some Apps will take longer and maybe up to the Service Charter time of 12 months, especially if there are medical or other issues. A reasonably well prepared app should take the average time judging by the recent results we have seen as against the quoted times from the Embassy.