surayu

Hi all!

Is anyone else being pestered with text messages showing the telephone number of the Samrongnuea police station (http://203.147.61.20/web_samrongnua/index_main.asp) as the sender?

I don't really appreciate receiving messages in the morning as early as 6am ! and they send at least a couple of them, all in thai language and everyday.

When i try to translate them using Google, they don't make any sense too!

I am going to post some of the messages using my phone in my next post....

ปจ.ร้อย2ทุกนาย6ก.ยเวลา12.00น.รวมพลที่ดพ.สนามบินแต่งชุดปจ.และลาลอง1ชุด

ปจ.ร้อย 2 ให้ ว.35 ที่สภ.เวลานี้ ว.0ป.3(ถึงสุวรรณภูมิ10.00น.)

ปจ.ร้อย2ทุกนายว.0ปราการ3กรณีรวมพลที่ดพ.สนามบินขอเลื่อนเวลาเป็น11.00น.

กรณีร่วมฝึกที่สุวรรณภูมิให้นำรถหลวงกะบะ4ประตูไปร่วมฝืกด้วยว.0ป.3

...and this is how Google is translating it:

Ph. The second, all the 6 September at 12.00 am at the rally point. I set off for the airport. And leave it a series.

Ph. The second is that a pharmacist was 0.35. This time. The 0.0 grade 3 (the airport at 10:00 am).

Ph. Hundreds 0.0 Fortress 2, all three cases, the General said at the Wed. To the airport for the time being 11:00 am

Training at the airport to the car I go ฝื Tray 4-door with a grade of 0.0 3.

Edited by surayu

I get these too - sometimes one, sometimes 2, each morning.

I understand they are like a daily Thai horoscope ?

Simon

from the police station? ah ah yes it wouldn't surprise me, but they don't look like an horoscope to me, if you look at the messages, they all seems to state a time and the airport....however it's Google, and knowing the way it complitely mess up with words sometime, might just be a mistake in the translation....

I get these too - sometimes one, sometimes 2, each morning.

I understand they are like a daily Thai horoscope ?

Simon

from the police station? ah ah yes it wouldn't surprise me, but they don't look like an horoscope to me, if you look at the messages, they all seems to state a time and the airport....however it's Google, and knowing the way it complitely mess up with words sometime, might just be a mistake in the translation....

These are announcements for places and times of "riot prevention exercise"

Edited by a51mas

Thanks, that makes much more sense than Google does, but i am wondering what these people expect me to do at an airport to prevent a riot?

In my country, that's something you would expect the security/police forces to do, for sure not the people waiting to embark a plane, what they want me to do? throw my luggage at a protester? :lol:

Has any of you partecipated at any such events or it's planning to go? Please reports back if you can

Thanks, that makes much more sense than Google does, but i am wondering what these people expect me to do at an airport to prevent a riot?

In my country, that's something you would expect the security/police forces to do, for sure not the people waiting to embark a plane, what they want me to do? throw my luggage at a protester? :lol:

Has any of you partecipated at any such events or it's planning to go? Please reports back if you can

I'm sorry that I did not translated the whole sentence, actually the police sent out mass text massages and indicated the massages are for riot control unit ปจ.ร้อย2 personnel.

the massages are for riot control

Ok, thanks again :thumbsup:

I will keep some aromatic oil handy, just in case i end up into one of them :D

Ha ha, thank you surayu, didn't realized misspelling "message", now I gotta go out for a couple hours (happy ending) massage.:D

Keep them going,you will be one of the first to be informed when Thaksin will land at the airport :lol:

Edited by janverbeem

Reports back i shall.

When nine hundred years old you reach.. look as good you will not :)

If you use your phone via a monthly subsciption then just go to your local store and they will be able to block them.

I had numerous texts coming in in Thai that were useless to me, as soon as I went into True they stopped them there and then.

Sorry I don't know about pay-as you-go.