How About Manila To Get A Thai Tourist Visa?

We can always hope for change but over a number of years/decades Manila has had a reputation as the worst Thai Consulate in the area, and perhaps the world, to obtain any kind of visa or service. If you are going there anyway let us know how it turns out. Have seen one report recently of someone not too upset and at most locations a change in staff can make a big difference so they do change over time.

Not only that, but Manila is a dump. I had been to the backpackers area there 20 years ago and was shocked when I went there 2 years ago. Talk about run-down ! Every street vendor looked quite desperate, and restaurants only sell junk food.

Go to Singapore.....it's still reasonably cheap near Little India, and clean too. Actually, Little India is quite vibrant at night. Great food too.

The Air Asia return flight there is not much more expensive than Kuala Lumpur (which is not so hot either).

Or try Vientiane.

Edited by Latindancer

Not only that, but Manila is a dump. I had been to the backpackers area there 20 years ago and was shocked when I went there 2 years ago. Talk about run-down ! Every street vendor looked quite desperate, and restaurants only sell junk food.

Go to Singapore.....it's still reasonably cheap near Little India, and clean too. Actually, Little India is quite vibrant at night. Great food too.

The Air Asia return flight there is not much more expensive than Kuala Lumpur (which is not so hot either).

Or try Vientiane.

Agree about Singapore but I would recommend the Geyland district instead for a little nite "colour." :whistling:

Or try Vientiane.

Agree about Singapore but I would recommend the Geyland district instead for a little nite "colour." :whistling:

I used to get regular visas there and always provided a letter, composed by myself and stating that Company XYZ needed my expertise.

One day I went to the embassy ? and found I had lost my letter, as I was presenting my application for the O visa.

Very crestfallen I told the guy I would return another day, ( I would print a new one)

Very surprisingly he gave me a plain sheet and said "Just write it here"..which I happily did.

He was not looking for a bung either.

Maybe I dreamt it !

Must agree the whole place is going backwards, there is a BBC documentary now about the millions who still live in slums.

The Marcos billions are still in the courts after 23 years of wrangling.

Or try Vientiane.

:bah:

------------------------------

Singapore may be a nice place to visit but for the purpose of getting a tourist visa to Thailand from the Thai embessy/consulate there it has in the past been a very uncooperative place. I believe if you ask for a double entry there, it will be like waving a red flag in front of a bull.

There used to be a woman in the Singapore Thai consulate who has been known to scream at anyone who applies for any tourist visa other than a first time single entry visa the following, "You'll get nothing here. No visa! We know you are working in Thailand! No visa for you!", and then litterly throwing the passport and the application form at the applicant.

Now that woman may now longer be working there, but I would still bet that Singapore will be hostile to anyone applying for anything more than single entry tourist visa...and then they might require proof of an outbound ticket from Thailand before they will even give you that single entry tourist visa.

Unless they have changed their attitude Singapore is not a place to try to get a Thai tourist visa...much less a double entry tourist visa.

And if they even think you are a "backpacker" you have no chance of getting a visa at all.

:blink: